Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

DCA's "Second Chance Cinema"

Here's what I want: a small 40 seat theatre in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Full-length Disney feature films would play there continuously throughout the day.

Showcased would be Disney films that are underappreciated, or all-but-forgotten in the immense Disney Panthenon. I would love the chance to see "The Cat From Outer Space", "The Moonspinners", or "The Black Cauldron", even "The Apple Dumpling Gang" again in a theatre setting.

Guests can wander in and out as they please (like the Main Street Cinema), giving some relief to an over-heated crowd in DCA.

I believe DCA needs a more solid link to Disney History and Tradition to be able to survive, and this may help in those regards.

The Theatre would be called "Hollywood's Second Chance Cinema". Below is a hurried concept (I'm at work and have no access to art supplies) of the marquee. Any ideas, criticisms or embellishments will be decidedly ignored and disregarded (actually this is not true--why post unless I want feedback?).

• Minion

Re: DCA's "Second Chance Cinema"

I like the idea!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

That's a pretty cool idea.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Circle of Ancients

I can think of two empty buildings in the Hollywood area where this could go NOW!!!

• Minion

To be honest, I think it'd be a waste of space. I can't imagine there would be too many people who'd want to pay money to get into DCA, and then spend an hour or so watching a movie they might have at home.

I never see anyone in the Main Street Cinema. A 40 seat theatre seems like overkill.

No if this was implemented somewhere in DtD, that may be different story.

• Atomic Audioanimatronic

I think that's a simple, great idea! It would make for a nice experience and a welcome alternative to the general rush and heat... though, as you stated before, keep it small. Tuck it into some unused space that couldn't fit a ride, Tetris-style.

• Atomic Audioanimatronic

Or, wait... what if they just had an outdoor screen that, at night, could be showing film clips in an area of the Hollywood Backlot that wouldn't create bottlenecks? Like an outdoor, walk-by drive-in? It seems like that might help boost the theming there, too... it could be up higher like a billboard, feature full-audio that wouldn't be at a volume level too disruptive to the surrounding area, and could be effective as both atmosphere *and* casual entertainment... without taking up building space. Maybe they could even have a couple of stationary, themed car booths (like in the old 50s diners, i.e. Jack Rabbit Slim's) for seating in front of the screen...
    Last edited by HotelNeptune; 02-22-2007 at 01:22 PM.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    To be honest, I think it'd be a waste of space. I can't imagine there would be too many people who'd want to pay money to get into DCA, and then spend an hour or so watching a movie they might have at home.

I never see anyone in the Main Street Cinema. A 40 seat theatre seems like overkill.

It's a good idea...but I think it would fit better in DTD. Then people wouldn't have to pay to get in a theme park to watch Disney movies. But if they had it in DTD and you would just pay a fee to see it, it might be pretty cool! It's something I would do if I had extra time to kill if I was in SoCal.

• Circle of Ancients

Actually ... taking the original idea and expanding on it.

Instead of just a theatre, how about a Sci-Fi diner type restaurant that shows the old movies. DCA certainly needs more sit-down restaurants.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post

Yeah, I agree that it probably wouldn't have much appeal for the tourist, who wants to get every dime's worth of their Disney Experience. I also agree it wouldn't be much of a draw, just a way of bringing Disney to DCA, and getting some of the great old Disney "Classics" a long-overdue venue ("Superdad", "Freaky Friday", "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes", That Darn Cat"....)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Instead of just a theatre, how about a Sci-Fi diner type restaurant that shows the old movies. DCA certainly needs more sit-down restaurants.
    There we go! Although the Sci-fi diner theme is in WDW, It'd be nice to have a California version.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I'm not too sure about this one. Not too sure all the seats would be constantly filled to capacity, and I hate to think about what sorts of things would be going on amongst and between the guests!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by HotelNeptune View Post
    Or, wait... what if they just had an outdoor screen that, at night, could be showing film clips in an area of the Hollywood Backlot that wouldn't create bottlenecks? Like an outdoor, walk-by drive-in? It seems like that might help boost the theming there, too... it could be up higher like a billboard, feature full-audio that wouldn't be at a volume level too disruptive to the surrounding area, and could be effective as both atmosphere *and* casual entertainment... without taking up building space. Maybe they could even have a couple of stationary, themed car booths (like in the old 50s diners, i.e. Jack Rabbit Slim's) for seating in front of the screen...
    Excellent idea, Neptune

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Actually, DCA has too many sit down restaurants per attraction right now. But yes, I would really like that idea once DCA had a ton more to do.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I'm not too sure about this one. Not too sure all the seats would be constantly filled to capacity, and I hate to think about what sorts of things would be going on amongst and between the guests!
    Yeah, I agree. It is unrealistic to believe the theatre would be packed, and also unrealistic to believe that all would stay for an entire movie. Such things weren't really my intention for this concept .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast