Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• 88 mph

Re: Is the Grand Canyon a little too dated?

So you're saying you want to kill everything Walt wanted huh.

how cruel. =P

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

I think they should update the AA and music in both the Grand Canyon scenes. i also like the idea of udsing them to make two new rides in that area. Tomorrowland could really use a new or orginal ride.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post

Trust me...the Grand Canyon hasn't changed appearance in the last 500 years...let alone the last 50.
    My guess is that the Primeval World hasn't changed that much in the last 50 years either although I wish those dinosaurs could produce some more fossil fuel and maybe bring the cost of gasoline down a bit.

--Barry

Back on topic: I say leave the Disneyland RR attraction as is.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Skipper View Post
    i also like the idea of udsing them to make two new rides in that area. Tomorrowland could really use a new or orginal ride.
    Impossible. Then thered be no place for CM's and equipment to travel. There are ALOT of things between the Diarama and the back of Space Mountain.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

The "Grand Canyon" diorama really doesn't make much sense, anymore. When the Disneyland Railroad was presented by Santa Fe, the tableau made an appropriate conclusion to the Grand Circle Tour because of the Santa Fe's relationship to Arizona's great natural wonder. But, now, there really isn't a point to the display. It detracts from the overall effectiveness and coherence of the D.R.R.'s tour of The Magic Kingdom.

I would like to see elements from the "Grand Canyon" diorama resynthesized in Frontierland, instead. For example, Ferde Grofe's "Grand Canyon Suite" would make appropriate area music there.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 03-05-2007 at 09:57 PM.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post

how cruel. =P
    I had no idea walt wanted a stagnant park. I always thought he wanted it to change and grow...but maybe imagination isn't left in the world....

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I had no idea walt wanted a stagnant park. I always thought he wanted it to change and grow...but maybe imagination isn't left in the world....
    Yup which is why we still have Jungle Cruise!

-Adidas

Yup which is why we still have Jungle Cruise!
    I guess, it's not my favorite ride, but young kids seem to like it.

• Done waiting!!

IMHO the grand canyon needs a loop.

Seriously just update the AAs and add some new effects, especially to the matte paintings, and we're good.
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I guess, it's not my favorite ride, but young kids seem to like it.
    I'm just not a fan of Disney imagination at this point of time. If things like Pooh and Hista is something the Disney future consists of or repeats from other parks, give me the oldies yet original any time.

I know you all will hate me for saying this, but I seriously think this Nemo sub FAD will die out in 2 years.

-Adidas

• Why do you keep talking?

how cruel. =P
    If it's that boring yes.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

I know you all will hate me for saying this, but I seriously think this Nemo sub FAD will die out in 2 years.
    if it does they can always make nemo flounder and stick a mermaid in it...then they have a whole new ride...

• DCA lover

I find the dioramas fun and nostalgic, even if they are "dated". It is one of the few "educational"-type attractions left. Everything with substance is getting replaced with pirates, princesses, some retarded corporate sponsored drivel and the like, at this point in time, I have no faith in DL designers to come up with anything more than some pop-culture marketing gimmick.
    So, the dioramas should stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    My guess is that the Primeval World hasn't changed that much in the last 50 years either
    I don't think that you were being serious, but...Actually, a lot of new information has been found out about dinosaurs. A new primeval world diorama could at least see the sauropods get an update in their backs (including neck and tail) being straightened out a bit, since people used to think that they dragged their tails, but paleontologists now think that they were somewthat stiff and used as a counterbalance to their long neck. I can't really remember any of the other dinosaurs well enough to think if they would need updates too.

And as far as the whole Grand Canyon diorama goes, it would be nice to see a little more animatronic action, but the train goes by fast enough that the static state isn't really that noticable...Plus the music is fun.
    Visited: DL Dec. 1989, Dec. 1992, Dec. 1995, WDW Jan. 1999, DL March 2001,
    WDW Jan. 2005, DL Jan. 2006, Nov. 2006, Dec. 2012, WDW Feb. 2013
    Got Engaged at the Blue Bayou January 6, 2006!

As already mentioned, putting anything besides a showscene back there would be logistically impossible. There is no hope of a ride ever being there and you would know this if you ever were backstage in that area.

But the current diaramas definitely need to be replaced.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast