Disney's Policy on "No Re-Hire"

I have a question about Disney's Re-hire policy.

What exactlly is it. I was a cast member back in 2005 and left the company without notice for extreme personal reasons the same year. I am wondering if I will ever be able to work for the company again. I left without a two week notice. Is it possible to find out if you are a no-rehire or something. I called Casting Records and couldent get to anyone, everything was automated and nothing directs you in a sensable direction.

I want to re-apply to the company but would like to know what my chances are. Can anyone help me with this? How can you find out your status with the company. This all happened in 2005, I am hoping after 2 years i will be cleared.

???

Re: Disney's Policy on "No Re-Hire"

As desperate as they seem to hire people I can't imagine that they wouldn't, unless there are some red flags in your record.

• Special Agent

Just call casting directly (I think there may be an option to get to the casting lobby via the Jobline). If that fails, then simply show up at the Casting Lobby at TDA and inquire within.

By law companies can only give out certain information on former employees. They can't specifically ask for performance records, but what they can ask for is if an employee has a rehire/no rehire status with that company. If you do have a no rehire status with Disney, that can negatively affect any Job Applications you submit in the future with Disney listed on them.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I have a cousin who got rehired and he was previously fired. Although he was in foods and now he is in merchandising, I believe...

• Basking in birthday love

The only reason you'd end up with a no rehire status is if you're terminated for disciplinary reasons, usually. You may not be able to hire into the same department that you left, and you'd probably have to start over with no seniority. I'm not sure if not finishing out your two weeks would give you a no rehire status, but I don't think so. You should definitely call casting and ask, though.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Minion

You can always just reapply and find out. They will tell you right after looking over your application. They will see that you previously worked there, punch in your social security number and the computer will tell the receptionist if you are non-rehire or rehire eligible. Then you get this nifty little paper that explains the appeals process if you want to appeal the issue if you happen to have a non-rehire. Honestly, if you end up with a non-rehire status I wouldn't even bother with the appeal. I tried it on several occasions and I have yet to hear of anyone rehired after given the infamous non-rehire status.