Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Movies that should be made into attractions?

With the recent uprising of attractions based on Pixar movies or characters, I'm wondering if there are any non-Pixar movies that are being overlooked to be made into attractions. I know that these movies are whats "in", but I don't think the parks focus should be incorporating every single Pixar movie into a ride. Here's a list of rides based on Disney Movies I want to see (keep in mind that my taste in Disney movies is very well, um, "unique".)

Oogie Boogie's Roulett Wheel- Yes, I know we already have HMH, but maybe we should be able to get our Nightmare Before Christmas on a more permanant basis. And the movie does have the perfect element to made into a ride, Oogie Boogie's Roulette wheel. This would be like any regular "scrambler" ride in other parks, but have the same obstacles that were in Nightmare Before Christmas. And in no means would it be campy or cheap like scramblers in other parks it would be given great Disney detail And it would be an indoor ride.
    Location: Two options here A) NOS Right next to HM in an indoor complex, either get rid of the train and move it to where Hungry Bear is or use some more backstage area. B) DCA in Hollywood Pictures Backlot, while the themeing might not be right, it go right next to TOT. Plus it goes with the parks idea of taking carnival rides and making it Disney-esque.

A Goofy Ride- It'd be a dark ride based on the mid-nineties Goofy Movie. It would be an out of the ordinary dark ride.
    Location: Toontown, I know Toon Town already has Roger Rabbit's cartoon spin as that land's dark ride, but would adding another one really hurt? Might bring up that Land's stock a little bit. Plus, Fantasy Land already has a lot of dark rides living together in harmony.

Bambi dark ride- It deserves a dark ride, it's a classic.
    Location: Critter Country needs it. There should be room for it, I think!

Emperor's New Groove Roller Coaster- This would be based on the transportation used to get to Eesma's secret lair in ENG and probably some ingenious chase scenes through hillsides.
    Location: Don't know, Where Casey Junior is now and where the sky cabins loading in Fantasy Land was.

Well, those are my suggestions don't laugh at me too hard. I just think going back to attractions based on non pixar movies is the way to go after Monsters Inc. is done and over with.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    Bambi dark ride- It deserves a dark ride, it's a classic.
    Location: Critter Country needs it. There should be room for it, I think!

Emperor's New Groove Roller Coaster- This would be based on the transportation used to get to Eesma's secret lair in ENG and probably some ingenious chase scenes through hillsides.
    Location: Don't know, Where Casey Junior is now and where the sky cabins loading in Fantasy Land was.
    Love idea one that I quoted. Don't like idea two because of it's location.

Bambi would be great to see come to life in some way. Especially it was well done like the original dark rides in Fantasyland not cut and pasted together like Pooh is.

ENG would be great and I have jokingly mentioned this before-- the exact same concept from the movie. However I dislike the location. An ENG attraction should be not be placed in Fantasyland. I think it should have a home in Adventureland if anything. Too bad there isn't enough room by the old TT to have an attraction building. <shrug> We can dream...

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Well, I have always wondered why there is not a particular ride devoted strictly to the Walt Disney Characters!. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, etc. Probably a dark ride with a storyline. with a few surprises! Maybe stick it in DCA, they need it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Merry 2014!

None! just wanting more original concepts. imo
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Having a Grand Day!

Wow - You Read My Mind, and through my Disney building portfolio (I keep everything).

Digging something out from the year 2000 - I was thinking of a Goofy dark ride based on the waterfall scene. You start with Goofy and Max fighting while you are in your little yellow car. Of course, G forgets to put on the breaks and you slowly start to move down the hill, into the grand canyon and down the rapids. You get saved just in time by Goofy and Max before you go down the waterfall. Of course, something goes wrong and you fall down anyway... Landing in a Powerline Rock concert!

• Stop That!

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    Oogie Boogie's Roulett Wheel- This would be like any regular "scrambler" ride in other parks, but have the same obstacles that were in Nightmare Before Christmas. And in no means would it be campy or cheap like scramblers in other parks it would be given great Disney detail And it would be an indoor ride.
    Hmm, add a pair of 3D glasses and an indoor scrambler could get pretty interesting...

um no an Oggie ride wouldn't match new Orleans and Hollywood backlot isn't carny ride zone the Pier is

A Goofy ride, hmmm I do like Max and Goofy, btw you realize "A Goofy Movie" was based of the television series "Goof Troop"

bambi is much to slow for a ride I mean I find Pooh quicker then bambi and Pooh is not anywere near fastpace or adventuresome

Emporers New Groove would be great but I'd perfer it in Adventureland with the temple setup but we don't really have space there :\

in general I believe in a mesh between movie based rides and fresh new ideas

but when in gnome do as the gnomens

so I shalt post a link to my well known Little Mermaid concept

http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=773

• Who's your DaddyB?

I'd love to see a Mary Poppins ride.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    None! just wanting more original concepts. imo
    I couldnt agree with you more!!!

Down with rides that plug movies! DL needs to be more OG!

Besides, I think it works much better if a movie is patterned after a ride (i.e. PotC)
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan
    Well, I have always wondered why there is not a particular ride devoted strictly to the Walt Disney Characters!. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, etc. Probably a dark ride with a storyline. with a few surprises! Maybe stick it in DCA, they need it.
    When I went to my orientation at DL back in 1992, they told us that there will never be a ride devoted to the original Disney characters...Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy or Pluto. They are strictly characters and that the closest thing to any type of attraction is their "homes" in Toontown.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    A Goofy ride, hmmm I do like Max and Goofy, btw you realize "A Goofy Movie" was based of the television series "Goof Troop"
    Umm... DUH. Where else did Max and PJ come from?

• CM for 4 years!

I love A Goody Movie... I remember listening to Radio Disney as a kid and being SO MAD when "Eye 2 Eye" was not the Number One song that week! Stupid ol' "I Just Can't Wait to be King" beat it out! Dang it.

But I don't think it should be a DLR attraction. Many kids now haven't seen it.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    I love A Goody Movie... I remember listening to Radio Disney as a kid and being SO MAD when "Eye 2 Eye" was not the Number One song that week! Stupid ol' "I Just Can't Wait to be King" beat it out! Dang it.

But I don't think it should be a DLR attraction. Many kids now haven't seen it.
    Hate to be an annoyance, but this is a mistake that happens to often:

THE NAME OF THE SONG IS I2I.

As for the attraction, I know it shouldn't. It just isn't one of those films. But we can dream...
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 06-04-2005 at 02:03 AM.

• CM for 4 years!

Hate to be an annoyance, but you used to incorrect form of "to/too/two" for this sentence. Instead of "to", you should have said "too". Plus, I was about seven when that movie came out and haven't seen it since I was about twelve. Cut me some slack, Jack.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Hate to be an annoyance, but you used to incorrect form of "to/too/two" for this sentence. Instead of "to", you should have said "too". Plus, I was about seven when that movie came out and haven't seen it since I was about twelve. Cut me some slack, Jack.
    I wasn't nitpicking you in particular, but it infuriates me when EVERYBODY makes that mistake. And I apoligise for using the wrong to/too/two.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast