Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Idea for Finding Nemo Queue

I don't know how practical this idea is, but I think it would be cool if the line for Submarine Voyage was built under the walkway that wraps around the lagoon.

If you were to go down a ramp like at DCA's "It's tough to be a bug" and enter a cave. Then have portholes / windows from the cave, into the lagoon. So as you're standing in line, you can watch the subs go by and look at some of the scenery. Maybe even have some projections that are only visible in the queue.

Then when you get to the station, the ramp comes back up to ground level so you can get in the submarine.

It's probably too "blue sky" an idea, but maybe something along these lines could work.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Thumbs up Re: Idea for Finding Nemo Queue

That's a great idea! It'd look absolutely amazing!
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Idea for Finding Nemo Queue

That would be very cool. I hope the queue is just as awesome as the ride is supposed to be.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Even if they just built some rockwork at surface level on both sides of the queue and put some animatronic crabs and other seaside birds and such to chat with guests, it would make the time go by faster. They could use character interaction like the Monsters Inc ride and PUSH the trash can, so the critters talk to guests while they're moving along.

I know the barker bird created a traffic jam in Adventureland in the 60s but I don't think that'd be the case today. It would be mildly amusing but I dont think people would stop moving along towards a REAL RIDE to listen to a seagull making jokes.

At least it would bring down the anxiety you get after long periods of time in a queue.
    Last edited by CaliforniaAdventurer; 02-28-2007 at 07:46 PM.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

I'd definitely like to see "mini" attractions in the queue of rides that usually have long lines. Maybe a diminutive version of Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters or something like that.

Yeah, a look at the actual ride itself from waiting in line would be great. I loved how Space Mountain used to have that feature...
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Dreaming of Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I don't know how practical this idea is, but I think it would be cool if the line for Submarine Voyage was built under the walkway that wraps around the lagoon.

If you were to go down a ramp like at DCA's "It's tough to be a bug" and enter a cave. Then have portholes / windows from the cave, into the lagoon. So as you're standing in line, you can watch the subs go by and look at some of the scenery. Maybe even have some projections that are only visible in the queue.

Then when you get to the station, the ramp comes back up to ground level so you can get in the submarine.

It's probably too "blue sky" an idea, but maybe something along these lines could work.
    I like the idea. Maybe they already have something planned like this and they havnt announced it.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tyler2cfhs View Post
    I like the idea. Maybe they already have something planned like this and they havnt announced it.
    Considering they refilled the lagoon with water, my idea of building a tunnel next to the lagoon with windows may not be practical at this late stage.

• Premium Youngling and

That would be really neat but I think it is a little late in the construction phase to do something so drastic

Great idea though!

• Minion

That's an awesome idea! If Disney made the que more interesting and make it part of the attraction like how they did it in Indy it would make the wait in line not so bad.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    That would be really neat but I think it is a little late in the construction phase to do something so drastic

Great idea though!
    Our posts just crossed paths. I was sort of thinking the same thing.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    That's an awesome idea! If Disney made the que more interesting and make it part of the attraction like how they did it in Indy it would make the wait in line not so bad.
    They should make a policy that any new attraction that's expected to have a long wait must incorporate fun elements into the queue, so the wait isn't so boring.

For example, the queue for Expedition Everest is supposed to be a lot of fun to explore.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Very good idea and it would have been cool, but of course.... it's kind of too late. In an ideal situation actually, the Autopia's exit wouldn't have been so close to where the Subs and Monorail would be and perhaps the subs queue could have spread over to that area more.

Right now, I don't think there's a more bigger waste of land than the current Autopia. Don't get me wrong, it's a historic part of Disneyland but the redesign was far from good.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

well there will be plenty to see while in line for finding nemo. If you get in line around 1 youll see the 3:30 parade of dreams. and once you get close youll be able to see the jedi training academy show twice before actually seeing the inside of the subs dock lol

• Know More Than You Should

One thing here...I like the idea, actually, but remember, the subs are painted black under the water- so you couldn't see them. Besides, seeing portholes from the subs would ruin the down-in-the-depths illusion (not that its that strong anyways). Plus, it would be hard to do that without giving away elements from the ride.

• the rum is always gone

I like the idea of having an interactive queue like Indy. I propose putting a animatronic Nigel (the pelican) in the queue that will make random comments and make comments to the seaguls on the rock in the middle of the lagoon that will be saying "Mine mine mine."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast