Page 13 of 135 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516233863113 ... LastLast

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: Long-forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect?

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Back to the dualing pictures in the ball room. I did read that the painting on the right lost the dual. It was mentioned that you could actually see him losing briefly by a move he made. Since reading that I have watched intently to see if that was the case. I, for the life of me, can't see the one gun-toting ghost lose. Anyone else know anything about this??
    The first I heard of this was on GRD's blog (http://ghostrelationsdept.blogspot.c..._archive.html). Since then there have been a couple of confirmations about this posted on the DB messageboards. The most significant is this one from wdwcaretaker:

Let me confirm. They are both ghosts who were once people who eventually died. Only one dueler in the attraction dies. As you face them from your Pod, the one on the right is killed by the one on the left. If you all had the opportunity to attend the repair of said ghosts, that fact could be easily proven. The one on the right tilts his head to the side when he is shot. This movement cannot be observed from where you are, but it is there. Take my word for it.
    http://p080.ezboard.com/Guys-with-th...cID=6630.topic

wdwcaretaker is a long-time WDW employee and maintenance guy at the HM, a rock-solid source for this kind of thing.

It seems that the Imagineers put a move into this AA that turned out to be virtually undetectable by riders. I'm sure they didn't plan it to be that way, since that's a lot of extra work for nothing more than an inside joke. Just one of those things.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great info HBG2!

Again, I love any HM trivia. I'm currently reading a book on POTC, so info about HM isn't fresh in my mind. However, any info, theories, scoop or general HM notables are fantastic. Glad to have you and GRD999 adding to the discussion.

Chad

Thanks. Here's one more, for the hypertrivia fan:

You know those "stars" in the sky above the raven in the tree as you descend to the graveyard? I'm 99% certain they were not there originally. They were added in the early 70's. I remember clearly both my brother and I saying, "Hey, wow, those are new!" the first time we saw them.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Thanks. Here's one more, for the hypertrivia fan:

You know those "stars" in the sky above the raven in the tree as you descend to the graveyard? I'm 99% certain they were not there originally. They were added in the early 70's. I remember clearly both my brother and I saying, "Hey, wow, those are new!" the first time we saw them.
    I was just thinking that the other day. The stars are only above the trees, but nowhere else in the graveyard. I was wondering why...

• Grim Grinning Ghost

I dont know if someone has already mentioned this, but recently they came out with the Haunted Mansion comic book series at 5 issues which pretty much tells the story of every character in the HM. From the guy in the coffin that can "barely contain himself", the bearded HHG, to the caretaker, and of course Master Gracey (ghost host) himself. I own all of them so maybe if I have time this weekend I'll scan and post some of them-

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I dont know if someone has already mentioned this, but recently they came out with the Haunted Mansion comic book series at 5 issues which pretty much tells the story of every character in the HM. From the guy in the coffin that can "barely contain himself", the bearded HHG, to the caretaker, and of course Master Gracey (ghost host) himself. I own all of them so maybe if I have time this weekend I'll scan and post some of them-

Please do Beowolf! I occasionally see haunted mansion comic books on ebay and they seem surprisingly inexpensive. I don't want to buy it on ebay and find out it was a 1998 McDonalds Happy meal insert. If there is a link to what the covers look like so I make sure I get original stuff it would be greatly appreciated.

Gracias,
    Chad

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Awesome! Thanks a boatload. Nice to see something I'd love to have is dirt cheap!

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I'm not sure about scanning and posting a whole comic book, which could be crossing the line, legally. I don't suppose Micechat wants to get tangled up with copyright infringement issues.

Just sayin'.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

The comic series was premiered last year. My comic book nerd friend told me about it, knowing about how much I adored the ride....

There is a webpage I found somewhere last year that had a bunch of HM "arts and crafts" on it, including how to make your own attic bride and hatbox ghost. If anyone has the link to that page--I recently searched all over, actually ending up here, that's how I joined MC--it would be much appreciated.
    dreams. come. true.

Quote Originally Posted by BellhopPrincess View Post
    The comic series was premiered last year. My comic book nerd friend told me about it, knowing about how much I adored the ride....

There is a webpage I found somewhere last year that had a bunch of HM "arts and crafts" on it, including how to make your own attic bride and hatbox ghost. If anyone has the link to that page--I recently searched all over, actually ending up here, that's how I joined MC--it would be much appreciated.
    That's doombuggiesproductions.com, but unfortunately, the site closed down last year permanently.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

As for the duelists, you can check out the head tilt movement if you watch the Osmonds Special. There is just a quick movement of the head, kinda hard to notice sadly .

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeafY6FLwSA[/youtube]

You can see the slight movement of the duelst on the lefts head when they turn out.

• Haunted Mansion Fanatic

I saw the movement.. It is a very small movement, but to me, it doesn't look like a movement that depicts someone being shot in the head. The movement is so insignificant, almost like theres a screw loose and his head tilted because of the motion of the AA. (There's a specific name for that, isn't there? I just can't remember)
    Haunted Mansion Caretaker 2006

[youtube]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/amRH05vuZ-c"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/amRH05vuZ-c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/amRH05vuZ-c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/youtube]

You know, I have to agree with LC. Unless there is documentation that the Imagineers intended that little movement to indicate a gunshot wound, I'd say it's inconclusive at best. If he were hit in the head, we'd expect it to tilt back, or if he were hit in the abdomen, we'd expect a forward curling movement. The little sideways tilt looks like a normal human movement to me.

Just my two cents.