Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Talking City Hall at Disneyland vs DCA Guest Relations

Just wondering if anyone has noticed a difference in the CM's between these 2 places.
    Personally, I have. The CM's at DCA Guest Relations are usually heaps nicer and actually listen to you and are willing to help more than at City Hall. Now, of course it isn't always true. When I went to DL on Tues, I stopped into City Hall and had 2 very nice CM's help me find out about one of the skewars at the Bengal BBQ.
    Anyone else have an oppinion?

• Disabled Guest Pro

Re: City Hall at Disneyland vs DCA Guest Relations

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy98 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has noticed a difference in the CM's between these 2 places.
    Personally, I have. The CM's at DCA Guest Relations are usually heaps nicer and actually listen to you and are willing to help more than at City Hall. Now, of course it isn't always true. When I went to DL on Tues, I stopped into City Hall and had 2 very nice CM's help me find out about one of the skewars at the Bengal BBQ.
    Anyone else have an oppinion?
    Well that is very easy to understand! Although I have personally never had a serious problem with anyone being rude to me at either place. I have been given a little more of a hard time getting things done at DL in the past but thats about it. But think about, at DL the City Hall CMs are always busy, they have lines all day and all night and get many many many more complaints!!! DCA has NO visitors!!! When those CMs get a visitor they are excited to actually do something!!!! lol

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek75 View Post
    Well that is very easy to understand! Although I have personally never had a serious problem with anyone being rude to me at either place. I have been given a little more of a hard time getting things done at DL in the past but thats about it. But think about, at DL the City Hall CMs are always busy, they have lines all day and all night and get many many many more complaints!!! DCA has NO visitors!!! When those CMs get a visitor they are excited to actually do something!!!! lol
    Amazingly when I was at DLR on Wed, I went into Guest Realtions at DCA and there was actually a line and 3 cm's working! Pretty unusual!

• Done waiting!!

While I haven't had much interaction with the CM's at DCA Guest Relations, the ones at City Hall have always been helpful enough for me. I had one actually give me some good info on the Pirates 3 premiere at DL (figuring out the date a few months before I even heard about it on here!). She had worked at the last one and told me all the best places to sit and what to do when I get there.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

The Cast Members that work at Guest Relations in California Adventure don't deal with ridiculous complaints as much as City Hall does, especially when people from MiceChat go on Rockin' Space Mountain then go to City Hall and complain about it.
    A ride breaks down and people will actually go to City Hall and make a complaint as if it was their fault or Disney purposely closed down a particular ride just to piss guests off. Or when Disney decides to put the hometowns on the nametags, some people actually complained about that to City Hall (::cough:: MiceChat ::cough ). Or when Remember suddenly has to cancel the show in the middle of the performance (FOR THE SAFETY OF GUESTS), ungrateful guests will go and make a complaint about that too. So, being a Cast Member in City Hall isn't as laid back as Guest Relations.
    Last edited by InnerSpace; 03-02-2007 at 09:34 AM.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

I didnt really notice a difference between the two but then again both times were to get birthday stickers for my little brothers but both times the CM's were great and theres no doubt they put up with a lot of crud all day weather its worthy of complaining about or not and theres always the great compliment.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Knight that says Nee!!

The one and only time I have ever had trouble while at DLR was a problem at the Blue Bayou. After the resturant manager pretty much pissed off our whole party offered little more than a half hearted apology we went to City Hall to lodge a complaint. The CM there was polite and dutifully took down the managers name and assured us that he would be "spoken to" about the incident.
    We went over to DCA to eat lunch (since we didn't get to eat at the BB) and my DW decided to go to DCA guest rel. as well. She figured why not, the manager was rude and had lied to us flat out. The DCA CMs there were (or at least acted) shocked about the incident and imediately handed out "anytime" fast passes to our whole group that were good for any ride in DCA and DL that was a FP ride.

• Disney Gram

I have always received great help, smiles, etc. from CM's at both of these locations...actually, with the exception of the Jungle Cruise, I have ALWAYS had great interaction with all CM's. They go above and beyond!!
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I've dealt with both and DCA is so much easier. It's like comparing a home Italian restaurant next to an Olive Garden. They just seem so happy and accomadating when you come in. While the other place always has a line and the staff is swamped. That doesn't in any way mean Disneyland guest relations is rude or unhelpful. If only other businesses were so pleasent.

Chad

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Here is a little secret.....they both are the same. People can work either place. But the nice thing about DCA is it is not right there for everyone to go in and whine about needing passes to get to the front of the line cause of some made up problem.
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• :)

It's true, guest relations cast members will work in one park one day, or in the other park the next, it's all whatever appears on their schedule...Their both the same, but if i'm not mistaken I thought you could only get a guest assistance card inside Disneyland and not DCA..I may be wrong

Disneyland Guest Relations CMs do a lot of different jobs around the Resort. If you're in Guest Relations, you will be trained on: City Hall/DCA Guest Relations Front Desks; Tour Guides; Info Boards/Info Locations; Disneyland Telephone Information; and Lost and Found.

Guest Relations is one of the few Department that is Resort-wide and not limited to any one particular theme park or area.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• Thanks, Ollie

As the locations are run by the same people, it really just depends on the Cast Member, not the place.

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by brassplayer View Post
    Disneyland Guest Relations CMs do a lot of different jobs around the Resort. If you're in Guest Relations, you will be trained on: City Hall/DCA Guest Relations Front Desks; Tour Guides; Info Boards/Info Locations; Disneyland Telephone Information; and Lost and Found.

Guest Relations is one of the few Department that is Resort-wide and not limited to any one particular theme park or area.
    It also depends on seniority. Lost&Found / Phones is where the new trainee's go, next is Info Board, etc...Tour Guides are one of the highest ranking Gust Relation CM positions

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It's true, guest relations cast members will work in one park one day, or in the other park the next, it's all whatever appears on their schedule...Their both the same, but if i'm not mistaken I thought you could only get a guest assistance card inside Disneyland and not DCA..I may be wrong

I could be wrong too, bu I think its because all the attractions at DCA are fully compliant so there is really no need for a GAC card since everyone waits in the same line, disabled or not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast