Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Sad Disneyland and a broken foot...

Ok, so I broke my foot and I am in a walking cast thingy for 4-6weeks! I am not planning on going to Disneyland for a few more days, but any suggestions for when I do go? Will I need a GAC or will my cast thingy be enough? I am still on crutches right now, but I am hoping to soon be off of them and maybe have just a cane, but the crutches may still be my friend! I wouldn't go in the next week, but some ppl have arranged for me to go as a bday present.
    I also would get a wheelchair, but don't want the ppl to push me (not that light) and an electric one is way to much! (I keep hoping that for my YOAMD Dream, they would give me a free rental) I know, keep dreaming!
    Ta!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Disneyland and a broken foot...

Do you have a Disney credit card? If you do wheelchairs are free. Also with your shorter waits due to your current condition, I'm sure your group wouldn't mind pushing you some of the way. Up to six people can come with you through the disabled entrance so see what they think.

Do they not want to push you or do you not want to burden them?

Just curious. Hope this helped.

Chad

• Banned User

Go to City Hall, explain your situation and any special need you may have. I have a permanent physical condition and I get the pass that allows me to enter via most of the exits, but, depending on the CM that you get...and your condition, they may just give you a wheelchair pass & they may give you the type that I am given. I think it honestly depends upon the CM that is handling your request.

• Basking in birthday love

I went to Disneyland on crutches a couple of years ago (I had a pretty severe laceration on the bottom of my foot, so I had to walk funny to keep the weight off it), and we were able to use the handicapped entrances, no problem. Anyone with a visible means of mobility assistance (wheelchairs, crutches, and canes included) is allowed handicapped access. If someone at an attraction gives you guff about it, ask for their lead.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Senior Minion

You could always go to City Hall and get a pass, but most likely you will not be given one. It is Disney policy to allow handicapped access to anybody with ANY means of visible assistance (scooters/ECV's, wheelchairs, canes, crutches and walkers ... not sure about cam walkers though).

I broke my leg and had surgery, so I couldn't get around and still use a cane. When I went to DLR the first time with my cane I waited for a pass at City Hall and was told I don't need one, that my cane is enough and if I had trouble to let them know I was told at City Hall of their policy.

You can go to City Hall or the ECV/wheelchair/stroller rental place and get their disabled guest guide which lets you know where you can enter all the attractions. Let me also add that with Space Mountain you have two options - you can wait in the handicapped line at the exit, or if you are able to walk go through the Fastpass queue.

A long time ago my buddy broke his big toe about 10 mins before we picked him up to head down to DL. The park allowed us through the back no questions asked. (We had rented a wheel chair)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    I went to Disneyland on crutches a couple of years ago (I had a pretty severe laceration on the bottom of my foot, so I had to walk funny to keep the weight off it), and we were able to use the handicapped entrances, no problem. Anyone with a visible means of mobility assistance (wheelchairs, crutches, and canes included) is allowed handicapped access. If someone at an attraction gives you guff about it, ask for their lead.
    But handicapped access depends upon the nature of the attraction's accessibility. For wheelchair accessible one (such as nearly all in DCA) a wheelchair or ECV doesn't get special access, you just use the regular queue unless you get a fp like everyone else.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by PinBrian View Post
    A long time ago my buddy broke his big toe about 10 mins before we picked him up to head down to DL. The park allowed us through the back no questions asked. (We had rented a wheel chair)
    With all due respect, you probably should have taken him to see a doctor first...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    But handicapped access depends upon the nature of the attraction's accessibility. For wheelchair accessible one (such as nearly all in DCA) a wheelchair or ECV doesn't get special access, you just use the regular queue unless you get a fp like everyone else.
    And some of the rides (POTC, IASW, and Space Mountain) have considerably longer queues quite often. BTMRR requires you to be able to walk out in case of an E-stop. Rides in DCA are accessible. Buzz is accessible. Matterhorn is partially accessible. You stay in the regular line til you reach the "chalet" then enter the handicapped entrance.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Not for a broken toe. The only thing they are going to do is tape it up and give you 800 mg ibu. I should know I have broken my toe to many time to count. The first time I went thats what they did. After that I just took care of it on my own.

• Minion

Wink Re: Disneyland and a broken foot...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    With all due respect, you probably should have taken him to see a doctor first...
    Disneyland vs a doctor.

Where are your priorities ?

Besides, have you ever tried to get a fastpass at a doctor's office or ER ?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    Not for a broken toe. The only thing they are going to do is tape it up and give you 800 mg ibu. I should know I have broken my toe to many time to count. The first time I went thats what they did. After that I just took care of it on my own.
    Aren't you an assiged risk by now.

Maybe you could get a bulkrate.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Disneyland vs a doctor.

Where are your priorities ?

Besides, have you ever tried to get a fastpass at a doctor's office or ER ?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    Don't assume thats all or that the break is that simple. My daughter thought that also. But 2 years ago she had a "broken toe" that just seemed "off". I made her go to the doctor, and it was a spiral fracture into the foot. If I had let her take care of it like you said, there would have been permenant damage. They casted her for 2 weeks for "just a stupid toe" (her words) then in a boot, but not allowed any weight for 4 weeks, then another 4 weeks in a boot walking.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Don't assume thats all or that the break is that simple. My daughter thought that also. But 2 years ago she had a "broken toe" that just seemed "off". I made her go to the doctor, and it was a spiral fracture into the foot. If I had let her take care of it like you said, there would have been permenant damage. They casted her for 2 weeks for "just a stupid toe" (her words) then in a boot, but not allowed any weight for 4 weeks, then another 4 weeks in a boot walking.
    I wonder how people walk on those boots. I never could with mine, then again I did have rods and screws inserted which felt odd when I did try to walk with that boot on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast