Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Re: Barbossa on the Wicked Wench

Quote Originally Posted by ProfGriffin View Post
    Wait a minute...

The first ghostly strains of Yo Ho are not head after the first drop anymore?
    What the...?

Has anything taken it's place or is it just gone? I wonder what that's all about?
    The dead man's grotto soundtrack changed with the refurb- you no longer "Yo-Ho" down the second drop. It is nice, moody music, tho--it fits the somber scene, IMO.

• Scrumtralescent

Give Blackbeard his boat back, touch up Geoffrey Rush, and give him and nice strech corvette limo to cruise the spanish main in!!

• Comin' at ya!

I really don't understand it myself. I mean, the Jack Sparrow AA looks pretty dang convincing...But the Barbossa is just not good at all. I firmly believe they started him with a WHITE beard and I came here and mentioned it but no one knew what I was talking about. i went back months later and it was brownish...Hmmmm a conspiracy against me!
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Minion

This bugs me every time I ride it. It doesn't look like Barbossa at all.

Also, I don't understand why the last Jack Sparrow AA is so bad. The first two are wonderful but the third doesn't look like him.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    The dead man's grotto soundtrack changed with the refurb- you no longer "Yo-Ho" down the second drop. It is nice, moody music, tho--it fits the somber scene, IMO.
    It took me a while to accept the new grotto music. I kept wondering, "Did Disney get Enya to record a new version of "Yo Ho"????"
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• It's all nonsense

I miss the narrations from the dark cave part before the battle scene. 'Pherhaps ye knows too much. Ye's seen the curse'ed treasure...'
    Of course now at the end when you go up the waterfall, you hear the Davey Jones speil which includes portions of the lost narrations. But it's not the same.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by brassplayer View Post
    It took me a while to accept the new grotto music. I kept wondering, "Did Disney get Enya to record a new version of "Yo Ho"????"

•   

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    I miss the narrations from the dark cave part before the battle scene. 'Pherhaps ye knows too much. Ye's seen the curse'ed treasure...'
    Of course now at the end when you go up the waterfall, you hear the Davey Jones speil which includes portions of the lost narrations. But it's not the same.
    That was the one movie addition that really bothers me as well. It doesn't fit the modified storyline, and it replaces a great soundtrack element.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

the jack sparrow AA looks fanstatic...but the captian barbosa AA? it looks just like a normal AA quite sad
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• e komo mai

Yeah, I don't know what it is about the Barbossa AA, but it resembles a pirate that's had a stroke.

The Jack AA's are pretty good. The one at the end is a little too close to the boats in that you can see its flaws, but the others are Depp-like.

• Disney Night Owl

I guess I kind of ignored the whole look of the Barbossa animatronic but I must say he was a most impressive and lively animatronic compared to the others. Now in thinking back, he was not a spitting image of Barbossa from the movies...especially not like how Jack Sparrow looks in there! To me this is an easy fix though and I didn't think too much of it because he still makes a great animatronic in the attraction. If I were to say anything bad about the Pirates updates...I am not at all a fan of the Davy Jones fog curtain projection. I just like the tunnels dark with a lot of fog, but it works so I'm not all that unsatisfied with it.

I'm thrilled that so much care has been given to the ride. I am.

But like so many have said...it's a simple fix. Darken his hair and beard!!!
    That would please so many...and look really good in the short time we see the Wicked Wench and its Captain.

I'd love to be able to bend the ear of an Imagineer for 5 minutes and ask the question. Surely they can see that the hair and beard color are wrong! Surely!!!! So why?

Ok...I'm letting it go.

• FastPass n00b

The Captain had an unfortunate accident in his pants and his face in the ride simply shows the uncomfortable results of this incident.

It's in the new storyline I think.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    The Geoffrey Rush (or "Cassanova Frankenstien" if you prefer) figure is the "enhancement" I've found the hardest to accept. It doesn't really look like him even with the regular attraction lighting. And, worst of all, they took out one of the most iconic animatronics to do it. The original "Blackbeard" figure is the real captain of the Wicked Wench in my book. I hope he forms a mutiny to re-take the ship

The Captian on the Wicked Winch is a new AA? Seems like the same old one that's always been there...but I'm usually trying to get better low light (no flash) photos of the Hidden Mickey on the fort during that sequence
    Last edited by Uzmati; 02-23-2007 at 03:30 PM.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• That one girl.

I think some of you are just a little too picky. I've seen the movies, and I think the Barbossa in the ride is easily recognizable as Capt Barbossa from the movie. The Average Joe Disneyland Guest is not going to notice the color of the Captain's hair.
    Well, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, I think you're crazy, just like me.

For new music click below!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast