Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 12345122752102 ... LastLast

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Long-forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect?

Quote Originally Posted by WeloveDisney View Post
    Does anyone remember in the 80s when you are going through the room of doors and hallways, a knight in armor jumping out and putting his arm or sword in the buggy? I distinctly remember this as a kid, it was a real person standing in the corner in armor, after the buggy turns so you are moving backwards. To this day, I have to sit so when the buggy turns, I am on the left hand side incase he's back.

It only happened one time and I've never about it since, but does anyone else know about this?
    OMG. I'll never forget. One time I was riding and my doombuggy was moving backward and all of a sudden this knight jumps from behind, right in front of my face. I instinctively screamed at the top of my lungs, "Oh, S***!" And he made a shushing motion because of my vulgarity. And that got me even more upset because I didn't ask to get the crap scared out of me! It was an automatic reflex... I should have complained to City Hall if I knew about that back in those days!

Wow, thanks for the great link! Neat discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    One time I was riding and my doombuggy was moving backward and all of a sudden this knight jumps from behind, right in front of my face. I instinctively screamed at the top of my lungs, "Oh, S***!"
    His nickname was "Oh S***!" because that's what so many people used to scream out when he scared them! I think someone was going to make him an "Oh S***" nametag at one point.

The live actor appeared in some other guises as well, but the suit of armor was most commonly used.

• Banned User

Where can the Hatbox ghost be spotted?

• Neep meep beep

Only in your nightmares, son.

• Inhospitable about happy

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Where can the Hatbox ghost be spotted?
    If you were lucky enough to ride the HM within the first weeks of its opening in August of 1969, you would have seen this ghost in the attic. The lighting never worked quite right, and so they removed him. He's been a legend ever since.

(gif created by: http://myspace.com/maddartist )

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    If you were lucky enough to ride the HM within the first weeks of its opening in August of 1969, you would have seen this ghost in the attic. The lighting never worked quite right, and so they removed him. He's been a legend ever since.

(gif created by: http://myspace.com/maddartist )
    So you cant see him anymore?

• Beach Expert

HBG2...

The "new" bride that is in the corner of the attic. Everytime my doombuggy goes by I swear her head turns toward me as it goes by (like the busts do at the end of the hallway leading from the stretching gallery). Is this effect created in a similar fashion to these busts? Or is it just coincidence that I am always in the doombuggy that her eyes follow? (if this is the case then I will be really creeped out!)

• A Ghost at Disneyland

Nah, she's just coming for you. If you start having nightmares about her, then I'd be worried.....

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Does anyone remember in the 80s when you are going through the room of doors and hallways, a knight in armor jumping out and putting his arm or sword in the buggy? To this day, I have to sit so when the buggy turns, I am on the left hand side incase he's back.
    Me too! I'm totally traumatized still.
    A signature should go here.

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    So you cant see him anymore?
    Nope. Gone. (But not forgotten.)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    HBG2...

The "new" bride that is in the corner of the attic. Everytime my doombuggy goes by I swear her head turns toward me as it goes by (like the busts do at the end of the hallway leading from the stretching gallery). Is this effect created in a similar fashion to these busts? Or is it just coincidence that I am always in the doombuggy that her eyes follow? (if this is the case then I will be really creeped out!)
    She's just a plain white dummy, like a mannequin, with a projected image on her. Basically the same as the singing busts in the graveyard, Madame Leota, and "Little Leota" ("Hurry baaa--aack") at the end. Just a filmed human figure. Whenever she's looking at the camera, she will always looks like she's looking at you, even when you're off to one side. Just like any photograph.

Does anyone remember in the 80s when you are going through the room of doors and hallways, a knight in armor jumping out and putting his arm or sword in the buggy?
    Too bad refrigerator magnets weren't as commonplace back then as they are now. Could have had some fun "decorating" the Knight as you passed by.

Does anyone remember in the 80s when you are going through the room of doors and hallways, a knight in armor jumping out and putting his arm or sword in the buggy? I distinctly remember this as a kid, it was a real person standing in the corner in armor, after the buggy turns so you are moving backwards. To this day, I have to sit so when the buggy turns, I am on the left hand side incase he's back.

It only happened one time and I've never about it since, but does anyone else know about this?
    It's not likely that they will ever bring the Knight back. You can read more about his short career in the Mansion here: http://www.doombuggies.com/insiders_clark.htm

I only saw him once, but it was great.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Interesting...

Perhaps the Hatbox Ghost will someday make a comeback with Constance's story and all...or maybe it's just a "nod" to him.

I'm glad the live knight isn't there anymore. I don't like people scaring me...and my automatic reflex is to hit them with my purse (as is what happened to the poor actor).

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I'm glad the live knight isn't there anymore. I don't like people scaring me...and my automatic reflex is to hit them with my purse (as is what happened to the poor actor).
    The Knight was brought back for a special event for the Mansion's 30th anniversary in 1999. They also had other live actors throughout the Mansion for the event. There are brief video loops here: http://www.doombuggies.com/media_video.htm

Although this is from 1999, the clip of the Knight gives you a good idea what he looked like when he was a regular feature of the Mansion for a brief time in the mid-80's. Kinda nice for those who never saw him.

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    Interesting...

Perhaps the Hatbox Ghost will someday make a comeback with Constance's story and all...or maybe it's just a "nod" to him.
    The relatively new effect of the shadow ghost playing the piano in the attic... That kind of looks like he could be the hatbox ghost. Anyone have any info on this?