Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 3/4: Mobile Muppets!, Sub Lagoon, Tom Sawyer Island, Frontierland, +MORE

I tried out my new 7.2 Megapixel Casio Exilim digital camera yesterday at Disneyland. Thanks to all the MiceChatters who recommended the camera to me in my past update. So far - I'm very pleased with this camera!

Anyway, let's get to the update

WELCOME TO DISNEYLAND
    We were greeted with this sign at the Mickey & Friends structure, and when we got to the entrance, it appeared that we were one of the last few cars to squeeze through. The entire structure was full, and they were filling up the rest of the Pinocchio lot, and then they were probably going to send the rest of the cars for the day to the overflow Lion King lots, like Pumbaa.

One of the old Parking Lot trams was parked in the Pinocchio lot:

MUPPET MOBILE LAB
    When we got past the security check we weren't sure where to head first - I knew I needed to get to the Rivers of America to get Tom Sawyer shots before sundown (it was already approaching 3pm), so we started heading towards Disneyland. But then I remembered that the Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker were doing test runs of their new mobile lab at DCA. So we headed over there. We were pleased to see that we lucked out and got to see the Lab in action:

Snow! Er, bubbles!

We saw some friendly MiceChat faces including the likes of Fishbulb and Dustysage as well as Sadako. After chatting a bit, we headed over to Disneyland...

TOM SAWYER ISLAND
    Disney's gotten smart and has started launching the first runs of the Columbia or Mark Twain around sundown, to avoid many shots of Island construction on the internet. When we got to the Columbia, we were told the Sailing Ship was only open as a walk-through exhibit today. Later in the evening (after it was too dark for photos), we noticed that the ship had indeed started sailing, despite CMs telling us earlier that it wouldn't be sailing at all on Sunday.

The area where the barrel and suspension bridges were is getting a lot of attention and glimpses of the work can be seen from across the river over by Big Thunder Mountain.

The Disney gallery is getting its new exhibit installed...

And a busy Pirates had to bust out its extended queue:

REFURBING THE FRONTIER
    The old Mine Train bridge area is still under camo netting... it looks like the rockwork might have gotten a facelift... but its still hard to tell:

This area by the entrance to the Big Thunder Ranch petting zoo is behind construction walls. The cabin/shack front that was there before is completely gone... I wonder what is planned for this little corner...

A look behind the walls:

(STILL) BUILDING NEMO
    A look inside the lagoon:

The lighting fixtures for the poorly-placed Autopia drivers license photo booths were finally installed:

THIS & THAT
    The castle is still getting its sectional refurb:

The sunset from the Hollywood Pictures Backlot in DCA

The lighting and decor at Rancho del Zocalo is really nice, too bad the food is terrible:

The Matterhorn with the glow of the fireworks going off nearby

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Market House:

Disneyana on Main Street had a sign announcing the Pirates 40th Anniversary merchandise event:

The new Pirate Minnie big fig is now available and its a nice compliment to the Pirate Mickey piece. However, peoplemover1 pointed out to me that when next to eachother, Minnie looks a bit smaller in scale to Mickey. But overall, the piece is very nice.

Pirate Minnie's flickering lantern is much better placed than Pirate Mickey's lantern:

The treasure map!

....Alllllright.. That's it for this time. Hope you enjoyed the pictures

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 3/4: Mobile Muppets!, Sub Lagoon, Tom Sawyer Island, Frontierland, +

Nice thanks for the pics.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 3/4: Mobile Muppets!, Sub Lagoon, Tom Sawyer Island, Frontierland, +

MG! You were there and I didn't get to meet you? Great pics by the way. The Matterhorn shot is awesome.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

I agree that looks sweet nice job.

• Banned User

Awesome report!

Can anyone spot the hidden mickey?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• SpitSpot!

I really like your perspective of Main Street Buildings. Nice report!
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Those pictures are awesome. What a terrific camera. They are so crisp, clear and the color so brillant. Great job MG!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

I love the full moon over Toad Hall:

An I can't see a hidden Mickey but that stone face has one heckofa booger...
    How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    MG! You were there and I didn't get to meet you? Great pics by the way. The Matterhorn shot is awesome.
    Sorry!

And thank you I'm lovin' the camera!

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    Those pictures are awesome. What a terrific camera. They are so crisp, clear and the color so brillant. Great job MG!
    Thanks I recommend this camera for novice/amatuer photographers - its a great little point-and-shoot camera, all of its features work pretty well, and the anti-shake feature is pretty dang good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    [center]

Can anyone spot the hidden mickey?
    no where is it?

• Disneyholic

Your pictures are incredible.
    Very unique shots.

• Premium Youngling and

Great update! I reccomended that camera BTW! I love mine soo much!

Great pics, thanks for sharing
    love the Matterhorn pic

Is this a Hidden Mickey?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast