Restaurant Choice for Saturday Night

My daughter (soon to be 5 years old) and I will be arriving in Anaheim on Saturday 12 May. After checking in at the Paradise Pier, I expect it to be well after 6pm.

I would like to eat dinner before we head to the park (we are leaving early on Thursday and the five day parkhopper was the same price as the four day so I am not wasting a day to go that late).

Where would be the best place for a quick bite? I don't want to waste much time getting to the park but maybe it would be easier to grab a bit in one of the hotels?

I expect DTD to be hopping on a Saturday night so don't want to risk choosing somewhere there and having to wait an hour or more for a table.
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. He shall be my Squishy - Dory

• Eeyore smiling

Re: Restaurant Choice for Saturday Night

I am sorry, I am confused, do you want to go into the Parks on Saturday or not?
    If not, and if you want to really splurge, take her to Goofy's Kitchen for dinner. That is a very nice touch of Disney with all the characters, warning, pricey, but there is a TON of food to choose from, including (usually) Prime Rib amongst the Peanut Butter and Jelly Pizza!
    If you have availability to go into the parks due to your 5 day park hoppers, I would suggest making reservations at Ariel's Grotto in DCA, either way do use the Disney Dinning number for Priority Seating. There are lots of places you can do that at, nothing like knowing you have a seat ready for a meal while at the park. I enjoy eating breakfast on main street at the Carnation restaurant, again do priority seating.
    If you do not opt for the Goofy's Kitchen for dinner, the brunch is fabulous.
    I hope you all have a wonderful trip.

• insufferable know-it-all

Well, depends on whether you want something to grab and go, or a sit-down. Personally, I like La Brea Bakery, right near the bag check. Their turkey and applewood-smoked bacon sandwich is to die for, and their sit-down area is great for people-watching.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

Since you are arriving in the evening, a suggestion is to call the dining number and make reservations at the Paradise Pier restaurant. (I'm not remember the name of it right now.) You can have a quick bite, be refreshed and ready to go straight to the park and enjoy. Over at the Grand Californian Hotel, there is a little place called White Water Snacks. Excellent place for hot/cold meals. Pick what you want, sit down, eat and then leave. The only thing here is that I don't know what time they close. (For those that really know Paradise Pier, isn't there a little place in the lobby for quick bites? I think it is across from their gift shop and there is a TV there???) Have the best time with your 5-year old. Sounds like a special Disney time!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

If the 5 year old is daring, you guys can hit up Yamabuki, the japanese restaurant in Paradise Pier.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html