Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Minion

Re: Is anybody else bothered by the non-random nature of Year of a Million Dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyDogMom View Post
    I'm one of the most UNLUCKY people there is!!! (I can give you an incident for every week that I'm unlucky) I'm Malcon10t's daughter BTW. and I believe all of my family has won more than me in the sweepstakes. I got ears but everyone else has gotten ears, a lanyard, another set of ears, etc...
    Ummm, Actually, older bro won a lanyard, younger bro ears, younger sis, ears and lanyard and old mom, 2 ears, 2 lanyards.

And you aren't unlucky. But to people who don't know her, her point of view is very different than the average person. She prefers to think herself this way so when she doesn't achieve something it isn't as major as expecting to and not achieving it. People who know her have come to understand her point of view. Its different, but it works for her.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Re: Is anybody else bothered by the non-random nature of Year of a Million Dreams?

I've only won something once, and that was when they were handing out the lanyards w/pins in bulk, and my boyfriend and another male friend got one as well. We're all young adults with no kids.

My boyfriend and I go to the park on average once a month (and get there at opening every time), and we've passed by the Dream Squad several times every time we go to the park. Don't even look at us. They always look for two little kids somewhere, from what I've seen...and that really bugs me.

It's the nuclear family that they really want.

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Some prizes they won't give to single people. I doubt that they will ever award a stay at the Mickey Penthouse to a single person. Other prizes I don't think that it matters wheter you are single or not. The ears, lanyards and dream passes are examples of these things. It can't be totally random but just accept it and if you win be happy!
    Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley815 View Post
    Well, if you keep thinking like that, then you'll always be unlucky. How about changing your point of view to be more positive? You'd be surprised at how things can change based on your attitude.
    I could agree with that statement, for most people it works, but the dissapointment of failure would be to great for me to handle, I'm too much of a realist. If I'm positive and I fail, I'm a loser; if I'm negative and I fail, it's okay; If I'm negative and I succeed, I get the extra boost of happiness. You'll be suprised to know that there's very few things I fail at, except winning contests [not being an egoist but I'm too stubborn to fail]

I'm the little engine that can't but keeps on trying anyway [smilie=1,30,19] LOL

I will say I have excellent luck when it comes to getting people to help me with cars. Everytime I've locked my keys in the car or had a problem there is a stranger around to help me within minutes, it's kind of weird.
    The more people I meet the more I like animals. -Unknown

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyDogMom View Post
    You'll be suprised to know that there's very few things I fail at, except winning contests [not being an egoist but I'm too stubborn to fail]

I'm the little engine that can't but keeps on trying anyway [smilie=1,30,19] LOL
    Stubborn?? I would never use that word with you! (tongue firmly in cheek)

To be honest, I can't think of anything you have failed at, especially if anyone has told you you can't do something.... This is a girl who completed her 2nd degree blackbelt test (a 2 week long test) with a broken toe. No, the Masters didn't care she was injured. You must block out pain and keep going. Failure is not an option.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Basking in birthday love

They must have been handing out the lanyards somewhere in Adventureland early this morning, because there were tons of people coming by Jungle Cruise wearing them in the first hour or so that the park was open. And I totally didn't know that MickeyDogMom was malcon10t's daughter! It's so fun to see families of MiceChatters.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    They must have been handing out the lanyards somewhere in Adventureland early this morning, because there were tons of people coming by Jungle Cruise wearing them in the first hour or so that the park was open. And I totally didn't know that MickeyDogMom was malcon10t's daughter! It's so fun to see families of MiceChatters.
    Didn't see the resemblance in our avatar? hehehe

I think the lanyards are fun. I like the pins. I;M waiting for someone to win bigger than hats and lanyards in the mail in...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567