Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Exclamation Ever get hurt on a ride?

Nothing lawsuit worthy, just a small bump or cut? Also, keep it to the rides, I don't wanna hear about the 20847043 times we've all been knicked by strollers.

To this day I cannot figure it out but a few months ago I got off of Tower of Terror and my finger had bled all over my hand (from one very tiny cut!), so much so that I received many weird/scared stares from tourists on the way to the front of the park (which directed me to the hidden nurses station in the back). Other than that I've never gotten hurt.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: Ever get hurt on a ride?

I remember when I was young I was getting off Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and tripped over either my own feet or a loose plank and skinned up my knee pretty bad. I think I twisted my ankle a bit too. Needless to say I didn't want to ride that ride again for a while! LOL

...Joe...

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Yes - I was on the Mad Tea Party and I got my tea cup spinning so fast that I got flung up onto the side of the Matterhorn.

• 88 mph

I got shocked on Mr. Toad.

Dry day, and my legs rubbed against some electric tape on the metal lap bar near the floor and I got zapped.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Minion

Well, not quite to the ride, but it was summer 2005 and one of the "soft openings" for space. 2 idiot kids running knocked me into a pole. Tore my shorts and hit my knee hard. A CM called a nurse, took me to 1st aid, and got an NSA for a sweatshirt (the nurse felt bad that they couldn't replace my shorts)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Nothing lawsuit worthy, just a small bump or cut? Also, keep it to the rides, I don't wanna hear about the 20847043 times we've all been knicked by strollers.

To this day I cannot figure it out but a few months ago I got off of Tower of Terror and my finger had bled all over my hand (from one very tiny cut!), so much so that I received many weird/scared stares from tourists on the way to the front of the park (which directed me to the hidden nurses station in the back). Other than that I've never gotten hurt.
    Slipped jumping between cars at Tuck and Roll and landed on my butt.

Well padded, no harm done.

• 88 mph

I also hit myself in the face with some souvenirs for "wanting" to go on Pooh for the first time.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Koubu Pilot

Word of advice: Sit foward (as opposed to having your back against the back of the seat) when riding Snow White or Pinnochio if you happen to be riding in the front row of the cars. The lapbars release and can smack you!!

•   
    • I <3 o

Riding in the front car of Big Thunder bangs up my knees really bad, like I have bruises for the rest of my trip
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    Riding in the front car of Big Thunder bangs up my knees really bad, like I have bruises for the rest of my trip
    LIKE you have bruises or you really do have bruises?

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    I know what you mean! I almost always end up in that first car's front row. It gets to the point where I ask the CM for the new experience of being far away from the front car.

I know this sounds ridiculous but on Autopia I was loading my dog into the car and then myself and banged my shin REALLY good the edge. It was even a little painful to jog on that leg for a while. And of course the ever present rear ending or my little brother likes to 'stop' in front of me and get the exhaust blown in my face to set off an asthma attack.

I also cut my hand on a ride but I can't remeber which one but I know it was 100% my fault for sticking my hand out so far.

I've probably been bruised by every ride and attraction in the Disneyland resort (including the Bugs Life show) but that's because I'm just a very uncoordinated 20 year old.
    The more people I meet the more I like animals. -Unknown

•   
    • I <3 o

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    LIKE you have bruises or you really do have bruises?
    I really do get bruises, I changed my sentence in mid thought and didn't go back and delete the "Like"
    actually
    stretching?

also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

•   
    • I <3 o

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    I know what you mean! I almost always end up in that first car's front row. It gets to the point where I ask the CM for the new experience of being far away from the front car.
    I usually ask for the back anyways because its faster, but I happened to be lazy and ended up in the front.
    never again
    actually
    stretching?

also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

• Disney Night Owl

I used to regularly get whiplash at the end of Space Mountain but I know to push on the bar in front of me so that doesn't happen.

I also bang around a lot while riding the Matterhorn bobsleds. I never really hurt myself but I usually find it to be an uncomfortable ride so I don't go on it much.

So I've never really had any injuries... *knock on wood*

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast