• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

New AP newsletter - Food and Wine dates and much more

Just got the newest Backstage Pass in the mail, it has a little girl dressed as a princess on the front cover. It is not yet available at Disneyland.com/AP

Highlights...

Page 1 and 2 talks about YOAMD and a few AP holders who won major prizes

Page 3 talks about Rockin' Both Parks, and no mention of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Page 4 talks about the Finding Nemo Sub Voyage, Marty Sklar and Tony Baxter are interviewed, not much new, interesting to note that they did not mention the June 11th opening date, instead saying "Resurfacing this Summer", wonder if they are worried about making the deadline... And mentioned the fact that new FN:SV merchandise will be on the shelves before the ride opens.

Page 5 and 6 talk about the Food & Wine Weekends at DCA. Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from April 27th thru May 20th.

Sounds very similar to last years event, same type of seminars and that Lucky Fortune Cookery will be used to feature a "Taste of California" like last year.

They list a website, but it really doesn't say much...

http://www.DisneysCaliforniaFoodAndWineWeekends.com

Also there will be a special AP party on Saturday, May 12th from 6:30 to 9:30 PM at Stage 17 (the old Millionaire Building). No price listed, it says to go to the link above for more details, but none are yet listed at the web site.

Page 7 and 8 talk about Passholder Perks. A Meet the Robinsons interview with the director, Steve Anderson, and then a mention of the El Capitan special AP events on March 31st at 10 AM and April 1st at 12:25 PM.

There is an actual cardboard Photo Pass that gives you a 20% discount if you use the card. Also a mention of discounted Ducks tickets.

Page 9 lists more AP perks, 10% off at DisneyShopping.com until March 15th, use the code "FEBAP10" at checkout.

Weekday LUNCHES at Yamibuki's are 20% off thru April 30th.

Special Brunches for Easter (featuring Alice) and Mother's Day (featuring the Princesses), $57 for Adults, $14.50 for kids 3 thru 11. Both at the Grand Ballroom at the DLH. AP discounts will be given.

Page 10 lists some new merchandise and talks about the name change for Steakhouse 55.

Page 11 and 12 are promos for Adventures by Disney, DVC and the Cruise Line. ABD is offering 15% discount on selected packages thru March 31st. DVC is offering a $15 credit per point for AP holders if you act by March 5th, this is a serious discount of over $2,000 for the cheapest plan, and worth more if you want a large package.

Page 13 talks about the second "Dining with Character" AP Pin, "Chef" Sebastian. The offer starts Sunday, March 11th. There is also an article about the Disneyland Band.

Page 14 talks about renewing on line, that Anne Geddis is having a clearance sale, up to 70% off, and that Plushes are buy one, get one free. Also a special Valentine's Gift Card is available, and a Disney Chase Visa card offer.

So keep a eye on your mailbox.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Senior Minion

Re: New AP newsletter - Food and Wine dates and much more

I can't wait! The discount to Yamibuki seems great too.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Too bad I'll miss the Food and Whine weekend... especially if I let my AP lapse.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Thanks for typing it up, Darkbeer!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

interesting, cannot wait to see it online.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Just double checked the AP event at the link...

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/gated/landing?name=AP_FoodWineTasteEventPage

$100 per person

Vanity Fair® Premium Napkins invites you to an exclusive Annual Passholder event that delights the senses of sight, sound and, most importantly, taste. Stage 17 in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot is transformed into a grand culinary spectacle showcasing divine foods and a remarkable collection of excellent wines, beers and spirits. Explore tasting stations, sample delicious creations and enjoy the smooth sounds of cool jazz. Eat fantastic food, drink fine wines and celebrate the joys of life.

Date: Saturday, May 12, 2007
    Time: 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
    Location: Stage 17 in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Disney's California Adventure® Park
    Price: $100 per person (including tax and gratuity, no discounts apply)

Theme Park admission to Disney's California Adventure® Park is required and is not included in the event price. This is an exclusive Annual Passholder event. Each Guest will be required to show their valid Disneyland® Resort Annual Passport. Advanced reservations are required.

Check this page on March 1st for details on making reservations.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Fight On for ol' SC!

I got mine last Monday. I usually don't see mine until atleast two weeks after they post it on the AP site. They must have gotten hold of my park frequency trips and decided to be nice. I wasn't too impressed with the publicity and explanations of YoaMD. They make Rockin sound like its gold. I'd feel bad for people who don't read online sites and go and experience it and are just so disappointed. This happened to some of my friends and they will not go back on Space until the old version is back.

Wink Re: New AP newsletter - Food and Wine dates and much more

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Also a special Valentine's Gift Card is available ...
    Ooh, that's timely!!
    "I Only Hope That We Never Lose Sight Of One Thing,
    That It Was All Started By A Mouse." - Walt Disney
    http://www.StartedByAMouse.com