Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking October Attendance in Disneyland?

I'm a Disneyland freak and have been since I can remember..I've been more times than I can even count..I'm hoping to restart this tradition with our little one. My husband 2 weeks vacation starting the beginning of October until the 20th. Our little Isabelle will be about 15 months old, and I really want to go on our first family vacation then. We're bringing reinforcements-lots of grandparents and it's going to be really fun..I've always been during summer vacay or at XMas (Which is my FAVORITE!) and I've been once in OCtober 2 years ago..It was pretty dead, but it was rainy. Anyone know if it's usually pretty calm or is it fairly packed? Thanks in advance for your feedback!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: October Attendance in Disneyland?

The first two to three weeks in Oct is our non-holiday favorite time of the year to go!

Pleasant weather, lack of crowds, It's all good!

Enjoy!

• Up is Down

Well Halloween time is going to happen again and if last year was any tell all about the crowds it is going to be busy!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Minion

The crowds were decent this past Oct, but of course during the week it is slow. They are supposedly going to do more this yr for the fall, so that may draw more crowds as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Well Halloween time is going to happen again and if last year was any tell all about the crowds it is going to be busy!

I'm hoping to avoid that by going the first week or so..And I know that they do lots of erfurbs and all, and that's fine with us, because we won't be competing with tons of crowds..

• DLR...

When we went the last week of October, the crowds weren't too bad, not very long waits on the rides. Hope you have a great time when you go!

• Up is Down

Quote Originally Posted by disney_dani View Post
    I'm hoping to avoid that by going the first week or so..And I know that they do lots of erfurbs and all, and that's fine with us, because we won't be competing with tons of crowds..

they are doing most of the refurbs right now.... there wont be anything really down in october it seems.... last year the crowds on the week days were a little heavier then normal but the weekends were a mess everyweek and I was there every sunday..... It started the end of sept for 5 weeks so it will be nice on wek days for the most part but the weekends will be busy!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

I agree with what you said Sam. When was there the first Monday on October it was busier than a normal weekday. They even extended the parks hours. Still, it wasn't horribly bad and it wont be as hot as during the summer. The Halloween decorations and the small events (especially on Main Street) make it fun. Weekend attendance may get even busier this October if they do the rumored Halloween fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    they are doing most of the refurbs right now.... there wont be anything really down in october it seems....
    Umm, not really true at all. If there is an off season, then chances are there will be some sort of attraction closed, that's pretty much a guarentee.

I'm pretty sure the Matterhorn will be closed for its annual renovation again. Chances are that its a small world will close in late October for the holiday overlay as well.

• Disney Family, San Diego

I don't know where you're based, but perhaps this will help. MANY many school districts in Southern California have 1-2 weeks vacation from school in mid-October.

Including our school district here in San Diego County. Almost everyone we know at school goes to Disneyland for one or more days during the first 3 weeks of October.

We always go on at least a Wednesday, since that's the least busy weekday. However, with the Halloweentime promotion, it was incredibly busy Thursday and Friday.

Also be prepared for the Santa Ana conditions that can make Disneyland insufferably hot that time of year.

Hope that helps!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by disney_dani View Post
    I'm a Disneyland freak and have been since I can remember..I've been more times than I can even count..I'm hoping to restart this tradition with our little one. My husband 2 weeks vacation starting the beginning of October until the 20th. Our little Isabelle will be about 15 months old, and I really want to go on our first family vacation then. We're bringing reinforcements-lots of grandparents and it's going to be really fun..I've always been during summer vacay or at XMas (Which is my FAVORITE!) and I've been once in OCtober 2 years ago..It was pretty dead, but it was rainy. Anyone know if it's usually pretty calm or is it fairly packed? Thanks in advance for your feedback!
    Haunted Mansion may be down for its yearly Holiday overlay, depending on when you decide to go...

• Blow me to Bermuda!

We went during AZ's fall break in October (2nd week) and it really wasn't too bad on Thurs. but the weekend was pretty busy. A lot of folks from here head that way during fall break.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

• Hiding in the shadows

We try to go for our big family trip the first week HM Holiday is open, so its really the first week of October, last year it was actually 9/30 and 10/1 (which apparantly was the Gumball Rally as well, wish I would have known about this place back then). Anyway, we chose this time because the crodws are managable. Like others have said, some SoCal schools have time off, but I think earlier in the month is better than later with Halloween and all. Its still a slower time of year. Lines are not that bad, and HM will have fastpass.

I would expect at least something to be closed (Matterhorn was this past Oct), but there is always enough to do and the fireworks run on the weekends at minimum. Its a great time to go because the weather is uaually perfect except for maybe some heavy wind, but still in Oct is shouldn't be that bad.

Your 15 month old will love it, I would do POTC as one of your rides, I found with DD it was better to get it out of the way when she was very young, she loves it now (the other dark rides actuall scare her more!) Good call on taking reinforcements, we dont get to do that a lot, but I get to go to the park without my kids from time to time so it all evens out!

• I'm in it for the fun! :)

Usually the first weekend in October is pretty busy (I think it is the 6&7th this year) It is Columbus day weekend ... The CHOC walk is usually that weekend, as is Gay Days. So crowds can be pretty big in both parks during that weekend.

• Just this guy......

October use to be a fairly uncrowned time, but it keeps getting busier and busier. The closer you get to Halloween the worst it gets. I know a few people who plan their weekends to go to Disneyland one day and Knott's haunt the next.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast