Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Bugs Land vs Lion King Land

I have nothing against A Bugs Land at DCA (nor do I want to hear it criticised) since I work there. But I was watching The Lion King today and got to thinking how great a Lion King themed land would have been. I guess that's where the idea for Animal Kingdon at WDW got started, but something similar to Bugs Land would have been great. Lion King is such a fantastic movie I'm surprised no ride even came from it.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

• no flash photography...

Re: Bugs Land vs Lion King Land

My feelings are an entire land dedicated to one movie is to much...

From what I've seen and read the idea for Animal Kingdom stemmed from the jungle cruise and walts desire to have live animals present for guests to see.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post
    I have nothing against A Bugs Land at DCA (nor do I want to hear it criticised) since I work there. But I was watching The Lion King today and got to thinking how great a Lion King themed land would have been. I guess that's where the idea for Animal Kingdon at WDW got started, but something similar to Bugs Land would have been great. Lion King is such a fantastic movie I'm surprised no ride even came from it.

Hmm, the death of a father.

What a wonderful basis for a happy place, especially for kids.

in the name of realism I think they should also place giant, fake insecticide cans and pellets around Bugs Land.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Where exactly are you thinking a land based on The Lion King would go? Lands should be much broader in scope than one film, lest they eventually stagnate (Mickey's ToonTown). I really see no appropriate place for a land dedicated to The Lion King at the Disneyland Resort.

Disney's Animal Kingdom is also the wrong place for such a land. The lands at the park are much broader in their scope, featuring entire continents.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

California Adventure, featuring Condor Flat's, HPB, Paradise Pier, Golden State and The Lion King African Savannah.

Where is DCA supposed to represent?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    California Adventure, featuring Condor Flat's, HPB, Paradise Pier, Golden State and The Lion King African Savannah.

Potpourriland

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings View Post

I think a Lion King attraction would go better in Adventureland. Maybe pull a New Orleans Square and build a ride down in the basement under the shops.

Many years ago, I had an idea for an attraction down there. I always wanted a "Great Endangered Species Encounter" type thing in Adventureland. You could enter a theater for a preshow and it could have stairs and various levels of seats for the pre show, then you exit down by the screen in the theater, so you're one story lower than when you walked into the back of the theater. Then the ride could be under the Frontierland/Adventureland buildings.

A little late for the California Park unless they tear everything out and rebuild. But it could have worked in Hong Kong, or Paris or Tokyo.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Potpourriland
    Disneyland is the park that throws together every possible imaginable theme.

That's what makes it so unique and exciting. IMO it's also why DCA sucks, because DL already used up all the great ideas. Imagine if Adventureland, Frontierland or Tomorrowland were missing from Disneyland, and the second gate was a whole park dedicated to any of those three themes?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post

They could theme it to the San Diego zoo. So in other words, instead of visiting the REAL zoo, you can go to DCA and have "Lion King Land." It would be so California.

• I'm Flying High

I agree that one land is too much. I do think it would be cool to have a Pride Rock section of the third park.
    The daydream princess

• I'm baaaaccckkk!

Blog Entries

I dont know about The Lion King having its own land, but I think the Lion King would be a great dark-ride theme... or even a safari roller-coaster type attraction... I also would like to see an Aladdin ride, and a Little Mermaid ride....
    <3 Chloe

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

The Lion King having its own land would probably be too much, but I think it certainly deserves a good dark ride, best fit in the Africa area of Animal Kingdom. Jungle Book too should get a river adventure dark ride in Asia. (if disney wants to give more things for kids to ride, dinoland usa is not the answer).

A Bug's Land though really does offer itself to a slew of possibilities for a self contained land. The only problem with the one that exists is that it was executed and concieved poorly.

The only thing that was done incredibly well was "it's tough to be a bug", which made its debut under the Tree of Life in Animal Kingdom. Even when it premiered at DCA, A Bug's Land didn't even exist!

Imagine how cool a Heimlich Chew Chew train would be if it was more reminiscent of the old Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland... only everything was humongous and from a bug's point of view? Pass through a jungle of giant grass blades, see animatronics of characters from Bug's Life at the proper scale, encounter a MASSIVE bird as climax... it would make for a great D-ticket that the land most certainly needs. And best of all, guests of all ages can appreciate the scope of the attraction.

For Tuck & Roll... make that into a tame rollercoaster through a show-building designed to look like you're going through the circus act and through the flaming death. Before you exit the ride, you can have one or two flies yawn or cheer at your performance.

They can also throw in an actual "a bug's life" dark ride. An omnimover through the world of bugs... underground that is. Trek further down into the ant hill to meet Flik, Atta, the Queen... encounter Hopper and his gang, go to bug city... etc etc. This could be merged with the heimlich train idea too.

I dunno... those are just a few ideas where A Bug's Land could have some decent attractions that people would actually want to wait for. Any good movie can be made into an entire land... especially if it transports you to another world that isn't easily accessible. (little mermaid gets the full land treatment in Tokyo Disney Sea, but even they don't have a worthy ride for the film)

A Bug's Land should also serve to be more educational than it is, with a walk through of actual live bugs perhaps?

See signature below... Francis is very bored with the chew chew train ride.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• I'm A Disney Girl

I loathe bugs land/flicks fun fair. I had to work there and I just despised every last moment of it.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

I like your ideas Coheteboy!

I think Lion King has its fair share of entertainment and attractions that it has inspired around the world take for example-

The Lion King Celebration(now closed)
    Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable(Epcot)
    Festival of the Lion King(AK and HKDL)
    The Lengend of the Lion King (now closed)
    A scene in Philarmagic(MK and HKDL)
    A float in POD and DLP's new parade(DL and DLP)

Although many are smaller it is a look on how Lion King is in the parks just on a smaller side.

But if you want to see something really Cool take a look below-
    http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum...=22010&start=0
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It seems to me ever since Jeffrey Katzenberg left for DreamWorks Animation, they've been disinclined to really invest in attractions from that Michael and Jeffrey era. The second Disney golden era as it was known. That seems to be why they just pay small tribute to The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast and Lion King, with an occasional float or stage show but no Fantasyland attractions or Animal Kingdom dark rides.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast