Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

If DCA gets a million dollar plan, shouldn't Tomorrowland get one too?

Yes, we have all heard about the DCA redo and how it will cost an average of $650 million dollars, well, we all know that but don't you think that Tomorrowland should get a plan as well. I know Tomorrowland stands pretty good where it stands right now but you are blind if you can't tell that there are some much needed changes that should take place. It shouldnt so much be enlisted as a "New Tomorrowland" but around a 5 year plan fixing things and spreading them out over the years, here are a couple of thing that should be involved:

1. Removal of Tomorrowland rock formation at the entrance of Tomorrowland.

2. Removal of the Astro Orbiter to provide more room to walk at the entrance.

3. Star Tours gets it's much deserved updated 21st century version touch inspired by the new breed of Star Wars.

4. The Peoplemover track gets the Incredibles Pod attraction that has been rumored from time to time.

5. The Magic Eye Theater replaces Honey I Shrunk the Audience with a new futuristic 3-D film.

6. Removal of the Observatron from the top of the former Rocket Jets platform.

7. Place Astro Orbiter on the former location of the Observatron.

8. Turn the wasted top half of Starcade into the queue area to the new attraction located on the Peoplemover track with a ramp leading to the Peoplemover platform.

9. The unpopular Innoventions could possibly be used to place two new attractions with one being on the top off as well as the other on the bottom. Possible applicants for this space could be a returning Carousel of Progress to the lower half and a cloned edition of Stitch's Great Escape.

10. Top this all off with a fresh new coat of paint and minor lanscaping.

Well, say you get all that in this plan, no doubt it will be in the millions but as a guess, how much would you say that would all round about to as the cost in the end?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Hiding in the shadows

Re: If DCA gets a million dollar plan, shouldn't Tomorrowland get one too?

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    4. The Peoplemover track gets the Incredibles Pod attraction that has been rumored from time to time.
    I agree to everything but the Incredibles on the People Mover Track. They are Action Heros (at best and thats a leap) but not "future", the movie was modern day. I would like to see a new updated concept for the true peolpe mover here, without a character theme.

The problem is that even though Tomorrowland needs so much work, people are still flocking to DL and taking in what is there. This is not the case with DCA, they need to sink more money in to get the people through the gate. So unless we stop buying APs and people stop going to DL to get the point across, I just dont see $650MM being sunk into something that is probably broke, but its still working.

• Beep Beep!

Works for me!
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

•   
    • Senior Minion

I'm in the minority that thinks Innoventions is actually fun. Although I do feel it does need some updating, but the stuff inside is great.

As for moving the Orbitor over where the Observatron is, I'm thinking that there might be some issues with that just like there were with the inability of bringing PeopleMover back. Plus you'd have the problem of where to put the queue. If you place it around the ride it will cause congestion when shows occur at the Terrace.

• It's all nonsense

No Incredibles for Tomorrowland! Just use the same old Peoplemover ride system and design the cars to look similar to the Monorail only an open air design. Equip them with state of the art touchscreens so you can do anything from look at park info (parade times etc), to make dinner reservations or even place an order at the Pizza Port.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Everyone on Micechat would love such a revamp of tomorrowland. But Disneyland has no problem with attendance. Fact is, with the Subs opening this summer, I doubt Disney will try and attract more guests to go to that area of the park seeing it will probably be overflowing.

DCA needs help badly. Few people set out to go to DCA. They may go there to ride a few of their favorites or maybe the magic kingdom is too crowded so they go there for a break. If someone is coming here for a family vacation from out of state, doubtful they go to DCA for more than one day where as they may go to Disneyland for 3 or more days.

I guess you could say 2 disney parks are in the emergency room. One is DCA other is Tomorrowland. They are going to put the most effort into the patient that could bleed to death.

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Everyone on Micechat would love such a revamp of tomorrowland. But Disneyland has no problem with attendance. Fact is, with the Subs opening this summer, I doubt Disney will try and attract more guests to go to that area of the park seeing it will probably be overflowing.

DCA needs help badly. Few people set out to go to DCA. They may go there to ride a few of their favorites or maybe the magic kingdom is too crowded so they go there for a break. If someone is coming here for a family vacation from out of state, doubtful they go to DCA for more than one day where as they may go to Disneyland for 3 or more days.

I guess you could say 2 disney parks are in the emergency room. One is DCA other is Tomorrowland. They are going to put the most effort into the patient that could bleed to death.

Chad
    See, that's the problem, Disnaeyland is too cocky to know that people will stop coming, why do you think they don't ever lower the price even like ten dollars like they used too. They know that people will keep coming no matter what, no matter how much the price raises, whords of people will keep coming in with tons of money. Yes, I know that DCA is getting this plan becuase there is problems with attendance and the park is unpopular in itself but that doesn't mean that just because Disneyland gets so much attendance, attention and praise, it shouldn't not look at it's faults beacsue they do know just like we do that it does have it's faults. If they don't listen now, then they will never listen and will only act when they feel they have too.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• ...TWO BITS!

DCA needs more help than TL.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

I mean, to me sometimes it looks like Disney gets lazy with it's parks beacuse many of them don't just get updated like one should, take WDW for example, it's neck deep in having the need for updates:

Magic Kingdom: Carousel of Progress always seems to gets dumped on because of its low popularity and is rumored to close more and more every year. Keelboat House desn't get used for anything and tons of attractions are in need of updates and some major TLC to go along with it.

Disney Studios: In need of some new shows that havn't been ther forever hence Beauty and the Beast, Muppet-Vision, Little Mermaid. Superstar Television building doesnt get used for any new shows. Drew Carey has overstayed his welcome and the soundstage should be updated every 5 years to allow new stars. Star Tours in need of update as well as the Graet Movie Ride should get new scenes for the first time.

Epcot: Wonders of Life should be closed for good to make a new pavillion and not just let it saty there with no future. Univerese of Energy needs new storyline and update because ellen has overstayed her welcome as well. Canada and France need new updated films. HISTA should be replaced with new show after its 13 yr long run.

Paris has its problems too but alot of it has to do with the people as well because in my eyes as well as many others, its a great park.

It seems that Tokyo Disneyland really only gets the real up to date recognition and its sad because it isn't even run by Disney.

And with Dinseyland, the problems lie within Tomorrowland, Toontown, and parts of Frontierland.

So I don't know but that's my opinion, I'm sure u guys see differently.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I don't think you have anything to worry about. What the OP wrote about IS more or less the long term plan for Tomorrowland. Al has written extensively about the focus on Tomorrowland by those in Imagineering with the power to make the changes.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    See, that's the problem, Disnaeyland is too cocky to know that people will stop coming, why do you think they don't ever lower the price even like ten dollars like they used too. They know that people will keep coming no matter what, no matter how much the price raises, whords of people will keep coming in with tons of money. Yes, I know that DCA is getting this plan becuase there is problems with attendance and the park is unpopular in itself but that doesn't mean that just because Disneyland gets so much attendance, attention and praise, it shouldn't not look at it's faults beacsue they do know just like we do that it does have it's faults. If they don't listen now, then they will never listen and will only act when they feel they have too.

DL,

I do agree with you. But what we as disney fanatics see as a lowering of standards, the general public still comes out in droves. On top of that, they do keep pumping in dollars to new projects. Tomorrowland does need some serious attention, but it will be done piece by piece, ride by ride. It was mentioned in the past to just shut down TLand and start over from scratch. While this could appease some of us hard core fans, imagine the once-a-decade family turning left at the hub and seeing a closed sign.

Granted Tland needs works, quite a bit in fact. But Disney will no way allot 650 million dollars. The attendance boost with DCA could justify that expense, even with a sub par tomorrow land, it's still very crowded.

Chad

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I understand the concept of fixing tomorrowland, but how much money has been put into that land already. If Disney had a fool proof sure fire way to make it into something that wouldn't become tacky and outdated I'd say go for it. Go back to the Discoveryland idea, make it a vision of the future, make sure it stops turning into Pixarland. i dunno

Well, I believe at least 1., 3., and 5. on that list should be completed by 2010.

• Neep meep beep

I'm sorry, you lost me at "Stitch's Great Escape".

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    I'm sorry, you lost me at "Stitch's Great Escape".
    LOL, believe me, I'm not for it either, I just said possible applicants, I'd much rather just get the original Alien Encounter with 21st century technology.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast