Page 54 of 135 FirstFirst ... 42944515253545556576479104 ... LastLast

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Re: Long-forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect?

I think the main problem, and again, this is in current day situation as opposed to back then, is that people could know where the strings are and try to grab one and wrap it around their fingers or something. Instead of the string breaking, it could cause potential damage.

Aashee, I don't think its creepy to take a doombuggy ride with anyone. In fact, there was one guy I met during HMH, we rode around several times, both of us giving knowledge about mansion and things. He had a camcorder with him. I know he was a pretty big Disney nut and stuff though. We just shared quite a bit of info about the ride with each other. Fun times. YAY MANSION!

• Inhospitable about happy

Everyone knows Haunted Mansion fans are fanatical obsessives, right? You can't change the tiniest thing at the HM without it being noticed and sparking discussions at Doombuggies.com or fan blogs, right? Wrong.

Exhibit A

Here's what the HHG's looked like originally, and still looked like until at least the 90's:

And here's what they look like today (photo from Davelandweb):

http://davelandweb.com/hauntedmansion/

You'd think such dramatic hairstyle changes in such an iconic group would spark some discussion, right? Pthhh. I can't even find evidence that anyone even noticed it. There was a long stretch of many years in which I didn't go to DL, so this change struck me like a ton of bricks, but all I got was, "Gee, hadn't noticed" comments.

Exhibit B

Here are a couple of pictures of the original teaparty gang:

And here's some shots taken by DaddyB last year:

http://www.visionsfantastic.org/dadd..._16_Update.htm

When did "Jimmy Durante" go skinhead? More importantly, when did the woman on the hearse get crowned queen? I ask, and all I get is, "Gee, hadn't noticed."

Fanatics? Pthh.

Believe me, I've noticed all that stuff

HBG2, I'm not too sure that's a crown.....what makes you say that? Does a crown have a bird on it?

Speaking of which, does that bird move?! I've seen concept art of a ghostly hunter with gun in hand and his tiger skin carpet bitting his rump and starting thinking......What about this lady's bird? It was killed to be put in her hat, so shouldn't it have new "life" in death?

fyi, that's the dreaded captain to the right on the last picture HBG2 posted.

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

You know, as much as I hear the man on the rock referred to as the Sea Captain... meh. I don't believe it. He doesn't match the mariner portrait in the Sinister 11 or anything like that... In fact, he more matches his Marc Davis concept art where he was almost a Robin Hood style character.

As for the bird on the hat, nope, doesn't move. It is no more. It has ceased to be! The only thing keeping it there are the nails driven through its feet.

It's pining for the fjords.

You know, I'm positively relieved. I'll take you guys' words for it that it's only her birdy hat, but from that angle it sure looks like this style of crown:

Fooled DaddyB too. He called her a "queen." LOL

Now can Ezra get a haircut, PLEASE?

That's crazy. They pay attention to every detail and when someone goes "How about the tea party gal has a bird in it's hat" no one ever thought to say "Heh, perfect for a gag! Make it move because it is dead too".....

I've been coming up with ghosts (ok....is that wierd?) and one of them was a woman much like the one sitting on the hearse. Her hat keeps lifting away due to the bird but it gets tired and falls back on her head. She carries on a conversation with the person beside her, unknowing that the dead fox "boa" is slurping down some of her tea. All the while her alligator purse is snapping open and close.

Completely random........but hey, if I ever become an imagineer who knows....

*only a small sinister laughter this time*

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

Fooled DaddyB too. He called her a "queen." LOL

Ha, I see what you mean.

btw, rumor has it that the "New" HHG will get their eyeballs back and they'll "look" around, any thoughts on it?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter13 View Post
    That's crazy. They pay attention to every detail and when someone goes "How about the tea party gal has a bird in it's hat" no one ever thought to say "Heh, perfect for a gag! Make it move because it is dead too".....

I've been coming up with ghosts (ok....is that wierd?) and one of them was a woman much like the one sitting on the hearse. Her hat keeps lifting away due to the bird but it gets tired and falls back on her head. She carries on a conversation with the person beside her, unknowing that the dead fox "boa" is slurping down some of her tea. All the while her alligator purse is snapping open and close.

Completely random........but hey, if I ever become an imagineer who knows....

*only a small sinister laughter this time*
    Great ideas Chapter! No doubt would add some, ahem, "life" to the ride.

LOL

Chad

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Great ideas Chapter! No doubt would add some, ahem, "life" to the ride.
    I agree. Those are great ideas, Chappie. Just don't let anyone get alligator shoes, LOL.

*ego inflates*

AHHH! Get me off the ceiling!

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

He should just get a makeover, trim his nail, get a new outfit... etc.

They should put the one on the left on a diet, and trim the one on the right.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

The last time I saw Ezra, I did think to myself that he looked differerent from a picture (the old-school one you posted) I saw.

Then I was distracted by the giggles of delight from people seeing their reflections with HHGs in their doombuggies

Ah, you folks are restoring my faith in humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    Believe me, I've noticed all that stuff
    You know, I remember you getting all excited about a subtle change in Connie's arm movements or something, and then retracting it when you realized on further analysis that it was a variation that had always been there. And I thought, "Good man."

Chappie, I haven't heard any fresh rumors about the HHG's. I'm assuming we're going to get something like the TOT illusions, and they'd be stupid not to put more animation into them when they've got the chance like that. I've got a "wait-and-see" attitude about the whole thing. I'm still waiting for the Sťance room to go bonkers too. Haven't heard a peep about it, either.