Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• xmanmom

Yamabuki, Steakhouse 55 or The Vineyard Room?

We are planning our next trip in April and I want to make PS for one restaurant that we have never been to before. The problem is, that in order to make the decision my fiance wanted me to print out the menus so that he could look them over and AllEarsNet did not have menus listed for Yamabuki or Steakhouse 55. I was trying to convince him to go to The Vineyard Room since the three-course menu sounded really good but he didn't really care for the prices (we are saving for our upcoming wedding).

So my question to all of you out there: Have you eaten at Yamabuki or Steakhouse 55 (especially after the latest remodels)? What were the menu items, how was the food and what were the prices like? Also, if you have eaten at The Vineyard Room, what did you think? If you have eaten at both The Vineyard Room and either Yamabuki or Steakhouse 55 which was better in your opinion?

Thanks so much!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Yamabuki, Steakhouse 55 or The Vineyard Room?

try this web site

http://www.dlresortinfo.com/
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    Thanks for the link!

Although the Yamabuki menu was from before the redo. Anyone know if they have the same menu?

I would still be interested in hearing about everyone's experiences!

• time to go

Yamabuki is nice, but I feel the Anaheim Hilton sushi bar is better. I haven't been to the revamped Steakhouse 55, but I liked it when it was Granville's. I enjoyed the Vineyard Room many years ago; I don't know how much it has changed, if at all.

I don't know what to tell you, but unless you really want Japanese cuisine, I'd go with either Steakhouse or Vineyard. I'd probably take Vineyard, simply because it's in DCA and not at the hotels. The view is much nicer.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

My wife and I personally love Yamabuki's and make a pilgrimage there everytime that we head to DL. The California Rolls and Crunchy Rolls are to DIE for!!! The Crunchy rolls are like shrimp tempra rolls.

I've never had anything but wonderful service and great food.

I hope this helps!

• A New Kind Of Villain

Phillip and I are actually going to Yamabuki's tonight for our 6-month anniversarry.

I've never been there, but I've heard great things, plus I'm a sucker for good japanese food.

I just hope they have enough vegetarian options to keep me happy.

^_^
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Eeyore smiling

I have eaten at the Vineyard several times, and whereas our first experience was very good (expensive but very good) our more recent experiences have been HORRIBLE (expensive and horrible). I would vote for either the Steakhouse55 (I have not eaten there since the change from Granville, but Granville was always very nice. I personally like Hooks Pointe for steaks, as they mequite qrill, which Steakhouse 55 does not) And I have not eaten at Yamabuki's so I can not contribute there.

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Phillip and I are actually going to Yamabuki's tonight for our 6-month anniversarry.

I've never been there, but I've heard great things, plus I'm a sucker for good japanese food.

I just hope they have enough vegetarian options to keep me happy.

^_^
    Their cucumber rolls are YUMMY!!!

Miso Soup is always a great starter!!!

Have a great time!

• A Ghost at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Disney Fa View Post
    Their cucumber rolls are YUMMY!!!

Miso Soup is always a great starter!!!

Have a great time!
    Whatever you eat at Yambuiki's, do NOT eat the natto or fermented soy bean. It is an UBER laxative and for the next 7 hours you will be running from one restroom to another while you fervently pray you will make it to the next toilet without soiling yourself. Your entire intestines will be purged in a cramping, uncomfortable and unnatural anal blast of cleansing.

I'd also agree with a previous poster about how horrible the Vineyard Room has become. Add to that the insult of having an 18% tip automatically added to the check. I usually tip more than that when service is good, but our waiter was like "hey dude... screw you I'm getting my tip no matter how long I flirt in the back room with the female staff. Oh and enjoy your cold and greasy fresh from the can dinner." I was so pissed I wanted to beat the crap out the little rodent. But I kept chanting to myself..." what would Ghandi do.... what would Ghandi do...." and maintained my self control.

The only real change from Granville's to Steakhouse 55 was the name and the fact that they now serve breakfast. Other than that, the service is still superb, the food is still delicious, and they also serve a great breakfast, too.

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDarian View Post
    Whatever you eat at Yambuiki's, do NOT eat the natto or fermented soy bean. It is an UBER laxative and for the next 7 hours you will be running from one restroom to another while you fervently pray you will make it to the next toilet without soiling yourself. Your entire intestines will be purged in a cramping, uncomfortable and unnatural anal blast of cleansing.

I'd also agree with a previous poster about how horrible the Vineyard Room has become. Add to that the insult of having an 18% tip automatically added to the check. I usually tip more than that when service is good, but our waiter was like "hey dude... screw you I'm getting my tip no matter how long I flirt in the back room with the female staff. Oh and enjoy your cold and greasy fresh from the can dinner." I was so pissed I wanted to beat the crap out the little rodent. But I kept chanting to myself..." what would Ghandi do.... what would Ghandi do...." and maintained my self control.
    Ha ha, no worries, I wouldn't touch natto with a ten foot pole. I saw a whole episode of Iron Chef that was dedicated to that nasty stuff and that is as close as I ever want to get to it.

Your whole post cracked me up, by the way!

So with everyone's input here I think I just scratched The Vineyard Room off the list. Still not sure between Yamabuki and Steakhouse 55. I am almost tempted to just go back to Hook's Pointe since we really enjoyed our last meal there, but I really wanted to try something new.

• Minion

Why not eat @ Napa Rose or even Catal. NR is my fav restaurant & I will go there just for the seven sparkling sins & the chocolate pate.
    Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    Why not eat @ Napa Rose or even Catal. NR is my fav restaurant & I will go there just for the seven sparkling sins & the chocolate pate.
    Thanks, but like I said we are trying not to spend too much money and Napa Rose is by far the priciest restaurant at the resort. To the best of my knowledge Catal is in the same price range. Plus I want to go someplace I have not yet gone before.

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

Steakhouse 55 (Granville's) is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere. We've never had a bad experience there. I give it 2 thumbs up!

I was not impressed with Yamabuki at all. I don't think I'd probably go there again.
    <o>

• done

Quote Originally Posted by SavannaQueen View Post
    The only real change from Granville's to Steakhouse 55 was the name and the fact that they now serve breakfast.
    There were already serving breakfast when it was still called Granville's.

Quote Originally Posted by lisaboo View Post
    Thanks, but like I said we are trying not to spend too much money and Napa Rose is by far the priciest restaurant at the resort. To the best of my knowledge Catal is in the same price range. Plus I want to go someplace I have not yet gone before.
    Actually, Catal is not nearly in the same price range as Napa Rose. And if you're considering Steakhouse 55, then I don't even think Napa Rose is out of your range because our dinner at Granville's was fairly expensive.

FYI, here's the current menu at Catal, and here was the Autumn 2006 menu for Napa Rose. I would expect they've changed to the Winter 2007 menu by now, but you can at least get an idea of prices. And at Napa Rose, the prices can add up if you order a lot of courses and wine, but you can also get out of there rather conservatively if you need to.

But in any case, I think Catal is well within your range if you decide to go there. I highly recommend it.

Just a thought.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast