• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Sad Disneyland Group Woes!

Okay so this isn't quite a DL question specifically but I am still in need.
    So I'm going this coming Sunday with, as it started out, a few close friends. I'll be hitting the Meet with one or two of the people I'm going with, but therin lies the problem...
    Follow the math here.
    I invited four people to go with me, making a group of five including myself, and so I invited another friend to even out the group. She asked if she could bring someone else, and at first I was iffy about it, but then I relented and said she could invite two other people, both of which I'm friends with. One of the people she invited promptly sent me an instant message asking if she could go and bring someone else.
    Did you get all that?
    My dillema: I went from trying to even out a group to having a group of 8 people going with me....and I don't want to show up to the meet with seven extra people in tow, becuase that would be rude to you MCers!! Is there, like, ettiquite for this? I don't want to un-invite people, but I really hate huge groups at the park because of seating issues at restaurants and on rides. I didn't say no to any of them in the first place because that would have caused problems with some of them and made things crazy, and I'm SO done with the teenage drama. Anyway, any and all ideas are welcomed with this!!
    The only thing I know right now is that I need to keep my big mouth shut and the groups more exclusive.
    dreams. come. true.

Re: Disneyland Group Woes!

Just be happy you live in California and can go to Disneyland whenever you like. I am a CA native now living in Rhode Island. You would have had an even group if I still lived there, because I would have gone with you all. Now if you will excuse me, I need to go shovel some snow lol.

• I am a Pluto lover

If I were going to the meet, I wouldnt mind if you brought more people.
    Not having ever been to a meet though, Im not sure what you all do. I personaly like meeting people so no big thing here.

Thats my opinion....

and have fun!
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Thank you. That doesn't solve my problem (lol) but thank you anyway.
    dreams. come. true.

• Queen of Sarcasm

I don't think it is going to be a big deal. At all the meets I have gone to, the more the merrier, it didn't matter if they were active on the board or not. In fact that is how some new members start. Don't torture yourself over the petty things.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    I don't think it is going to be a big deal. At all the meets I have gone to, the more the merrier, it didn't matter if they were active on the board or not. In fact that is how some new members start. Don't torture yourself over the petty things.
    I suppose. I'll just have to hope for the best then, eh?
    dreams. come. true.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    My dillema: I went from trying to even out a group to having a group of 8 people going with me....and I don't want to show up to the meet with seven extra people in tow, becuase that would be rude to you MCers!!
    While some people call 8 people rude, I would call that a portable party.

We love big meets. Bringing 8 should never be a problem.
    -Monorail Man

• Shablagoo!

I have to admit after going ot my first meet in Nov. and seeing all the pictures from the anniversary meet I can't imagine the people there having a problem with it. I say hope for the best. If your guests are DL fans then they'll probably like the micechatters. I can't think of another time that I felt more welcome with a large group of people I just met.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

We encourage you to bring "strangers" to the meets, that's how we get new members!

You may find that within your own group, people may want to do different things and split up and regroup. Encourage that. That way everyone gets to do what they want, you can mix it up as far as who you hang out with, and don't worry about seating on rides and restaurants. Let then work it out themselves, you do what you want to do, and the rest will follow.
    A signature should go here.

• For You!

I brought 13 people to the meet in November! Of course, they all sat on the other side of the hub and waited for me!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Thanks, everyone. I guess what I'm worried about is my non-DL fandom friends (i.e. the ones who wouldn't quite want to join micechat) not meshing with the great people here. But oh well, whatever happens happens, and as me and WeWants have frequently said, if they get annoying we're not above ditching them. Thanks again! ^^
    dreams. come. true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I obviously can't make the meets, but I bet a majority of the people would say "The More The Merrier" .