Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• :)

Re: Idea for Finding Nemo Queue

The re-enforcements for the Mattahorn take up all this space =(

This is a great idea, but we're talking about atleast 2+ years to design and put this queue into play + the safety factor....and we cant forget that thing called money

• Lost in Wonderland

I have this bad feeling that they aren't doing anything at all to the que. Quick! Can anyone denounce my bad feelings with rumors or pictures that they are changing it, at least a little?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I think it would be cool but I don't think they would, I miss the Space Mountain windows...
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adormouse View Post
    I have this bad feeling that they aren't doing anything at all to the que. Quick! Can anyone denounce my bad feelings with rumors or pictures that they are changing it, at least a little?
    Don't worry, I'm sure there's going to be brand new chains and poles around the lagoon, past the Matterhorn Smoking Area, and up to Small World.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 View Post
    One thing here...I like the idea, actually, but remember, the subs are painted black under the water
    First of all, this is news to me. Second, they still sell yellow paint. My guess is Walt wouldn't let a black underbelly torpedo his submarine idea.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Don't worry, I'm sure there's going to be brand new chains and poles around the lagoon, past the Matterhorn Smoking Area, and up to Small World.
    I like shiny things as much as the next person, but they better really, really shiny and spectacular to keep us interested if that's all they added.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I wonder if the Matterhorn Smoking Lounge will become a section for a few rows of switchbacks. They will probably also have switchbacks on the Motorboat Dock thingy. And maybe some more behind the raised patios near Small World where people hang out waiting for a parade.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

I propose putting a animatronic Nigel (the pelican) in the queue that will make random comments and make comments to the seaguls on the rock in the middle of the lagoon that will be saying "Mine mine mine."
    i think that they should put him were the Nemo mini sub used to be
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

I don't know how practical this idea is, but I think it would be cool if the line for Submarine Voyage was built under the walkway that wraps around the lagoon.

If you were to go down a ramp like at DCA's "It's tough to be a bug" and enter a cave. Then have portholes / windows from the cave, into the lagoon. So as you're standing in line, you can watch the subs go by and look at some of the scenery. Maybe even have some projections that are only visible in the queue.

Then when you get to the station, the ramp comes back up to ground level so you can get in the submarine.

It's probably too "blue sky" an idea, but maybe something along these lines could work.
    Interesting idea, but, as others have mentioned, it seems that the "ship has sailed" from a construction stand-point. Also, if those in line can see the subs, then that would mean the riders in the sub can see the people in the queue as well--kinda spoils the whole "deep sea dive" theme.

A much simplier way to make an immersive que would be to have the queue in the MBC area leading to a new dock on that side of the lagoon. In that space they could deffinately create rockwork, indoor/outdoor areas, talking animals, and keep the guests distracted for that last 45 minutes of the queue.

Then on the TL side of the lagoon, you can add an underground restraunt where guests watch the ocean floor through a one-way glass as they chow down. The showscene for the guests to see would be unique, and the subs could only be glimsped as they passed a hole in the rockwork for a momment.

This would kill more than just two figurative birds. Nemo would be in Fantasyland, a fitting land for talking fish. Nemo would have a large immersive que to get lost in. DL gets a new upscale dinning option to relieve the demand put on Blue Bayou. TL can close either Pizza Port or TL Terrace with the addition of the eatery to create a new attraction or space for queues to extinct attractions (rocket jets/peoplemover).

• :)

If you walk around the soon to be finding nemo entrance area you can actually see where they have drilled holes in the ground for future poles for their queue so you can get an idea on how far its going to go if you just fallow the holes

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Let's face it, the que is going to be more boring than it was originally. No interactive anything. Not even any pictures of sea life. Just a few slowly moving steel switchbacks under the monorail station. It has to be the worst que in the park. It barely handled the line of people before the ride when down for ten years and it will definately never handle it now.
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• I can't stand you.

As great as the idea of caves and interactive stuff sounds for the queue line, I think its too late for it to happen I don't why they wouldnt ad some kind line rather then just standing there but oh well. People watch and flirt is the blame to help the time go by

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

I don't know how practical this idea is, but I think it would be cool if the line for Submarine Voyage was built under the walkway that wraps around the lagoon.
    I think they should put a loop in the Queue to go along with the loop in Nemo sub ride.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

You know, in a weird sense, I am kind of looking forward to a queue with no show elements. Don't get me wrong. I think CaiforniaAdventurer's ideas are great. But prior to Star Tours all Disney lines were actually pretty boring (with an exception to HM if you want to consider the elevator/hallway as part of the queue). In a weird sense I am looking forward to this. Maybe it will feel like it did back in the good old days!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast