Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Rat Tat Tat.

How to become a Cast Member:

I'm considering working at Disneyland this summer, and since there are so many CM's and other knowledgeable people here, I pose these questions (for myself and whoever else might need to know):
    1. What is the process to becoming a Castmember?
    2. Would you recommend working there?
    3. Can you choose where you work (attractions, janitorial, etc.)?
    4. Any other tips?

Thank you!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by revol yensid
    I'm considering working at Disneyland this summer, and since there are so many CM's and other knowledgeable people here, I pose these questions (for myself and whoever else might need to know):
    1. What is the process to becoming a Castmember?
    2. Would you recommend working there?
    3. Can you choose where you work (attractions, janitorial, etc.)?
    4. Any other tips?

Thank you!
    1.Go to TDA and apply.
    2. YES!
    3. You have some choices.
    4. Tell them that it's been your life long dream to work there.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Hi Revol Yensid, we had a thread like this one earlier. Let me suggest that you wear something nice - personally I'd pick a nice suit, but if you don't have that, a nice clean button down shirt with newish slacks. (Assuming you're a guy?) Smile, use eye contact and a firm handshake. If you get an interview, speak up so they can hear you. This may get you a better job up the food chain than you might expect. Disneyland is a great place to work! I've got friends who've made long careers at Disneyland. Good luck to you!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries
    I've got a question too if that's ok?...I'm going to be living in Long Beach in the fall and I've been thinking that it could b e fun to work at Disneyland, so I'm wondering if Long Beach is really close enough to Disneyland that I could work there and be a full-time college student at the same time, and then that goes into the second question of are they flexible with their hours?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    As a newbie- you do not get first choice of hours- this being said, you will probably get nights and weekends, which tends to fit with college schedules very well. It is also pretty easy to trade shifts, so even if you need some time off, you can usually find someone to help you out.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Defeats the Huns

Tomorrow is the last day in the Disneyland Resort Job Fair!! Go!! TDA!!

• Puppy Cuddles

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine
    I've got a question too if that's ok?...I'm going to be living in Long Beach in the fall and I've been thinking that it could b e fun to work at Disneyland, so I'm wondering if Long Beach is really close enough to Disneyland that I could work there and be a full-time college student at the same time, and then that goes into the second question of are they flexible with their hours?
    Depends on where in Long Beach. The city is bigger than LA. I mean, if you're living by Cal State, you might get away with it.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    Depends on where in Long Beach. The city is bigger than LA. I mean, if you're living by Cal State, you might get away with it.
    I am looking at transferring to CA college soon. Are there any other limits you would set for schools/living distance to the park that would help me? Thanks.

As for the job hunter.. good luck! You should be fine. Just SELL YOURSELF. Disney wants great, kind, caring, passionate (but not too much) people to help sell their product and brand. If you can do that and show that to them then you do not have anything to worry about.

• That's Hawt

Hmm ... do you think Saddleback JC is too far? Can you take the toll road instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Theoretically, lots of Los Angeles area colleges are close enough (about 30-60 freeway minutes)... but traffic jams can really affect the equation. Check out Chapman University in the city of Orange. Very close to DL and, I understand, a pretty good school. They have a very active film department... if you're interested.
    http://www.chapman.edu/
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

What about cal state Fullerton? I dunno how good of a school it is but I know its close and south of anahiem right? Where the freeway isn't crazy backed up.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Minion

CSU fullerton is about 10-15 minutes away from the cast member parking lot and during the hours you'd work as a new hire (like afternoons and evenings) you'd never ever hit bad traffic on the 57. CSU Long Beach, Chapman, Cal Poly Pomona and UC Irvine are also all within about 20-25 minutes away as well.

• Defeats the Huns

I go to UCLA and work at DLR... so all the colleges/universities that have been talked about above is MUCH closer than mine. If I can do it, you can do it!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    What about cal state Fullerton? I dunno how good of a school it is but I know its close and south of anahiem right? Where the freeway isn't crazy backed up.
    That is where my dad graduated from actually. So I know that school is close but I was wondering what my other options were. I can figure out distance but I can't measure traffic. Silly! anyway... thank you for your help. I know who to turn to now for advice.

• Rat Tat Tat.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    Tomorrow is the last day in the Disneyland Resort Job Fair!! Go!! TDA!!
    Gahh!!! I think I will...so nervous... Must sleep so I will be awake tomorrow. I am told I smile too much....maybe an asset to work at Disneyland!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast