Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• The one, the only...

Replacement suggestion for Innoventions

I am not a fan of Innoventions. I think that a lot of MiceChatters agree with me. But what to replace it with?

I loved the Carousel of Progress but just putting that back seems more a step backward. I think I have something better.

My idea would be to replace Innventions with a spoof of the Carousel of Progress. This time we see aliens families as they progress through time. They could even sing and dance for us. Maybe include an alien rock band. I know that it seems different, but I think that Disney could make it funny and enjoyable for the whole family. I know that it does not have any link to a Disney or Pixar movie, but I don't think that every ride has to. I just think that Disney can still produce a fun show for all ages.

I would take it further by making the show change each performance. After all computers have that random option. I also think that some audience participation could be done too. Maybe vote for alien performers like American Idol. There is so much that could be done with that Innoventions building.

What do you think? Would it be fun? How would you make it better? Do you have a different idea?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Replacement suggestion for Innoventions

Seeing that they sold the sponsership, I'm just wishing for an over the top, updated, innovated Innoventions.

Chad

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

America Sings...The Second Verse
    Quote Originally Posted by All4dISNEY
    Words hurt.

Misssion: Space!

Walt's love of Trains!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Haha, it sounds fun, JiminyCricketFan. Don't know how the masses would like it but I'd give it a try.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    I am not a fan of Innoventions. I think that a lot of MiceChatters agree with me. But what to replace it with?

I loved the Carousel of Progress but just putting that back seems more a step backward. I think I have something better.

My idea would be to replace Innventions with a spoof of the Carousel of Progress. This time we see aliens families as they progress through time. They could even sing and dance for us. Maybe include an alien rock band. I know that it seems different, but I think that Disney could make it funny and enjoyable for the whole family. I know that it does not have any link to a Disney or Pixar movie, but I don't think that every ride has to. I just think that Disney can still produce a fun show for all ages.

I would take it further by making the show change each performance. After all computers have that random option. I also think that some audience participation could be done too. Maybe vote for alien performers like American Idol. There is so much that could be done with that Innoventions building.

What do you think? Would it be fun? How would you make it better? Do you have a different idea?
    For the 50th, I thought I would be fun to have an aa show in that building
    again, similar to Carrousel of Progress or America sings. BUT instead make a tribute to DL AA Shows, highlights of Carrousel of Progress, next section highlights of America Sings, next section highlights of Country Bear , then a section with an aa Walt. But how about doing the same thing, only with Alien versions of ALL these shows, that way it would still have a Sci-Fi/ Tomorrowland theme. I'd love to see them do an Alien type Walt Disney
    host! Alien Bears, Alien America Sings. hahahahaha
    Plectu's, BUT ho

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post

Yesterland

Get in a time machine and go back to the Disneyland of yesteryear.

Move the displays at the Opera house there and add photos, movies, and whatever to displays. I'd think they could haul a fair amount of memorabilia from backstage to outfit it too.

The Time Machine could provide the theming and bridging and, being at the edge of Tomorrowland wouldn't disrupt it's theming too much (and the Primeval world isn't too far away :-)
    Last edited by JeffYardDog; 03-02-2007 at 10:29 PM.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Innoventions... Two Point O.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Sock Puppet

Something with a loop for gods sake.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    For the 50th, I thought I would be fun to have an aa show in that building
    again, similar to Carrousel of Progress or America sings. BUT instead make a tribute to DL AA Shows, highlights of Carrousel of Progress, next section highlights of America Sings, next section highlights of Country Bear , then a section with an aa Walt. But how about doing the same thing, only with Alien versions of ALL these shows, that way it would still have a Sci-Fi/ Tomorrowland theme. I'd love to see them do an Alien type Walt Disney
    host! Alien Bears, Alien America Sings. hahahahaha
    Plectu's, BUT ho
    I like it! An alien spoof of former Disneyland attractions. It sounds like an inside joke, but I think it would still be funny for both kids and adults. I can see three heads on the wall for the Bear Country spoof.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTom View Post
    Something with a loop for gods sake.
    X'D
    *beats with extra-sugary churros*
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Inhospitable about happy

How about a Carousel of Regress? You go backwards in time until you're looking at a bunch of naked Neanderthals sitting on the dirt, eating sticks.

"Well, the pterodactyls are back. That's a sure sign of Spring."

A better Innoventions?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    How about a Carousel of Regress? You go backwards in time until you're looking at a bunch of naked Neanderthals sitting on the dirt, eating sticks.

"Well, the pterodactyls are back. That's a sure sign of Spring."
    Been there, done that.

Apparently you haven't been to TDA lately ...

• Progressive Disneylander

I'm up for any significant change to Innoventions.

It works well in Epcot because it actually fits the theme of the park. I realize that Innoventions is in Tomorrowland, but since it replaced an actual attraction, it seems like they downgraded the spot when they converted it to this.

I just want it to be an attraction again -- pretty much anything really.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast