Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Pay for Face Characters?

I'm planning on auditioning for a face character for the summer, as is my friend (she's gone twice...first time she was in the top ten for Jasmine, and last time in the top three, so she's thinking the third time is the charm ). Anyhow, we know there's CM apartments, but does anyone know how much it costs to live in one? Also, what is the pay rate for face characters? We both need to consider these things, as we both live currently a little over an hour away from Disneyland...

So, your help would be appreciated! Thanks!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Pay for Face Characters?

Which character do you look like? I'm guessing "Ariel".

• A Pirate's life for me!

Don't have a clue as to the answers, but good luck to you!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Which character do you look like? I'm guessing "Ariel".
    I've thought that somewhat...I've been told by someone who used to be in casting that I'd make a great Alice or Belle. My height is between 5'3-5'4.

If, by "CM apartments" you mean dedicated buildings just for CMs to live in a la dorms, no, there are no such things. There is a Discount Directory published for CMs which includes a few discounts on nearby apartment complexes, but they don't amount to much. Figure at least $1200 for a 2 bedroom apt (and that's a marginal one) split between two people at least.

Face characters now make more than furry characters because they've been able to unionize them, but it's still not much more than In & Out Burger.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I've thought that somewhat...I've been told by someone who used to be in casting that I'd make a great Alice or Belle. My height is between 5'3-5'4.
    It sounds fun, for about 5 minutes. Would you really enjoy doing it all day every day? The part about it that would bug me is the crowds that swarm you every minute you're on stage. I'm picky about which little kids I can stand. So dealing with the dirty, snotty or sneezy ones would be a buzzkill.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    It sounds fun, for about 5 minutes. Would you really enjoy doing it all day every day? The part about it that would bug me is the crowds that swarm you every minute you're on stage. I'm picky about which little kids I can stand. So dealing with the dirty, snotty or sneezy ones would be a buzzkill.
    I'm actually an actress, and I've done children's theatre in the past...I loved it. The main reason why I loved it most was after the show, I got to stay in character while interacting with the kids and signing their autographs. These little kids who knew nothing about me would run up to me a give me BIG hugs It's a touching thing to experience, so I know I'd love to do it at Disneyland.

If anything, I'd probably be creeped out by men hitting on me. But that happens regularly anyway...

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Well I'm not trying to shoot the idea down. Sorry if I sounded too negative. But in a way, I think working onstage at the Magic Kingdom would ruin the magic for me.

• Cast Member

Characters aren't covered by a union only AGVA members are. AGVA can't be Characters because only Characters can be Characters.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by NavyCopSB View Post
    Characters aren't covered by a union only AGVA members are. AGVA can't be Characters because only Characters can be Characters.
    So basically, a face character like Belle signing autographs in TL gets paid maybe $8.50? Whereas a performer in the Aladdin show at the Hyperion gets paid actor's equity? Would Jasmine for storytime in Aladdin's Oasis get paid what Belle gets paid?

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    So basically, a face character like Belle signing autographs in TL gets paid maybe $8.50?
    I just can't see how that could be! They'd have to get paid $14-$15 an hour. Why would anyone do it otherwise?

• :)

If you post this in the "Break Room" it would probably get much more feedback actual CM feedback!

• A New Kind Of Villain

I've been trying to figure the same thing out myself. I posted over in the Break Room a while back asking about all Entertainment starting wages.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53669

The only one I found for sure is Character Hosts start at $9.15 . I've heard conflicting things regarding Parade Performers (I think it just depends on if the parade is ongoing or seasonal. Seasonal seems to be paid about $7.25 . I believe Ongoing parades gets paid a bit more.)

Face Character auditions only happen about twice or three times a year. The last one was in January and before that it was in August.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Dont make me unfriend you

I am sort of surprised that they don't tell people at the auditions a starting wage range.

EDIT: I'm not questioning anybody who has been to the auditions. I'm questioning why DL is so secretative as they won't give people at the auditions a range... between $x and $y per hour.
    Last edited by Garrett240; 02-27-2007 at 08:50 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

According to my daughter, when she worked there a few years ago (she did Indy, Twain and Columbia) she said at that time the face characters were getting almost $16 an hour... but they worked fewer hours also.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast