Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Puppy Cuddles

Last time I was there, there was a family whose little boy was so upset that they didn't have a Buzz Lightyear lanyard (they wer at the pin shop in NOS). I told them to check over at Store Command and they were so happy. I totally help people if they seem really stressed out about something and I gots the 411. I'd never say anything if I wasn't sure, though. I'm an AP, not CM, btw.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• former that is....

Gotta love the two finger pointing technique. It gets stuck in your brain, my AP friends always laugh and make fun of me when I'm in or out of DL with them and I give directions. I cant help it, its a bad (well good really) habbit.

• 28:06:42:12

yeah, it does get stuck in your brain! I still do it to this day, and the first time I worked in the Park was 10 years ago.

I'm an AP now too, btw, even though I live about 6 hours away from DL. I wouldn't have it any other way! I'd like to think I'm not one of those APs who thinks they own the Park though.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.

• Minion

I was cleaning out the garage and came across my Disneyland CM handbooks from 13 years ago! I just have to laugh because I still to the hand technique and I get down on one knee to talk to children.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    I usually grab a schedule on the way in
    and almost always end up giving it to a
    very lost, confused and extremely grateful guest.
    Especially the ones thrilled to hear of the closest restroom
    and/or Baby Care Center!
    A happy AP

• Disney Nerd

as a current CM, I do all the time when I'm a guest in the park.

I also did when I was a pre-teen and teenage AP. it was kinda odd...

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by RU42
    Heck, I've never officially worn a DLR badge and I help people out every trip I make to the Parks.

RU
    I do the same, when I am able.

• 28:06:42:12

I remember one time, a fellow CM and I went to the Park to play for a day; we were standing by the gate (out of costume) talking to a CM who was working at the time when a tourist approached our friend to ask a question...immediately the 2 of us who were out of costume stepped in to help, forgetting that we were out of costume.

After an awkward second's hesitation, my friend and I had to laugh; by then it was so ingrained in us to help someone with a question that we'd totally forgotten we weren't there for work.

These days, I try not to butt in if a CM is answering a question.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.

• Minion

I find myself doing this everywhere. Today I went into work and found myself answering phones and signing people in. And I most always pick things off of the ground and put them back, even if I didn't drop them.

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    Honestly, every AP considers themself a "cast member". It's just to bad they seem to love giving out wrong information!
    CM's tend to give out wrong information, too. And if you value your health, you'll hold your tongue in micechat when it comes to "every" AP.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Rainicorn.

Yeah, when people ask me where the Matterhorn is I tell them they're in the wrong park.

Just kidding.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• insufferable know-it-all

Hey fellow former CMs: do you find that people seem to be able to tell that you can help them? Every now and again, I'll be in the park, and someone for whatever reason will assume I work there and ask for my help. Once a CM always a CM I suppose...

(then again, it's usually when I'm wearing a polo shirt, regardless of what I'm wearing it with..... stupid un-themed costumes...)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Traveler to the south

I was a CM in the Disney Stores but I still help whenever I can in the park...can't help it!!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• WDW FAN

Good CP Story

Ok, I had to post this eventhough I was a CP (college programer from wdw)

I was a CP at Ecpot, Liberty Inn ODF...

Dec 01, two friends and I had decided to dress up and have dinner in Canada, using our CM Holiday Celebration Coupon 50% off...After dinner we headed over to AA (American Adventure) for TAP. We were not in costume and not wearing name tags....out of the blue and lady walks up to us and asks us if we were CMs and started to talk about the Christmas Tree there where the fountain usually is.....Turns out she was a CM from DL and said that we had the CM look....

Anyway, I'm heading back to WDW as a MI (Management Internship) for Summer/Fall/Winter 2005, Food and Bev....

TTFN
    George

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12