Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Grizzly River Run

One thing I've noticed is that when I'm looking at trip reports there never seems to be any mention of Grizzly River Run. Am I the only one that thinks this is one of the best rides at DLR? In fact, the last time I was there my daughters and I went 11 times in 3 days.

• Minion

Re: Grizzly River Run

I like it, but have to be in a mood to get wet or remember my poncho!
    I also like that it is a SR ride, but you have to watch out in the summer. I had to wait an hour for a pass b/c it was so busy!

• Queen of Sarcasm

I like GRR but I usually don't go on it when I am at the park usually. Sometimes I don't want to walk around all day with wet clothes on. On days when I do want to ride it, it has a long line and the FPs usually are for late that night, after the timeframe I want to ride.

• Neep meep beep

It took me years before I tried out this ride, and I like it. It doesn't seem to be that popular with micechatters, but I think it's one of the most detailed attractions in all of California Adventure.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

I do like it, but I dont like walking around in wet clothes all day, and I dont really go to the parks during the summer when its hot.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Oh my Goodness!

I like GRR - however I generally don't ride unless it is really really hot - so my clothes will dry out. And the line is normally a lil too long for me. But I agree w/ Froggy - it is one of the most detailed rides in DCA - a lot to look at. It was very well designed.

• Shablagoo!

I enjoy it. I rode it twice in a row when I was there in November. I had a poncho and after I rode it twice I handed my poncho to a woman who was on her way in. So I recommend bringing a cheap poncho from target so you can stay dry.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Like everyone else, I like it, but do NOT like how wet you get. In fact I've only been on it once because of that fact. If they toned the wet factor down I'd ride it more.

• I love this place!

I like it a lot but like most of the above posters I won't ride it unless the weather is very warm. I usually manage to talk myself out of it. It's best to wear something light when you ride it, if you're wearing denim you will be soaked through for the rest of the day.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I usually go straight to Grizzly River Run that straight after that. I go to California Screamin' and sit in the very front.

I'm excited to see how the new AA's will be on the ride. Should be very cool!

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Almost everyone is this thread is NOT riding because of the probability of getting wet. Even with a poncho you get wet. I don't know anybody that enjoys walking around in 40-65 degree weather with soggy shoes.

IT'S TIME TO ENCLOSE THE RAFTS IN WINTER!!

Even if the enclosure was only 1/2 way up, they could keep almost all of the water out and the ridership would go up. Besides, Disney is already paying for the electricity to run the attraction... I don't know why they don't make it more attractive to the guests by trying to keep them dry in the wintertime.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Almost everyone is this thread is NOT riding because of the probability of getting wet. Even with a poncho you get wet. I don't know anybody that enjoys walking around in 40-65 degree weather with soggy shoes.

IT'S TIME TO ENCLOSE THE RAFTS IN WINTER!!

Even if the enclosure was only 1/2 way up, they could keep almost all of the water out and the ridership would go up. Besides, Disney is already paying for the electricity to run the attraction... I don't know why they don't make it more attractive to the guests by trying to keep them dry in the wintertime.

Great Idea! I've never thought of that. You'll hear a lot more about GRR in the warmer months. I refuse to walk around all day in wet pants if it's not warm already. Splash Mountain is worth the wetness, GRR is not.

Chad

• Up is Down

the weather is the factor for me when it gets hot I will go on it but, until then I will pass!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Minion

To tell you the truth, I haven't been on Grizzly River Run since April. I know that it's an E-ticket attraction and one of the best rides of its kind (river rapids ride). However, it's not a "must-see" for me like Soarin' Over California or Tower of Terror when I do visit California Adventure, which is usually around late-afternoon after I visit Disneyland. By that time, the temperature is usually not that warm anymore; I just don't feel like getting that wet. Splash Mountain is fine for me at night for some reason.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Yeah, I go on it right before I leave if I'm staying on property. I don't like walking around the Magic Kingdom with weet buttcheeks.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast