Thread: iPod coaster

iPod coaster

Ok, So I go and ride California Screaming with the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and I think. "I could pick a better song to play during my ride than this." So here is my challenge to you all.

What is your favorite iPod song to listen to on California Screaming? Or any other coaster for that matter (maybe Big Thunder). Let us all know here and let us be the judge. I look for music that works with the timing of the ride. It can be from the station, or the launch, but it needs to make the ride more fun than the current track Disney used.

I need to test the timing on these but I am going to try Corbin Blue Push it to the limits, and Lindsey Lohan's Rumors, then Gretchen Wilson's California Girls.

Ride length is 3 minutes and 48 seconds as best I can tell, but I will time it next time I ride.

-Judah

• 88 mph

Re: iPod coaster

Anything by Tiny Tim
    Last edited by Jeronius; 03-01-2007 at 12:55 PM.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Premium Youngling and

Sounds fun. I will try it on my next trip and tell you what works best!

• Banned User

I don't listen to my iPod on any rides, I'm there for Disneyland not my own music lol.

• Blind to His Own Faults

I don't think I could use my iPod during Screamin'.I couldn't hear anything over the din of RHCP thundering into my skull, coupled with Mrs. Swab's hysterical wailing.

• Blind to His Own Faults

Oh yeah, Welcome to MiceChat!!

• Playtester

I've listened to Rollercoaster of love a few times. I think its more rockin' then the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I don't listen to my iPod on any rides, I'm there for Disneyland not my own music lol.
    Me too. I don't care to carry around my iPod just to use it on a 3 minute ride. Besides, I like the RHCP!

I'd love to hear Light My Fire on Space Mountain. I'd say Inna-gadda-davida, but the ride isn't that long.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Zero Blockout Dates

"Colors of the Wind" - Acidman
    "Give A Little Whistle" - The Band Apart
    "Wish Upon A Star" - American HiFi
    "Main Street Electrical Parade" - Kenzi Masubuchi
    "Under The Sea" - Doping Panda

from the Mosh Pit On Disney CD

I really like "Screamin'" By Gary Hoey + George Wilkins and often default to it.

"Soarin' Over California" works well too.

and also I've ridden listening to Dick Dale and Michael Giachinno's Space Mountain Tracks which kick arse no matter what coaster you're on (they work very well on Big Thunder Mountain after dark too)

None of them are edited for the ride itself (well ... except "Screamin'") but any one of them works better for me than the RHCP "Around the World" which is a great song but lacks anything close to Disney magic. And with the right editing any one of them could easily blow the RHCPs out of the water, stay within the "Rockin'" promotional theme and reenforce that you're at a "Disney Park©®™" and not at some KROQ event.

Oddly enough I don't mind "Higher Ground" on Space Mountain anywhere near as much as I do "Around the World" on Screamin'.

Then again I've been known to listen to the HMH ridethrough during the regular HM because I actually prefer it to the original.

JHMO

IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Screamin' is 2 and a half minutes from departure to the final brake zone.

I always edit songs to be synced to the ride before I go on Screamin'. I never use songs in their original state. However, the volume of Screamin's soundtrack was increased for Rockin', so it is difficult to drain out 'Around the World.'

Space Mountain is next to impossible to drain out, whether it is Rockin' are not.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    Anything by Tiny Tim
    Tiptoe Through the Tulips
    There is a sound clip toward the bottom of this link: Tiny Tim
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by xss2077x View Post

I always edit songs to be synced to the ride before I go on Screamin'. I never use songs in their original state. However, the volume of Screamin's soundtrack was increased for Rockin', so it is difficult to drain out 'Around the World.'

Space Mountain is next to impossible to drain out, whether it is Rockin' are not.
    If you don't like the music why bother going on then? Just go to Knotts where they don't play any music.

Welcome to the Jungle by ACDC is my favorite to listen to while riding.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    If you don't like the music why bother going on then? Just go to Knotts where they don't play any music.
    Excuse me, but where exactly did I say I don't like the music? What did I say again? Oh right...

Quote Originally Posted by xss2077x View Post

How is that saying I don't like the music?

I personally love the Screamin' music, and I have that on my iPod as well. Maybe you should pay attention to what I actually said instead of saying something like that to me.