Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1

    • I'm baaaaccckkk!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    1,436
    Blog Entries
    5

    Haunted Mansion Question....

    Hey all!
    I have a friend coming to visit from London next month. I want to take her to Disneyland, and spend a couple of days so that we can get on everything. She wants to go on the Haunted Mansion, because she loves all of the pictures she see's of it and loves the whole aura of the attraction.....
    The only problem is, she has an EXTREME fear of crowded elevators. She can't even handle the elevator in the mall if it has more than just a couple people in it. Do you think there is a way we can get her on the ride without having to go in the elevator? Would a CM accomodate this??
    Thanks!!
    <3 Chloe

  2. #2

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,571

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Freak04 View Post
    Hey all!
    I have a friend coming to visit from London next month. I want to take her to Disneyland, and spend a couple of days so that we can get on everything. She wants to go on the Haunted Mansion, because she loves all of the pictures she see's of it and loves the whole aura of the attraction.....
    The only problem is, she has an EXTREME fear of crowded elevators. She can't even handle the elevator in the mall if it has more than just a couple people in it. Do you think there is a way we can get her on the ride without having to go in the elevator? Would a CM accomodate this??
    Thanks!!
    People aren't supposed to know that they are on an elevator, it is the stretching gallery. It is pretty big so I don't think she will notice.

    Even better, take her on Tower of Terror. The room they put you in with the TV is actually an elevator that takes you down a level or two. When you get off of that, tell her she was just on an elevator!

  3. #3

    • 88 mph
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA 10 miles from DL
    Posts
    808

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Even better, take her on Tower of Terror. The room they put you in with the TV is actually an elevator that takes you down a level or two. When you get off of that, tell her she was just on an elevator!
    Wait what?! Really??!!?


    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saugus, CA
    Posts
    253

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    People aren't supposed to know that they are on an elevator, it is the stretching gallery. It is pretty big so I don't think she will notice.

    Even better, take her on Tower of Terror. The room they put you in with the TV is actually an elevator that takes you down a level or two. When you get off of that, tell her she was just on an elevator!
    Really!! Thats an elevator; I did not know that.

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fullerton, California
    Posts
    143

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    #1- That is awesome. I didn't know that was an elevator. #2- I'm sure that a CM will be able to help. I don't see why they wouldn't.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    The "Elevator" Is actually like a huge room. It is in fact an elevator but that goes down only one floor. Also you can barely feel it going down.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  7. #7

    • Progressive Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    As a guest, you aren't supposed to know that it is an elevator. It certainly doesn't feel like one. It's far from the traditional elevator that you would find in a mall.

    Now if she has problems being confined in areas with groups of people, she is going to have problems inside of all kinds of attractions. IMO, if she is going to have problems on the HM, I don't know how she wouldn't have problems in Star Tours too.

    While I don't know for sure how DL would handle such a request, I would be surprised if there would be any special accommodation for this situation.

    My advice is that if she doesn't know it's an elevator, then don't tell her. It's more of a technical detail than feeling like you are actually on one.

  8. #8

    • 88 mph
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA 10 miles from DL
    Posts
    808

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    The "Elevator" Is actually like a huge room. It is in fact an elevator but that goes down only one floor. Also you can barely feel it going down.
    I think dolewhip and I are speculating on if the room in Tower of Terror is an elevator.

    And to the other quote, people have fear of elevators for being stuck in them. Its a Psychological problem. They can ride rollercoasters and such, but are terrified of elevators.


    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

  9. #9

    • WDW Fant! Premiere Cast
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,470

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    I have an extreme claustrobia thing, also. I can't handle elevators at the mall, can't handle the wait area for It's Tough to be a Bug in WDW (wouldn't attempt it in CA). I can do the stretching room, though, if I hang back where the door closes. Everyone usually pushes to the front of the room that there is some extra space in the back. There's so much going on above you that your friend might not feel the room stretching. When the room opens back up, hang back and walk slowly to avoid the cattle run.

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    246

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Even better, take her on Tower of Terror. The room they put you in with the TV is actually an elevator that takes you down a level or two. When you get off of that, tell her she was just on an elevator!

    You sure about that? There is nothing anywhere that I could find that says that room is an elevator too.

  11. #11

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,571

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    I think dolewhip and I are speculating on if the room in Tower of Terror is an elevator.
    The room with the TV with Rod Serling is in fact an elevator. I remember reading this in the OC Register when TOT opened.

  12. #12

    • 88 mph
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA 10 miles from DL
    Posts
    808

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    You sure about that? There is nothing anywhere that I could find that says that room is an elevator too.
    Now that I think about it, there is no elevator. Only because the exit from the ride is on the same level as the entrance of the first floor shaft.

    Unless Im mistaken.


    "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

  13. #13

    • Do You know?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the floor
    Posts
    1,285

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    If she does not like the crowds than I would go to HM as soon as the park opens. Most people are going to go to Indiana or Space so you will probably not have very many people in the "elevator" with you at say 8am.

  14. #14

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,571

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeronius View Post
    Now that I think about it, there is no elevator. Only because the exit from the ride is on the same level as the entrance of the first floor shaft.

    Unless Im mistaken.
    If this "elevator/TV room" takes you UP one level instead of down then this would make sense. In fact I think it does, because doesn't the queue slope downwards after leaving the TV room?

  15. #15

    •   
    • Blind to His Own Faults
    • Online

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Near
    Posts
    8,045

    Re: Haunted Mansion Question....

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    If this "elevator/TV room" takes you UP one level instead of down then this would make sense. In fact I think it does, because doesn't the queue slope downwards after leaving the TV room?
    after leaving the "Library", you go UP a flight of stairs on ToT to board the "Service Elevator".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Haunted Mansion question
    By Princess Victoria in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 06:57 PM
  2. [Question] Haunted Mansion question
    By Axerion XIV in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 01:19 PM
  3. Haunted Mansion Question
    By princedalton in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 02:20 PM
  4. Haunted Mansion question
    By JiminyCricketFan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 02:27 PM
  5. Haunted Mansion Question
    By FantasyForever in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-14-2005, 12:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •