Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile 4 or 5 days at DLR

We are currently arriving Friday, April 20th at DLR and have a 4 day park hopper. We have 2 children ages 7 and 9 who have never been to Disanyland. The current plan is to use the park hopper on Sat., Mon., Tue., and Thur. We have approximately 6 hours of meals and things also planned during these days. It is possible for us to start our park hopper mid afternoon on Friday. The question is should we add another day to our park hopper(which whould be the Friday) or should we keep to the 4 day and think of something else to do on the Friday? The cost of adding an extra day is not an issue. We are just worried that our children may get bored with that many days. Thanks in advance for any ideas that you may have. All will be apprecited!

• no flash photography...

Re: 4 or 5 days at DLR

I think 4 days is enough time.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I think four days is just about right.

From my own experience, the original plan of 2 days in the park simply wasn't enough. Due to a natural disaster (i.e. Hurricane Katrina) we spent longer in California than planned, and decided at the last minute to buy an additional 2 day Hopper pass. I'm so gald we did. It allowed just the right amount of time to do everything (and I mean everything) at least once, as well as taking time out to enjoy the parades; shows and fireworks without having to rush about like a mad fool.

I tend to agree with your reasoning that 5 days may be pushing it.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

I agree 4 days seem to be the perfect amount of time to see everything.
    "A pirates life for me"

Next trip to Disneyland April 3 to April 7 2011 For our second honneymoon and with out the kids.

• Loves Fajita!

Five days may be pushing it - but if you want the option incase you decide to go for a few hours I think the difference between a 4 or 5 day is only $5 more per ticket. I would still explore other options for the Friday - but have the extra day on your ticket as a back up - even if you spent the day elswhere and just used it for a few hours to see the fireworks in the evening you would still get your $5 worth.

** Oops I just checked the Disneyland site and they are $10 more each not $5 -
    Last edited by LLEBREKNIT; 03-04-2007 at 03:00 PM.

• Dreaming of Disney World

I would go explore Downtown Disney that day and just chill and swim in the pool at your hotel.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• Merry 2014!

I would add the fifth day. That way you can take daily breaks and still get to do everything you want. Would go a long way towards keeping your children smiling and happy, as well as yourselves.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by wvaligrl View Post
    We are currently arriving Friday, April 20th at DLR and have a 4 day park hopper. We have 2 children ages 7 and 9 who have never been to Disanyland. The current plan is to use the park hopper on Sat., Mon., Tue., and Thur. We have approximately 6 hours of meals and things also planned during these days. It is possible for us to start our park hopper mid afternoon on Friday. The question is should we add another day to our park hopper(which whould be the Friday) or should we keep to the 4 day and think of something else to do on the Friday? The cost of adding an extra day is not an issue. We are just worried that our children may get bored with that many days. Thanks in advance for any ideas that you may have. All will be apprecited!
    Have you already purchased your tickets? Did you purchase thru WDTC? If you have tickets already in hand and they are not from WDTC, if you go to the gate to upgrade, you will pay the difference between the 4 day park hopper you bought at discount and the full gate price, which is much more than $10. If you purchased thru WDTC, you need to go to the travel office by Compass Books and upgrade. If you bought thru getawaytoday.com, you need to contact them to upgrade and they charge a $25 fee to upgrade. If you bought thru AAA, go back to them to upgrade before you leave.

Personally, if you can upgrade to 5 days, I would. Even if you just go on Friday to see teh Fireworks and parade, its worth it.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Down Pluto!

Man - I went for two weeks and that still wasn't enough time. Wasn't bored for a minute. Ever. Nor were my kids...

Went after that for only three (and a half) days and felt VERY RUSHED! There was barely enough time to cover the basics.

But then some people get bored with more than ten minutes of anything. Different strokes... Your mileage may vary

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I went for two weeks and that still wasn't enough time.
    Are you talking about Disneyland? Two weeks sounds quite excessive! We went for four days in June the week PotC reopened, and we still rode the same rides over and over and over...

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    Are you talking about Disneyland? Two weeks sounds quite excessive! We went for four days in June the week PotC reopened, and we still rode the same rides over and over and over...
    ...well... and DCA.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

We go every other year for 5 days and it never seems to be enough. If you don't upgrade take tyler2cfhs suggestion of visiting Downtown Disney on Friday. The World of Disney store can take quite a while and there is always the ESPN Zone, Build a Bear, as well as other places to explore.

Have a great time!

• former CM

Three days!
    Skip the Friday evening and Sunday--too busy.
    On Sunday morning enjoy S. Cal roads at their least crowded and drive up to L.A. (the Getty, a studio tour) , down to S.D. (Escondido's Wild Animal Park, Sea World, or Balboa Park), across to Palm Springs (and take the tram and hike), or over to an Orange County beach.

Heed my advice or you will be haunted by the words of Ghosty 4 who wrote: "Are you talking about Disneyland? Two weeks sounds quite excessive! We went for four days in June the week PotC reopened, and we still rode the same rides over and over and over..."

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Three days!
    Skip the Friday evening and Sunday--too busy.
    On Sunday morning enjoy S. Cal roads at their least crowded and drive up to L.A. (the Getty, a studio tour) , down to S.D. (Escondido's Wild Animal Park, Sea World, or Balboa Park), across to Palm Springs (and take the tram and hike), or over to an Orange County beach.

Heed my advice or you will be haunted by the words of Ghosty 4 who wrote: "Are you talking about Disneyland? Two weeks sounds quite excessive! We went for four days in June the week PotC reopened, and we still rode the same rides over and over and over..."
    I was thinking the same thing. I would take those couple days and go to Hollywood, maybe Universal Studios. As for art museums, I prefer the Huntington Library and Gardens if you have children, as they have a nice interactive Children's Garden there. If the weather is warm the beach is always a nice place to go (Although the water will be COLD during April). Huntington Beach or Newport Beach would be the closest places to go -- only 20 minutes away.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I would take those couple days and go to Hollywood, maybe Universal Studios. As for art museums, I prefer the Huntington Library and Gardens if you have children, as they have a nice interactive Children's Garden there. If the weather is warm the beach is always a nice place to go (Although the water will be COLD during April). Huntington Beach or Newport Beach would be the closest places to go -- only 20 minutes away.
    Good call on The Huntington and O.Co. beaches!
    While Hollywood has been disappointing tourists for 40 years (though I liked the footprints), I think a drive through Beverly Hills on a Sunday morning might be more interesting for out-of-towners. And while in the area, some kids have fun eating at Ed DeBevics (SP?) on La Cienega (SP?)--it's the best 50s restaurant with obnoxious waiters I've been to, though I haven't been there in a few years and I think it was better at night.

I wrote this on Mouseplanet, but regarding 4 days at the Disney Resort, after going on the wonderful Soarin' for third time they may wish they had visited more of the places shown on the ride. And I don't think these places were shown, but they could hike at San Diego's Point Loma, and get splashed on the rocks at La Jolla. They could have a nice time riding bikes along the beach at Manhattan Beach or a weird time riding bikes at Venice beach.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast