Thread: A Question....

• My laughing place

A Question....

I just recieved my AP newsletter today. Its essentially just a marketing callender.
    In the callender there is a quote by Uncle Walt that got me to thinking. He said " The idea of Disneyland is a simple one. It will be a place for people to find happiness and knowledge".
    Walt was the first person to teach me you can have fun learning new things. It doesnt neccesarily have to be boring.
    The rides at Disneyland have seem to have gotten away from teaching us different things (ie The Molecue ride in Tommorowland,America Sings etc)

The question is: Is it ok to get away from the idea that Walt had for Disneyland or do we need to raise our voices and ask Disney to return Disneyland rides to the premise that Walt first started with ?

I understand that not ALL the rides have to teach us something.

Well I learned on the Matterhorn years ago not to stick my hands up too high.

We're still doing good.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DsnyFvr
    I just recieved my AP newsletter today. Its essentially just a marketing callender.
    In the callender there is a quote by Uncle Walt that got me to thinking. He said " The idea of Disneyland is a simple one. It will be a place for people to find happiness and knowledge".
    Walt was the first person to teach me you can have fun learning new things. It doesnt neccesarily have to be boring.
    The rides at Disneyland have seem to have gotten away from teaching us different things (ie The Molecue ride in Tommorowland,America Sings etc)

The question is: Is it ok to get away from the idea that Walt had for Disneyland or do we need to raise our voices and ask Disney to return Disneyland rides to the premise that Walt first started with ?

I understand that not ALL the rides have to teach us something.
    True not all the rides have to teach us something BUT I'd rather learn something and have fun all at the same time. Like from POTC I learned not to drink and buy women off the black or else I'd A) Catch on fire when vandalize a small spanish village or B) Go to jail.

Seriously, your right, I've noticed that the latest attractions haven't been to teach us something as much as it is a way for Disney to earn a quick buck. Take for instance the newest attraction at DL and the coming attraction at DCA. What is there to learn from Space Rangers and Monsters? Nothing. Disney is making a habit of creating rides that require little no thought and slapping a pixar character on them and it's becoming very insulting. I love rides that make you think and that's a part of learning as well and I'm not getting that anymore with the newer attractions. Rides like Small World (hate it, but it's a classic) teaches you about different cultures, POTC is a history lesson, Splash Mountain is a fable, all classics all something you learn from. Many would say that Innoventions is the same way, but that also seems like a way to make a quick buck off sponsorship (like they bastardized walt's dream of better tomorrow to shill out new products). But yeah, totally agree with you, Disney should go back to this way of thinking.

• I found my Prince!

I think maybe its not so much learning that we long for in a Disneyland attraction, but some thought and effort. An experience to make us think, feel AND be entertained is what makes a true classic.