Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: More Muppet Mobile Lab!

Here's another short MML video. I'm calling this one, "Hello, Polo Shirt."

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...77971650976194

• no flash photography...

I don't know who the muppets are. I know the main ones...kermit ms piggy...bert and ernie, but I have no idea who those two are. Are sesame street and the muppets the same? I'm confused.

From Wikipedia.org

The Muppets are a group of puppets and costume characters, and the company created by Jim Henson. Individually, a Muppet is properly one of the puppets made by Jim Henson or his Creature Shop – though the term is often used erroneously to refer to any puppet that resembles the distinctive style of The Muppet Show and Sesame Street characters, the term is both an informal name and legal trademark linked to the characters created by The Jim Henson Company. After frequently changing hands since the death of creator Jim Henson in 1990.

Famous Muppets include Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Rowlf the Dog, Beaker, Scooter, and Animal. The most widely known television shows featuring Muppets are Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, and The Muppet Show.

After earlier unsuccessful attempts, The Walt Disney Company finally bought the Muppets in 2004. Exceptions include characters appearing on Sesame Street (as they were previously sold to Sesame Workshop), the Fraggles of Fraggle Rock, along with the above-mentioned non-"Muppet"-brand characters.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I don't know who the muppets are. I know the main ones...kermit ms piggy...bert and ernie, but I have no idea who those two are. Are sesame street and the muppets the same? I'm confused.
    Technically, they are as they're both Henson creation, but they had their own shows... Sesame Street for the preschool kiddies and The Muppet Show for the more mature kids & adults. Kermit got his start on Sesame Street (well, even before that really) and then became the host of The Muppet Show, which also featured Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo and the other lunatics. There was a segment on The Muppet Show called "Muppet Labs" that was hosted by.... Dr Bunsen Honeydew and his assistant, Beaker. They did all sorts of zany experiments that put poor Beaker in bad situations.

Bert & Ernie make their home on Sesame Street along with Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Oscar, Elmo, Grover and the rest. But Bert & Ernie did make a cameo appearance on an episode The Muppet Show in its first season.

Get thy self to your local video store (or Netflix) and rent Season One of The Muppet Show. You'll be glad you did. It's total borderline insanity.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    Gasp!

Sesame Street was started years ago with Jim Henson and put under the umberella of Childrens Television Workshop, now known as Sesame Workshop. When The Muppets were sold to Disney, Sesame Street was not part of the deal. They are their own seperate entity. Kermit is the only Muppet who crossed over from Muppet TV shows and movies to Sesame Street. All the other muppet characters on Sesame Street, stay on Sesame Street. There have been a couple of cases where they have made "guest" appearance either in a movie or on a TV special.

Here is a good link on the history of Sesame Street:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sesame_Street

The other Muppets like Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo The Great, etc. were very popular back in the 70's when they had their own TV show. Right now that Show is available on DVD, but only season 1. Us Muppet fans are not so patiently waiting for season 2. In the 70's, 80's and a bit in the 90's, the Jim Henson Company made great movies like The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhatten. Also, Muppet Christmas Carol (my personal favorite and the first one made after Jim Henson passed away), Muppet Treasure Island and TV Specials like Muppets Wizard of Oz. You need to get some of these which are on DVD and aquaint yourself with some really good entertainment.

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his assistant Beaker made appearances on the Muppet TV Show and some movies. Dr. Honeydew always had some wild science experiment that usually went wrong, like blowing up and poor Beaker was usually in the middle of said failed experiment. But Dr. Honeydew was always optimistic and never gave up. His first name comes from a science term, Bunsen Burner, and the last name is because his head looks like a honeydew melon.

Here is a good link about him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Bunsen_Honeydew

Another video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...23041295254673

In this one the doctor is showing off what his transport device and Beaker can do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12