Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Is anybody else bothered by the non-random nature of Year of a Million Dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut View Post
    Actually, your interpretation is a bit off. Regardless of who owns the prizes and the property, there are extensive state and federal laws regarding promotions that include some form of giveaway, sweepstakes, lottery, game of chance, etc.

The current system to award said prizes has been put into place in order to satisfy Disney's requirements under law and is an attempt to thwart possible future litigation from those who feel the prize was awarded in an unfair or unbalanced manner. Under this current public promotion and sweepstakes, Disney does NOT have the right to award prizes to the most "beautiful person" in the park as you allege.
    Interesting, and that law is found where? Getting back to the topic "Are you bothered." I find no reason to be bothered by someone that gives somthing away that is not mine. That is all I'm saying.
    Last edited by shadylanestudio; 02-22-2007 at 10:24 AM.

• white and nerdy

Re: Is anybody else bothered by the non-random nature of Year of a Million Dreams?

Hey, I got nothing but love for the GIGs.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

From what I've seen, it's very random. I know someone who's a Dream Squad Lead and it's not as biased as you guys are stating. I know there is the "fear" of that, but in reality, they are VERY methodical.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

While the location that the Dream Squad is sent to is "Random", the person that they actually give the prize to is not. They still have to pick someone to give it to and often that is a subjective decision.

Case in point. During the MiceChat WDW Invasion, we had a group of about 40 with us for the week. None of us won any dreams EXCEPT for two families who won repeatedly. Since both of these families had cute young kids with them, and the rest of us did not, it certainly leaves me with the impression that the system is indeed rigged.

I've yet to win anything and I'm at the park almost every weekend and have been to WDW twice since the campaign started (open to close).

So, yeah, I think there is some bias going on. I'm not upset or bitter about it, but I do think that Disney is opening themselves up to criticism by pretending that the whole thing is fair, when it clearly isn't.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Hiding from the Sheeple

Quote Originally Posted by shadylanestudio View Post
    Interesting, and that law is found where? Getting back to the topic "Are you bothered." I find no reason to be bothered by someone that gives somthing away that is not mine. That is all I'm saying.
    Business and Professions Code sections 17539-17539.3, 17539.35, 17539.5, 17539.15, 17539.55, 17539.55

Would you also like the applicable federal law?

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    While the location that the Dream Squad is sent to is "Random", the person that they actually give the prize to is not. They still have to pick someone to give it to and often that is a subjective decision.
    I would agree with that in terms of when they are handing out many lanyards in a crowd.
    But for example the first family to win the suite at WDW. It was said that the computer determined the winner to be on Star Tours at a certain time in a certain seat. I don't know how they'd mess that up.

• Minion

The odds of winning ANY prize is 1 in 65. Items like Fastpasses, hats and lanyards are given out in groups of 25-100 at a time. The CMs don't go "The next 25 family looking people get a hat". The computer printout says "25 hats at the exit to Teacups at 9:37am." You just have to be in the right place at the right time. There was the day the print out kicked out 50 fastpasses at the register to Rancho at 930am and there was NO ONE THERE. One dream member stayed there, and the second one had to lure people to come inside so they could finish that one and move on in time. It is random. My kids and I were there 13 days in December. Saw a few dream teams, never won anything. We just weren't in the right spot. No biggie. Disney isn't against a single mom with 4. I just wasn't in the right spot. But we have since won 4 lanyards and 4 hats.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Banned User

I am bothered by the entire "Million Dreams" campaign as a whole, but sadly, there is nothing we can do to make their ways of prize distribution be more fair and equitable. It's their sweepstakes and they can administer it any way they see proper. That's just the unfair way of these type of contests.

• Old Timer

I know that my chances of winning are lowered by the fact that I know some members of 'dream teams' and so they wouldn't feel right giving me something.
    I also wish that they were scattered more throughout the day. But that's just me - I don't do mornings well.

• Comin' at ya!

I agree Circama. I think once humans are thrown into the mix natural things happen which make choosing anything but random.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Case in point. During the MiceChat WDW Invasion, we had a group of about 40 with us for the week. None of us won any dreams EXCEPT for two families who won repeatedly. Since both of these families had cute young kids with them, and the rest of us did not, it certainly leaves me with the impression that the system is indeed rigged.

I've yet to win anything and I'm at the park almost every weekend and have been to WDW twice since the campaign started (open to close).

So, yeah, I think there is some bias going on. I'm not upset or bitter about it, but I do think that Disney is opening themselves up to criticism by pretending that the whole thing is fair, when it clearly isn't.
    I agree. The system is certainly rigged. Considering how often I visit the Resort, and how many times I've been since the promotion started last October, I have yet to win a prize. Granted, a lot of my visits have included arriving at the parks in the late afternoon, and sometimes after 5pm, when the handing out of prizes is said to conclude.

But even still, I've noted that people I know to have won have been: families, or a pair of attractive girls. And most people I know who've won haven't necessarily been coming off attractions or on an attraction to win, in fact, most of them who've won have just been walking from one destination to the next and been stopped by a member of the DreamSquad.

Considering me and peoplemover1 (my more-often-than-not partner in crime) are neither a family or attractive young girls, and haven't won even a measly hat, well, then, I have to agree that the system is rigged and aimed at giving dreams to families or bigger groups of touristy-looking guests rather than constuctionwall picture-snapping regulars who admittedly don't ride many rides.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post

Are you comfortable with the current process, or would you like to see it offered in a more "truly random" way such as automatically winning via computer at the gate when entering the Park?
    I'm somewhat comfortable on how the random prizes are given. I just see if the prizes are offered at the gate, then I see a mad dash of people trying to win and hurting themselves while going through the turnstyles and trying to get into the park.

I agree with Dusty, though I'm just a little upset and I shouldn't be because this whole random thing is the luck of the draw. I just noticed that you have to get to the parks early if you want to win anything. Oh, and I have yet to see a dream team member. I haven't seen a DTM just walking around the parks.

I think there is some bias going on myself. I won't wear my disney lanyards, pins, shirts that indicates that I attend DL on a monthly basis. That's how see it.

I'm just grateful that I can go to Disneyland or DCA whenever I can. Some people aren't even lucky enough to experience the Magic.

The whole thing bothers me...I haven't won anything yet, but I kind of get the feeling that as an AP, they don't want to award us with the dreams...not to say that other APs haven't been awarded (I would think we would stand a better chance of getting one given the frequency of our trips). I swear CM's can spot us a mile away and thus that decreases our chances.
    I'm very curious about the Dreams Parking spaces -- are those chosen by computer as well? Just thinking about it -- since you have to present your pass (if you're a premium or someone who opted for parking), what's the likelihood that you are going to get the special dreams space? I would think that a CM would award the pass to someone who is more than likely not a passholder...

• Banned User

. Since both of these families had cute young kids with them, and the rest of us did not, it certainly leaves me with the impression that the system is indeed rigged.

I could not agree more! We were there 10 days and didn't get approached one time. We're middle aged, no small children, no appeal I suppose!

• Minion

As far as I can see, here are the requirements for winning any prize:

1.) ticket purchasing guest (no annual passholders)

2.) english speaking american

3.) large prizes, such as the Mickey suite must be awarded to white, middle class families that are required to have a mother, father, son and daughter ( cute puppy golden retreiver optional).

4.) All prized must be given out before noon. Anyone entering the park after 12:00 PM does not qualify.

5) Winning guest must be attractive

6) Dream parking spaces are to be given out to random guests in the park. If the guest has already parked their vehicle, which they probably already have, then the prize is void.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast