Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Take the Picture

78 58.21%
  • Don't Take the Picture

56 41.79%
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Red Face What's Everyone's Take On Taking Photographs of Celebs In Disneyland?

If I saw a celeb, TV or screen, local or reality star, I'd snap a few photos, not just one. It's a memory for me and I don't want to treat them like an "attraction" but they are in one of the most photographed areas of the world. Cameras are everywhere, I hope they wouldn't mind me taking a few shots... but then again, me plus the next person and the next 50 people, well, that's alot of fotos.

What do you all think/feel about this celeb photo issue inside Disneyland?

• "Always On The Move..."

Re: What's Everyone's Take On Taking Photographs of Celebs In Disneyland?

My feelings are that they are there to enjoy the park like everyone else... and to give them some private time. So, I'm one of those that would have to vote, don't take the pic. Just know you saw them and enjoy the moment.

It's like you said..."[you], the next person, and the next 50" and so on...
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Kevin's a girl?

If it's like a concert at Disneyland for say, celebrities like Aly and AJ, of course I would snap photos. They're asking for it.

But if a celebrity was going to Disneyland for with family or friends, I would try my best not to take a photo. Because I believe they are just regular people who want to enjoy the park like everyone else, like what AlohaStitch said.

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

• living to haunt

Do I walk up and ask for a photo, no. Do I keep my distance and shoot a couple of frames for my personal album, yes. Do I try and get a shot of their family, no. Do I zoom in and take just the "star" with something to show where I saw them at, yes. The stars as people have their right to a moment in public without people in their faces for photos. The stars as "stars" also have to remember without these people they would not be stars. IMHO

• 88 mph

I have to disagree. They knew what they would get by taking the role of a Celebrity. Snap em all you want its a free country. If they cared as much they would rent the park out to themselves. lol

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

If they're there on "business" then by all means ask them politely if they wouldn't mind a photo. But if they are there as a paying guest, then leave them the heck alone to enjoy their time out. Why do people go to DL? To enjoy a bit of escapism, let them escape too. They are people too you know.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Near enough to disneyland to love the fireworks...

I'm going to have to go with definitely don't take the picture. You'll attract the paparazzi, which disneyland has definitely had a problem with!

David Beckham was in the park not too long ago, and there were cameramen (non-disney) dogging his every move. Even going so far as to climb through planters and run over children, strollers, and generally create mayhem in crowded areas of the park. They stormed through many a show, almost ran down one of the Jazz musicians in NOS.

Don't take the picture!!

• Closed Account

Do you really have such an interest in a person who isn't a member of your own family that you need to take their picture? I mean really, what's the point? Can't you find enough photos of celebrities in the Enquirer to satisfy your need to have their image close at hand?

Sorry...I just don't understand the need to take photos of "celebrities."
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 03-06-2007 at 06:08 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I say if you can do it discreetely without interrupting their day, take the shot...especially if you have a telephoto lens and are not obstucting the walkway, etc. I think the irritation for celebs is that people will constantly interrupt them with autograph requests, etc. I think they realize that if they go to a public place like the DLR that 40 shots of them will be on the internet by the time they get home and they would exect that. If they go to Disneyland in spite of this, most of them wouldn't care.

• DCA lover

Hehe, considering the glut of inane photos of everything from the bathrooms, sheds, and pieces of trash, you'd think there'd be more support for "Yes! take the picture!" on here.
    My take, pics from somewhere discretely across the way, if you see the celebrity, go for it. Don't bother them or climb in planters or up trees to get your shot. It's crass.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Personally, I would ask If I could take the picture with them. Come on! They are in an industry that puts them in the limelight. It's because of US that they are popular and in the celebrity status - so throw us a bone and pose in a quick little snapshot with us. It's how you KEEP fans, you know.

I remember what William Holden said in an episode of "I Love Lucy" - while it was scripted, it made so much sense. The waiter told Mr. Holden that he'd move him to another table because Lucy (and Ethel) were gawking at him while he tried to order/eat. He said, "Don't worry about it - it's when they STOP looking - that's when I'll worry."

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    They are in an industry that puts them in the limelight. It's because of US that they are popular and in the celebrity status - so throw us a bone and pose in a quick little snapshot with us. It's how you KEEP fans, you know.
    What he says.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Disneyholic

Totally agree with Disneyland Daddy.
    It's when the public stops caring about celebs is when they end up on Dancing with the Stars or the Surreal Life.
    Come on a celeb is a terrible thing to waste.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

By the way - my wife and I were at the park on March 2 for our 5th Anniversary.

When we were leaving, we saw Patrick Labrateaux (sp?). He played Andy Garvey on "Little House on the Prairie" and Lt. Bud Roberts on "JAG".

He was there with his wife and kids - pushing a stroller by the tram loading area - taking the walk path back to the structure.

My wife and I wanted to snap a shot with him, but time was too late by the time we found the camera.

• up to no good

Knowing they are there to enjoy the park.. I would take the picture but at distant giving them space.

(hope this make sense)
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast