Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Has anyone actually seen John Lasseter at Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1985 View Post
    I saw John Lasseter, Ed Grier and tony baxter going through the exit of Rockin' space mountain in early January. I quickly grabbed my aunt who had a camera and waited for them to come out! After several discouraging minutes and a breakdown I saw their On Ride Photo. John was smiling like a kid in a candy store. I quickly snapped the photo and as got photos of all of them. John was very personal and happy to take the photo he started to talk about the Exciting submarines and how he used to work here and all that.
    Wow! I would love to talk with Tony Baxter and John Lasseter. I think though if I saw them I would be too afraid or in awe or nervous to say anything just like have my mouth open like do you know who you are. I would love to see the pictures.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfnatc View Post
    Wow! I would love to talk with Tony Baxter and John Lasseter. I think though if I saw them I would be too afraid or in awe or nervous to say anything just like have my mouth open like do you know who you are. I would love to see the pictures.
    Both Tony and John are very approachable and enjoy talking with the fans. If you ever see them, either separately or together, introduce yourself and let them know how much you appreciate their efforts to return the parks to quality. They love hearing this stuff.

Both are fighting the good fight to return Walt's values to WDI. I get the sense that they feel like the Lone Ranger and Tonto at times, regarding their efforts. More than ever, they need to know they're not alone in wanting this to happen.

So screw up your courage and show your support, if you ever have the good fortune of seeing them. You'll be very glad you did!

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    Both Tony and John are very approachable and enjoy talking with the fans. If you ever see them, either separately or together, introduce yourself and let them know how much you appreciate their efforts to return the parks to quality. They love hearing this stuff.

Both are fighting the good fight to return Walt's values to WDI. I get the sense that they feel like the Lone Ranger and Tonto at times, regarding their efforts. More than ever, they need to know they're not alone in wanting this to happen.

So screw up your courage and show your support, if you ever have the good fortune of seeing them. You'll be very glad you did!

Thanks

I met Tony through a mutual friend at Disneyland in '01.

He graciously took us to dinner at Club 33 and afterwards took us on a stroll around FL/NOS.

As we were walking, I noticed people noticing us. It was subtle at first but then the stares turned into stragglers and the stragglers became a throng of hangers on. It was really quite surreal. People's faces took on that "beatific" kind of thing like when adoring worshippers look upon a saint or the Virign Mary. I had the sudden realization that this MUST HAVE been similar to when Walt walked the park. People just stopped and stared in a kind of "I can't believe it's HIM!" look.

Some of the bolder people started asking questions, which Tony was kind enough to answer. I was lucky I had him all to myself, however and it wasn't long before were whisked off to our own private "onboard commentary" on Indy, complete with a look at the hidden control room.

A VERY nice man.

• Comin' at ya!

He looks like such an awesome person.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Anyone have any pics of John?
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 與W View Post
    Anyone have any pics of John?
    allyou have to do is go to Post number 12 on this Thread and See a picture of John Lasseter

right now no one have a new photo of John.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day 榣 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Quote Originally Posted by akfandisney View Post
    allyou have to do is go to Post number 12 on this Thread and See a picture of John Lasseter

right now no one have a new photo of John.
    Oh, my bad. It wasn't coming up last night, but now I see it...
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Boswain on the Explorer

Seen him. He rode my boat 7 times on May 4th getting ready for the maiden voyage of the gold boat ( the Congo Queen). Great Guy he was a old skipper himself and gave me some great advice and used one of my jokes on the cruise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123