Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

My Nemo Sub Queue Prediction

Hello all...

This is a thought that's been brewing in my head the last few days, so I thought I would toss it out there and see what you all think.

A lot of people say the line for the Subs are going to be of epic proportions when it opens and that it will take hours to get through it. I am thinking these predictions may be a little exaggerated. Sure, the lines will be long, but not as bad as some people predict. After all, people were predicting the sky to fall due to the Y2K problem. And before the '84 Olympics people were saying that the average speed on the freeways all day was going to be 20 mph.

As it turns out everything transitioned smoothly from 1999 to 2000. The traffic during the Olympics was actually lighter -- not heavier -- than normal.

So I was just thinking perhaps all this talk about monstrous queues for the subs will have a reverse effect, and that maybe the lines actually won't be long as some people predict.

What do you think?

•   

Re: My Nemo Sub Queue Prediction

I'd love it if that were true but I honestly think it's going to be pretty bad.
    I'm planning for a wait of a few hours.............

• More Than Meets The Mouse

Did you see the lines for PotC when it reopened after the refurb? That was only closed for a few months. The subs have been closed for 10 years or so. The lines are going to be crazy, and wouldn't be surprised if they make the PotC lines look like a walk in the park.
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• Banned User

I think Al exaggerated too, but for a reason. He used a scare tactic to scare everyone from going to the ride. So when it does open, there will be few people(hopefully). I think this is called Game Theory or something and it's when people predict what other people will do. This happens a lot at DL, like the Super Bowl. EVERYONE thinks DL will be empty, but thats the thing, EVERYONE thinks its empty so EVERYONE goes, and where is EVERYONE? At Disneyland. So the trick is to figure out when EVERYONE will go. The queue lines will do the rest, and besides I think the CMs might stop letting people line up when it gets past the Monorail Station, for I think the Queue wraps around it.

Red Face Re: My Nemo Sub Queue Prediction

I hope you're right, but even the 1959 version was having up to an hour wait almost until it closed.

• More Than Meets The Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    I hope you're right, but even the 1959 version was having up to an hour wait almost until it closed.
    Weren't they using fewer subs by that point? I can't remember...
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• For You!

Awww, but it will be so worth it!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

umm...yeah. The lines will be long. Do you know how long it takes to load a submarine? And its not like POTC where it was closed than reopened a few months later...this has been closed for years! So i, personally, expect lines to reach back down Main Street

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    I think Al exaggerated too, but for a reason. He used a scare tactic to scare everyone from going to the ride. So when it does open, there will be few people(hopefully). I think this is called Game Theory or something and it's when people predict what other people will do. This happens a lot at DL, like the Super Bowl. EVERYONE thinks DL will be empty, but thats the thing, EVERYONE thinks its empty so EVERYONE goes, and where is EVERYONE? At Disneyland. So the trick is to figure out when EVERYONE will go. The queue lines will do the rest, and besides I think the CMs might stop letting people line up when it gets past the Monorail Station, for I think the Queue wraps around it.
    I think this is the most likely situation. This is why I made the reference to the Olympics. I think a lot of people are going to think the line will be packed and go a little later on within the year, thereby diffusing things over a longer period of time.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Actually it shouldn't hit Main Street, but it will use part of the parade route, near iasw on busy days. It will be a traffic mess, in fact, I heard of one plan that will use the Parade staging area just past the iasw gate as an extended queue (the area that can be easily seen by guests riding the railroad, so still themed, just not normally allowed to have guests located in the area.

With the Summer Marketing campaign for the parks based on Finding Nemo, I think Al might be be even UNDER-estimating the size of the line....

I hope that Disney has looked into the Six Flags system used at Magic Mountain to prevent line jumping, where every person entering the queue gets a numbered slip, as this will prevent folks in line from allowing friends to enter close to the entrance. While one person or two could run to use the restroom and/or grab a snack, since they entered the line at the same time. But also design the line to make it hard for folks to leave, if you want to ride, you should wait like anyone else. And for those folks who need Special Assistance should be given a return time and their pass marked, to prevent someone from abusing the GAC system.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Yeah the lines will be long....but there is a point where 99% of the people will not get into line due to its length. I think when it hits the "4 hours from this point" mark people will stop queuing in large numbers.

My question: If the line is 3 - 4 hours long will they stop letting people queue up 3 hours before park closing or will those who line up as late as 1 minute before closing still get to ride....at around 3AM?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Is anyone thinking of spending the night on June 10? Sort of like what happened on July 17 2005? I don't think it could ever be as crazy as that night but I bet there will be a lot of people spending the night outside the park,

Hmmm,
    Didn't I read on these very boards that each load up of the subs will take 80 people? (40 per sub)?

Surely that in itself will move the line at a pretty good pace.

Yeah, there will be a LONG line...but I'm a patient guy.
    (and I stood in Monsters Inc. at DCA for almost 2 hours last March and then never got to ride it because it broke down when we were mere FEET from the front.)

My plan? On the day my early admitance ticket is used...we RACE to the subs or at least to the rope to tomorrowland (They are in Tomorrowland right?) Then race to the ride.
    Stand in line with the hundreds of others....ride it once...and be done with it.

LOL.

Man, that all sounds so fun!

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    Yep. You're right about that!

That's what always bugged me about some people that claimed the old subs had become a low attended attraction. Even on slow days in the Park...the subs often had the longest wait times. Granted, it didn't have one of the highest capacities in the Park. But regardless...it seemed to always have long lines.

I think in the "end days" of the old subs, most first-time Guests were mainly just curious about it. Sort of, "I wonder what this will be about?" While many repeat visitors would mainly ride because it was nostalgic.

Now, with an extremely well-known and popular movie tied and added on to it, and the much greater draw this will cause with adults but especially the kiddie crowd...I think Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage has all the earmarks of being a major nightmare when it comes to attraction wait times.

Not much shade in the area either, if you're waiting outside the main under-monorail switchbacks.

Of course in the long run, the real question will be how quickly the novelty wears off. Will desire to re-ride eventually tapper off greatly, or will it become like the Peter Pan attraction...where it's almost always a must-do for every family with kids?

While most attractions seem to have shorter wait times in the late evenings as overall in-park attendance drops...I'm going to venture a guess that will be even more important with Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. That the lines will drop off much quicker as the little tykes retire for the evening. While many people thought the first part of the old sub attraction (before the waterfall and entering the show building) looked better, clearer, and more colorful in the daylight hours...many people may find themselves opting for shorter wait late night rides in the first few years.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Does anyone know if they will be having Early Entry that morning? I seem to remember on PIrates Opening Day they didn't have EE(or maybe that was for Space?) Personally, they should let the hotel guests enter on Monorail earlier that morning, let them ride it, then open the park for us regular folk. This would definetly get a lot of people away from the ride.

Another idea would be a handstamp or something given to guests as they enter the park, then when they ride the subs the band is taken off and they can't ride again. They do this for pin releases all the time. They give you a wristband then when you purchase the pin they take off the wristband and you can't get anymore pins. It is usually pretty effective and I don't see why it wouldn't work here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast