Opus Archives: Early Multi-Day Ticket Books

No "hopper" (as there was nothing yet to hop to!)...but here's an in-room advertisement for the old "Hospitality" Ticket Books that featured 2 days of admission to Disneyland...that they used to offer only to area hotel guests:

No date on it but I'm guessing mid 70's, based on the prices and the age of the other stuff in the same box it came out of.

Interesting to note that back in those days, 15 ticketed attractions out of the approximately 40 available, was considered a very full plate even for 2 days. Of course there was a lot more entertainment in the Park back then that would take up a whole lot of the average Guest's time while in Disneyland.

It's also kind of fun to think back to when staying overnight and visiting Disneyland for a second day in a row, was considered probably a much bigger deal than it is today. Especially when you consider that there was only the one Park.

One might also note and/or fondly recall the old "Junior" category that used to give more relief to families in the pocketbook.

This ad got me to wondering what (if any) deals are available these days to either Disney Resort Hotel Guests, or area hotel and motel guests. Are there still stand-alone (non-package) admission media at lower prices that can be purchased by hotel guests these days?

Or does Disney now just force hotel guests to purchase inclusive packages as their only way to get a break on admission media?

I'd be interested to know. Thanks.

Re: Opus Archives: Early Multi-Day Ticket Books

Ah, the good ol' days! Thanks for sharing this. Yes, it used to be you just experienced the park without that commando-style, "let's DO all the rides" mentality....it was more about BEING there and soaking up the park as a whole.

• Banned User

Wow! $10 bucks. That's incredible!! LOVE these old things you're digging up, Opus. They're wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    LOVE these old things you're digging up, Opus. They're wonderful.
    I think I just dug up my tonsils that I had removed when I was five. You wanna see?

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

^ewwww

I wonder why they still dont offer a junior priced tickets? oh well. Great find!
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by nemofinder22 View Post
    I wonder why they still dont offer a junior priced tickets?
    To make more money! At the expense of many a families' pocketbook of course.

By doing away with the "Junior" category...overnight all those Juniors suddenly became higher priced "Adults" (or "Guests" as Disney wisely renamed the former Adult category).

You'll also note that "Child" was changed from going all the way to age 11 back then, to the current topping out at age 9 (now you can see why they changed "Adult" to "Guest"...hard to imagine a 10 year old Adult!).

Both the elimination of the Junior category and the lowering of the plateau for exiting childhood, allowed Disney to implement a rather large increase in admission sales and price...without actually raising the Child and Adult ticket prices at the time.

It worked. When Disney raised prices in the past, it usually generated a lot of Press. But the time they did the Junior/Child thing...it was like they had put a silencer on a gun. Hardly a peep from anyone.

Sneaky or cleaver or both, it was done to make more money. Although it was spin doctored as "simplifying our ticket structure" for the benefit of the Guests. Uh-huh.

You've been "enhanced" baby!