Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I am a Pluto lover

DLR Live Webcam?

I know this has been brought up before but I was hopeing that maybe if it gets brought up enough, DLR might actually do it...

I just recently found the Howard Johnson camera

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/webcam/

I have kept it up on my screen while working all day. (Wonder if I'll get in trouble for that) Ive just watched the images flash by. I enjoyed the fireworks show over the weekend. I'm addicted!

Does anyone have any ideas on how we could persuade the correct people @ DLR to have webcams in the park? It would be so great!

Or am I just dreaming?
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Premium Youngling and

Re: DLR Live Webcam?

Good ol HoJo cam

Oh no. Didn't know about this "hohjo" cam. Like I couldn't be more addicted or disctracted by thoughts of Disneyland at work!

GREAT idea about the Disneyland WebCam. If only to gauge the crowd levels.

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by RatherB@Disneyland View Post
    Oh no. Didn't know about this "hohjo" cam. Like I couldn't be more addicted or disctracted by thoughts of Disneyland at work!

Good to know I wont be the only one at work watching it!
    Mellymouse

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    I have kept it up on my screen while working all day. (Wonder if I'll get in trouble for that) Ive just watched the images flash by. I enjoyed the fireworks show over the weekend. I'm addicted!
    Yes, I love watching the hojo cam to in essence "feed my addiction" and daydream about being there. I know where I work we are starting to crack down on unnecessary bandwidth usage. A live streaming webcam of the DLR would take up a lot of bandwidth. I don't know how strict your work is but our work is getting a device which will track all our users Internet Usage and block certain sites. Just an FYI

• Lost in Wonderland

I wanna see! I keep reloading and all I can see is 1/4 of a fuzzy picture of black fuzz.

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by adormouse View Post
    I wanna see! I keep reloading and all I can see is 1/4 of a fuzzy picture of black fuzz.

Someone has control of the camera and they havent figured out how to work it. Each person gets 300 seconds o move the camera, it should move soon.
    Mellymouse

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    Someone has control of the camera and they havent figured out how to work it. Each person gets 300 seconds o move the camera, it should move soon.
    Oh! Well I am going to sit here then until I see something. I mean I see something now but it looks like a tupperware container...or something! LOL!

• Banned User

I'm gonna keep this on my screen all the time now even if it is just showing me what's across the steet from me.

• Lost in Wonderland

I can finally see the Matterhorn, patience has paid off!

• Banned User

I wish we had internet at work!!!!!

I will have to watch for the fireworks this weekend. Thanks for the link!!!!!

• Gobble GOBBLE

Live Cams in the Park is a bugaboo of mine. I see so much up side and so little down side. I, too, am constantly on Hojo's Mattercam. It's great! (By the way, the Park recently trimmed some trees so a keen camera operator can get a glimpse of Autopia cars and a corner of the Monorail loading dock. Not to mention a great veiw down Tomorrowland to Star Tours and Astro Orbitior.)

Multiple cams in the Park would serve only to increase desire to be AT the Park. Back in the craze of web cams I heard that they were actually installed in the Park, but never used. The only reason I have heard was something about security issues after 9/11? That's bunk. I'd like to hear the official explanation, if there is one.

And don't get me started on why Disney doens't sell disneyland specific merchandise on disneyland.com...
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

There is huge potential for in park web cams. They could put them on/in rides, on pathways, in show areas, etc. This could be a really cool thing to have. I just don't think it will happen.

• Mousketeer

Disneyland used to have some web cams. I am pretty sure they still use some of thier cameras for shots of the park that are used on abc7 sometimes. WDW has a lot of cams. there is just no compelling buisness reason for disney to offer the feeds to people outside the parks. in fact, they are a little afraid of people being able to see inside the parks when they are not there (may decrease attendance)

• Gobble GOBBLE

I do not buy the idea that being able to see inside the park will lead to a decreases in attendance. I would argue that it is more likely to increase attendance. Seeing people have fun makes me want to be there enjoying the Park rather than sitting on the side lines watching.

And for people who live a distance from the resort, veiwing a web cam keeps the Park in the forefront of their minds, right where Disney would want their Park to be when a person is deciding where to spend their money on a vacation.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast