Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Line Jumpers

Sad Line Jumpers

Why does Disney allow guests to cut in line and do nothing about it? Do they just not want to cause a big scene? The last time we were at DL my daughters and I were in line for the Tea Cups when out of nowhere 2 teenage girls and their Dad literally jumped over the fence and grabbed an empty Tea Cup forcing other guests to go back in line. The CM saw everything and ignored it. We were also in line for The Jungle Cruise (next day) when the exact same thing happened only this time it was 3 teenage boys. They were allowed on a boat and the skipper without missing a beat said "and at this time I would like to say thank you to the not-so-kind gentlemen who opted not to wait in line". Believe it or not it happened a third time! We were in line for Star Tours when an entire family of about 5 got in line behind us. All the sudden they pushed their way up the line about 15 people. As far as we could tell they were not joining friends/family. Everyone they cut in front of was pretty upset. My Dad (6'4" and 300lbs) decided enough was enough. He proceeded to walk up the line and get right in front of them (he never said a word to them). Everyone else they cut in front joined him and they were forced back behind us where they should have been! What is Disney's policy regarding line jumpers?

• Closed Account

Re: Line Jumpers

Their policy is not to say anything because they don't want someone getting offended and suing.

• Minion

I thought it was not allowed and that you can get kicked out of the park for it. Maybe they have to do it more than once to get kicked out. And I believe security has to witness it as well, but not fully sure.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I don't know what you can do on some rides. The Matterhorn is one of them. The line goes around the perimeter of the mountain so you would think that you are getting in line just be hopping over the chain, when in actuality the line starts several feet away -- away from the view of the person hopping over the chain. So in reality you are cutting in front of all the people who enetered the line at the proper point because you are already in front of those who are going to the very end of the line and getting in there instead.

Hope that makes sense!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I was under that impression that line jumping was cause for removal from the park...

The policy is to remove these people from the premises, but I have a feeling the hosts and hostesses just don't care anymore.

• Premium Youngling and

I know that is the policy at Knotts

• Child Star Has Been

I wouldn't let stupid people ruin my vacation.
    ~Heather~

You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

I am everyone's friend.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Ive actually seen cast members tell people to go to the end of the line. The only exceptions being familes with small kids who had to leave the line to go to the bathroom and come back and re-join their parties.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    I know that is the policy at Knotts
    as it is at Magic Mountain
    pshhh i guess

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tink1969 View Post
    What is Disney's policy regarding line jumpers?
    There likely needs to be a complaint filed. You probably want to create your own policy. (I like your Dad's policy, BTW.)
    I usually create a big stink about it, complaining loudly to no one in particular about the policies, making sure that they don't have a good time, predicting their afterlife residence, and such.
    Also, I never let anyone pass me.

More logically, I'm guessing that CMs get more guests falsely accusing others of line-jumping. I mean, that would be the easiest way to get someone kicked out of a park if they were only mildly annoying you.

You can complain, and you might get a fastpass out of it.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I work at the sunwheel and ill tell you it happens alot of times but most of the times we do catch it, we tell people to go to the end of the line or tell then they can't ride. and we do it as nice as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    I work at the sunwheel and ill tell you it happens alot of times but most of the times we do catch it, we tell people to go to the end of the line or tell then they can't ride. and we do it as nice as possible.
    Why don't you call security and have them remove the guests from the premises?

• Banned User

I consider people who don't wait with their parties and crawl through the line to join them line jumpers.

• That Guy

Don't let yourself get worked up about it. You are not going to change some A-hole, or the way they act, you can only control how you react to it. This happens to be at Starbucks every day. The way I see it, if someone needs their drink THAT bad, then by all means have at it. It does suck that some people have no manners, but I have found that life has a way of taking care of those people.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast