Nemo 1/6th the value of DCA?

Al's article mentioned that the staggering cost of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage could be upwards to $100 million when finished. I find it astonishing that this little corner in Disneyland is nearly 1/6th the cost of the total price for construction of the entire California Adventure Park, per $650 million. Thoughts and opinions?

• Banned User

Re: Nemo 1/6th the value of DCA?

Whatever it takes to make sure the Submarine Voyage is a true e-ticket attraction. The kind of ride that would have been built during the Walt Disney and Frank Wells eras.

We haven't had a true immersive e-ticket since the end of the Wells era (Indiana Jones) and I am really hoping that this doesnt suck. Disneyland (and all the parks for that matter) deserve at least 1 $100 million + dollar e-ticket every 5 years in order to keep visitors coming back and bringing in new crowds.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Didnt TOT cost some pretty pennies too even though a clone? and TSM is suppost to cost some more pretty pennies too and the placemaking if all comes true.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Whatever it takes to make sure the Submarine Voyage is a true e-ticket attraction. The kind of ride that would have been built during the Walt Disney and Frank Wells eras.

We haven't had a true immersive e-ticket since the end of the Wells era (Indiana Jones) and I am really hoping that this doesnt suck. Disneyland (and all the parks for that matter) deserve at least 1 $100 million + dollar e-ticket every 5 years in order to keep visitors coming back and bringing in new crowds.
    We were spoiled. We got Star Tours in '87, Splash Mountain in '89, and Indiana Jones in '95.

Quote Originally Posted by nemofinder22 View Post
    Didnt TOT cost some pretty pennies too even though a clone? and TSM is suppost to cost some more pretty pennies too and the placemaking if all comes true.
    I think it was around 70 million +. I don't know if Disney actually releases the actual money it spends on attractions.

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah, ToT was around $70 million and that was built from scratch. The "NEW" subs had alot of infrastructure already in place and cost over $100 million.

Needless to say, I'm stoked for another E-ticket in Disneyland.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

I would suspect the reason the subs are costing so much is to the fact its a very old attraction and ive come to realise if you want to bring back something from old it costs a hell of a lot more then just building something brand new.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    I would suspect the reason the subs are costing so much is to the fact its a very old attraction and ive come to realise if you want to bring back something from old it costs a hell of a lot more then just building something brand new.
    Where I live, to build a brand new house is much cheaper than to buy a new house.

• Shubisha

well DCA was underbudgeted anyways wasn't it? heh... eh maybe not underbudgeted... poor use of funds everything's way too expensive these days though

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Needless to say, I'm stoked for another E-ticket in Disneyland.
    Or more apropriately... I'm stoked for the return of an E-Ticket in Disneyland!

YAAAAY!!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    We were spoiled. We got Star Tours in '87, Splash Mountain in '89, and Indiana Jones in '95.
    We werent spoiled it used to be Disney's standard to introduce GRAND new adventures in the parks every few years. Before Star Tours we got New Fantasyland, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc. etc. Im not even mentioning the smaller stuff like Captain EO and the 1979 retooling of the Matterhorn. Disneyland stoped upgrading shortly after Indiana Jones Adventure when Frank Wells died and Paul Pressler became president of disneyland.