Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Fastest Man Alive

Re: Disneylands 55th anniversary.

I think it'll be pretty low-key. From all the rumors, I'm betting the emphasis will be on DCA. It'll be celebrating its 10th Anniversary. By then, Toy Story Mania will be full swing, the additions to the grizzly rapids attraction should be done, and most of the placemaking for the park should be done. And if Al is correct, construction would probably being going full-tilt on the 'Carsland' expansion, and DCA would be in the midst of a rebranding.
    I say, give DCA an anniversary, it needs it. Disneyland can get a big celebration for it's 60th Anniversary.

• Creative Director

New entertainment is usually a given for anniversaries- a new parade, new fireworks, new shows, etc...
    For me, that's fine, when talking about the more minor anniversaries. A new attraction or two should also be included.

Premiering those sorts of new things does not seem overblown to me, and it has been pretty standard for when Disneyland does anniversaries. In terms of how big and over the top Disney will push it terms of marketing and so on- that sort of thing should be saved for the really big anniversaries.

But Disneyland usually does at least a year long celebration every five years, so I am sure there will be one. There is just no need for it to be no where near as big as the 50th.

The emphasis around that time should probably go to DCA anyway if everything planned comes to fruition. Though, now that I think about, I am sure DL's 55th will be meshed with it anyhow considering that Disney markets the place as a "Resort" now.

• Minion

POD is a 5yr parade, so at least they will take that away for the 55th! (I am not a fan of POD)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    K i'll make you a deal. You can live an hour away and I'll toughen up and brave living across the street from it.
    Same here.

The 50th seemed alright from what i've seen online. I'm still really bummed that I couldn't make it out for it. Maybe a reprise of "Remember.." for the 55th??

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

It really shouldn't be an "either or" situation,
    DL's 55th in 2010, should be celebrated to a limited degree.
    (certainly not to the extent of the 50th, but more than the 45th)
    This is THE theme park that all others still aspire to be, and the
    Birthday of Walt's original ~ it's Birthday should NEVER be placed
    2nd to that thing Eisner and Pressler built.

DCA's (or whatever the name of that park will be)
    should have it's 10th noted. But it's Birthday, the
    celebration of how it started, is one that best forgotten.
    (and that is coming from someone who was there on
    opening day)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    a big cake, a new peoplemover, and Country Bear Jamboree at DCA. (and a loop in SM!)
    Whooooooo.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    Yeah you weren't stuck living across the street from the craziness.

I'm glad it cleaned up the park and gave it TLC but it lasted way too long! And the 17 minute fireworks are the worst offenders if you live so close that your windows rattle every single freakin night.
    Sorry you have to live so close, but I am glad Disney carried it out so long so more people had a chance to see it. I can understand how the CMs might get tired of it, but from a guest perspective, it was excellent.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

It was a good thing that the 50th lasted a long time becasue like many have said early it gave more people a chance to go. As for the 55th i would like to see some work done on tommorowland. Something done on the people mover track or removed al together and a need 3d movie or ride where HISTA

It was a good thing that the 50th lasted a long time becasue like many have said early it gave more people a chance to go. As for the 55th i would like to see some work done on tommorowland. Something done on the people mover track or removed al together and a need 3d movie or ride where HISTA.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123