• Minion

Wondering about the "Ultimate Coaster" simulator in Innoventions

Anyone here ever ridden the "Ultimate Coaster" designer/simulator in Innoventions? This is the one thing that slightly makes me want to venture back into that building and I haven't heard much about it anywhere (except that it's there - at least I think it's still there). Just wondering what your impressions were.

I have the home version of "Ultimate Coaster", the version with props like Main Street buildings, and the Tower of Terror. I used it to make a "ride" about the history of Disneyland, with original sound clips I did on Windows Sound Recorder.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: Wondering about the "Ultimate Coaster" simulator in Innoventions

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    This is the one thing that slightly makes me want to venture back into that building and I haven't heard much about it anywhere (except that it's there - at least I think it's still there).
    It wasn't a simulator per-say, just a computer mounted in a coaster car. However, the URDC car hasn't been inside of Innoventions for years. In fact, Disney Interactive Studios* doesn't even any sort of featured/upcoming games in Innoventions anymore.

Rumor has it that when Microsoft takes over innoventions, there will be some sort of partnership between DIS and the Games for Windows campaign.

*Formally Buena Vista Games, formally Buena Vista Interactive, formally Disney Interactive, formally Buena Vista Interactive!
    -Monorail Man

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    It wasn't a simulator per-say, just a computer mounted in a coaster car. However, the URDC car hasn't been inside of Innoventions for years. In fact, Disney Interactive Studios* doesn't even any sort of featured/upcoming games in Innoventions anymore.

Rumor has it that when Microsoft takes over innoventions, there will be some sort of partnership between DIS and the Games for Windows campaign.

*Formally Buena Vista Games, formally Buena Vista Interactive, formally Disney Interactive, formally Buena Vista Interactive!
    It would be super if Microsoft should take a notion to put together an interactive ride on the order of those at DisneyQuest.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    It wasn't a simulator per-say, just a computer mounted in a coaster car. However, the URDC car hasn't been inside of Innoventions for years.
    Thanks! You saved me a trip in there.

Even when it was there, that would have been disappointing, to get in there and then find that it was just what I already had at home, with a little window dressing.

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me about how misinformed people are and how willing people are to share their misinformation. As an Innoventions CM, I can tell you that we still have not one, but two Ultimate Ride cars and three installations of the program. In addition, the space is continually updated and even featured the leatest Kingdom Hearts game when it was released. I won't say that status quo will be maintained, but Disney Interactive is a part of Innoventions for the foreseeable future.

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by sorcerermickey03 View Post
    Wow, it never ceases to amaze me about how misinformed people are and how willing people are to share their misinformation.
    Um, welcome to MiceChat.

• Up is Down

Well when it comes to innoventions no one here really ever goes there, so we cannot really tell you anything about the place. I did not even know they had a rollercoaster thing in there....
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.