Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• CM for 4 years!

Merch/Pin Junkies -- HELP!!

Everyone collects a certain kind of merch. For Tic Toc Dragon, it's a lanyard full of Croc/Capt. Hook pins. For some people, it's Ariel or any Disney Princess.

I wanna start getting into this character collecting thing.

But the character I've "chosen" is a little hard to come by. Briar Rose. No, not Princess Aurora. I want Briar Rose merch/pins.

Anyone know anything about places where I could find some nice stuff with Briar Rose? I never see anything with Briar Rose, just Aurora. And the Aurora stuff I find is all cheaply made and in the pink dress (I prefer blue like Merryweather!) for little girls.

Fill me in, pin fanatics! I finally want to start collecting-- help me out!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Everyone collects a certain kind of merch. For Tic Toc Dragon, it's a lanyard full of Croc/Capt. Hook pins. For some people, it's Ariel or any Disney Princess.

I wanna start getting into this character collecting thing.

But the character I've "chosen" is a little hard to come by. Briar Rose. No, not Princess Aurora. I want Briar Rose merch/pins.

Anyone know anything about places where I could find some nice stuff with Briar Rose? I never see anything with Briar Rose, just Aurora. And the Aurora stuff I find is all cheaply made and in the pink dress (I prefer blue like Merryweather!) for little girls.

Fill me in, pin fanatics! I finally want to start collecting-- help me out!
    My girlfriend and I had this same conversation when looking for an AP holder. I don't affiliate with any one character, and I'm not sure if I want to start collecting pins.

I'm quite envious of TicTocDragon and his "themed" lanyard. Ever since I say his gold name tag, I thought he was quite the cool guy. Ah heck, I just wanna be like him!

• Puppy Cuddles

Excellent choice MelMel! I collect Aurora in her blue dress, so I know what you're going thru, although I've learned to expand if the pin is cute enough (I couldn't resist her on the gold carousel hourse). There's a Minnie pin where she's dressed up as Briar Rose. I thought that was pretty cute. There's also a really nice print I just bought at the print shop on Main Street of Briar Rose and Phillip dancing. Off the top of my head those are the only two I can think of they currently sell at the park. You might have to check around on Ebay though, if only to get an idea of what sort of stuff is out there.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Walt Disney Classics Collection has done a few pieces of Briar Rose/Aurora. Here's just one page that has a few of the pics. They did do a piece "Dance in the Clouds" with her in 2 different versions, both the pink and the blue dress. There is also another cute piece with her and the animals playing the part of Prince Phillip.

http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/wdcc25.htm

• Minion

Woo! Briar Rose is way superior to just plain old Aurora.

If I were you, I'd consider it a blessing that your character is hard to come by.

I have a small Mike Wazowski collection but it seems they put out most of his pins at WDW, which limits me to eBay.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Nice choice for your collection.

I personally only collect attraction and restaurant pins that do not feature any characters on them. it seems that those are starting to get harder to come by a little more each time I visit the parks.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Disney Nerd

melmel, that's awesome. i'm a crazy huge sleeping beauty fan, i collect both the aurora & briar rose...but she is tough to find.

i suggest ebaying it, if your willing. that's what i do. but be careful it can get super addicting...

she's a hard one to find though, out of my 35 sleeping beauty pins, only 4 are briar rose.

good luck!

• Artsy Fartsy

melmel try dizpins.com they have a large selection. If that dosn't work theres always eBay.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I'm quite envious of TicTocDragon and his "themed" lanyard. Ever since I say his gold name tag, I thought he was quite the cool guy. Ah heck, I just wanna be like him!
    The only problem is if you like them you are afraid to lose them so get the locking pin backs!

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal
    melmel, that's awesome. i'm a crazy huge sleeping beauty fan, i collect both the aurora & briar rose...but she is tough to find.

i suggest ebaying it, if your willing. that's what i do. but be careful it can get super addicting...

she's a hard one to find though, out of my 35 sleeping beauty pins, only 4 are briar rose.

good luck!
    I'm a big Sleeping Beauty fan too!! But I'm SOOOO sick of all the Princess Aurora only stuff!

I just bought a shirt at the Clothiers/Braserrie on Main Street with Briar Rose in the forest with all her woodland friends... I was so excited to find it! Non-princess Sleeping Beauty merch!

When I was a kid, I would just watch Sleeping Beauty on loop. Was one of the few things to shut me up until after The Little Mermaid came out on video, and even after that, it was Sleeping Beauty a lot! To this day, I love it. Plus, Tchychovsky is great.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• OM NOM NOM

This may be heresy to ask, but...

Who is Briar Rose?
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

I personally collect Piglet pins, and I have about 20 i guess. I only get to the park once a year so I dunno if they release more then 1 a year of him. I have only seen 2 briar rose pins before. I think one she had a bird on her hand up in the air, I think i saw that on ebay. Ebay kick azz for Disney stuff. I have gotten half my piglet pins there.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara
    This may be heresy to ask, but...

Who is Briar Rose?
    Briar Rose is Sleeping Beauty, but non-Princess-ized. It's the name that the three good fairies give her while they act as her guardian to protect her from Maleficent.

Anyways. Also now considering collecting Tarzan/Jane pins!

This is becoming dangerous!~

Important Question: Are "Disney" pins made in Spain? I don't want to buy unofficial "fantasy" pins and have them taken away or anything. What country are all the pins made in. I know that Marina told me that anything made in Germany is a fantasy pin. Any more info on that?
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• OM NOM NOM

There is a spanish pin company named Sedesma that makes knockoff Disney pins. They are rather obvious, as they are painted instead of laquered. The most common Sedesma pins are a series of Incredibles pins, with each character in a circle with "The Incredibles" written on the bottom(Though the parents' pins says "Mr." and "Mrs.").

A good CM will not accept Sedesma pins, but no one will take them from you.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara
    There is a spanish pin company named Sedesma that makes knockoff Disney pins. They are rather obvious, as they are painted instead of laquered. The most common Sedesma pins are a series of Incredibles pins, with each character in a circle with "The Incredibles" written on the bottom(Though the parents' pins says "Mr." and "Mrs.").

A good CM will not accept Sedesma pins, but no one will take them from you.
    I didn't know that you knew about pins!!

Good things to know, thanks for answering.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast