Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Ex-DL parade float driver

Re: Grizzly River Run

The first time I rode GRR I waited in line 2 hours. It was about 100 degrees out. And I didn't get a drop of water on me.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

• Minion

GRR is closing on Mon the 26th through Thurs March 1st.

Is it just me or does it seem that you get more soaked on Splash Mountan than GRR.... I just cant take the spinning all the time... Big Foot Rapids at Knotts is way better....

• Eeyore smiling

We love GRR. We rode over NYE, and here is an advantage to staying on property, we always ride it on our way to the hotel, which we always do in the early afternoon. Sometimes we barely get wet, although with big parties that are in two rafts it is a kick to see who will be getting wet. It is a must ride every trip.

• Someone's excited!

Red Face Re: Grizzly River Run

Quote Originally Posted by Tink1969 View Post
    One thing I've noticed is that when I'm looking at trip reports there never seems to be any mention of Grizzly River Run. Am I the only one that thinks this is one of the best rides at DLR? In fact, the last time I was there my daughters and I went 11 times in 3 days.
    I could be on ot RIGHT now but...my brother is sick and our trip to the Dl resort has been postponed.
    Still wishing for that AP....

Future Imagineer, right here!

"Have I really been on MiceChat for TWO HOURS?!?!?!?" -Me

• Special Agent

Grizzly always has a long line in the summer and it's always too cold to ride in the winter. Bad fit for a Disney park.

Quote Originally Posted by micksgal View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem that you get more soaked on Splash Mountan than GRR.... I just cant take the spinning all the time... Big Foot Rapids at Knotts is way better....
    Add me to the list that think that Bigfoot (or pretty much any other incarnation of this ride) is better than Grizzly. For such a massive ride, the experience is over far too soon. Too much of the track length is taken up by drops and runouts with very short periods of rapids.

As an out-of-towner; I'd ride this all day during the Summer. But the rest of us tourists usually have the same idea, and it is fairly crowded as a result. Tower of Terror usually has a shorter line.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

I thinks it's just the luck of the draw on how wet you get. On one of our trips I hardly got wet at all but my sister, daughter, and neice (who were sitting directly across from me) got absolutely soaked! It was like a wall of water came over their side of the raft. I had a disposable waterproof camera and by sheer luck I snapped a picture just as it happened. It's one of my all time favorite pictures and I get an ear to ear grin everytime I look at it. I'll try to post it tonight-I'm at work right now. We would go 3-4 times in a row and then go back to the hotel to change and then have a late lunch/early dinner.

• just the beernecessities

If the sun is out, even in the winter you dry pretty fast. But soggy feet is a problem, I always wear my running shoes, which dry fast. You can perch your feet on the center part up out of the water. Last time I was on I noticed a metal bar up under the set that you can also put your feet on, to keep them out of the water on the floor. I met a woman last summer who brings extra dry socks. Definately in my top ten, and way better than Kali at AK.

GRR is absolutely one of the best rides in DCA (IMO). Every time I ride I get wet, but I can deal with that because we usually ride when it's really hot, or when we are getting ready to go back to the hotel to get ready for the evening/have lunch/whatever.

I don't think that outfitting the rafts with an enclosure would be that easy. They would have to develop something that is compatable with the current rafts and then they would have to store the enclosures somewhere during the hotter months. I think that it would be a huge headache for the staff.

• Let's all go . . .

649.8 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth!

This ride is fun and I really like the fake Yellowstone that lasts for a few seconds (what that has to do with California, I don't know -- perhaps someone can inform me that it's not really supposed to be Yellowstone), but it's also a spinning ride that makes me sick and once we did get so wet we had to hoof it all the way back to our hotel a block from the pedestrian entrance to put on a new change of clothes. But it is fun, though not very original.

• DLR...

This is one of my favorite rides at California Adventure. Its great to go to in the summer time because you can dry off easily in the warm sun. Grizzly is not only just a river ride, its a twirly worly fun ride (O_o) where you get spun around lots. Next time I go to DLR, I'll be sure to give a report and include Grizzly

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

When DCA, GRR was the ONLY completely immersive environment and ride up to the Disney standards of themeing and wonder. I love the ride and I'm a minority here, but I'm actually disappointed that you don't get wet enough! I want to come off the ride laughing at someone for totally getting soaked... or allow myself to be the butt of the joke but it never happens.

And all of my friends are like most of you... they don't want to get wet. So that's why I rarely go on. And yah, I'm afraid of taking my camera on there in case it really does get soaked.

hey wait... my last trip report had a shot of GRR! Mine just isn't as popular as the other reports though.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• DLR...

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    When DCA, GRR was the ONLY completely immersive environment and ride up to the Disney standards of themeing and wonder. I love the ride and I'm a minority here, but I'm actually disappointed that you don't get wet enough! I want to come off the ride laughing at someone for totally getting soaked... or allow myself to be the butt of the joke but it never happens.

And all of my friends are like most of you... they don't want to get wet. So that's why I rarely go on. And yah, I'm afraid of taking my camera on there in case it really does get soaked.

hey wait... my last trip report had a shot of GRR! Mine just isn't as popular as the other reports though.
    I know exactly what you mean. I enjoy getting wet on GRR and Splash and everyone else that I'm riding with doesn't. Getting wet is fun...most of the time

GRR was a letdown for me. No music, no story, minimal theming. Sure there are trees and the enviroment is nice, but that's about it. For a "Disney" centerpiece attraction, it is VERY weak. Budget cuts killed this ride...probably would have been a very good attraction had they actually developed the original ideas with Audio Animintronics. It's sad this ride wasn't even Imagineered (queue / landscape was)....just goes to show you how cheap Disney is getting.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."
    -Walt Disney

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast