• Done waiting!!

Adventureland traffic

Seems like there's not a lot of Adventureland threads so here goes:

Everyone knows that the foot traffic through Adventureland can be some of the most congested in the park. Any ideas on how to relieve it?

I don't think the solution's as easy as the one for solving Tomorrowland's entrance traffic (moving the astro orbiters back to where they belong).
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• n/a

Re: Adventureland traffic

My dad was randomly complaining about this very thing this weekend, and we weren't even in the park. I think taking out the planters would be very helpful. Also take out Tarzan's treehouse. That random tree doesn't help.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It bottle-necks between Indy and the Tree house. They could get creative with the Indy queue by moving the entrance back and to the side (not the building, just the little sign entrance for standby/fast pass), so people will wait for their fast pass return in an area away from traffic. They could also create a second level entrance for Indy. Use ramps and bridges to get people up and over the traffic without it backing up into the narrow main traffic area. The rest of Adventureland isn't that bad.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Disneyland has 4 major spokes leading off of the Hub.

The first spoke, entering Adventureland has the Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribean, The Haunted Mansion, and Spalsh Mt(and soon it will also have the Pirate Island).

No other spoke has this many headliner attractions.....

Adventureland started getting ridiculous about the same time Tomorowland lost its' Mojo.

It's all a matter of ballance; bring back the Peoplemover, Skyway, and build a headliner attraction in the Carousel Theater and just watch the walkways of Adventureland become passable again.

------Also it wouldn't hurt to get rid of Fast Pass
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland has 4 major spokes leading off of the Hub.

The first spoke, entering Adventureland has the Jungle Cruise, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribean, The Haunted Mansion, and Spalsh Mt(and soon it will also have the Pirate Island).

No other spoke has this many headliner attractions.....

Adventureland started getting ridiculous about the same time Tomorowland lost its' Mojo.

It's all a matter of ballance; bring back the Peoplemover, Skyway, and build a headliner attraction in the Carousel Theater and just watch the walkways of Adventureland become passable again.

------Also it wouldn't hurt to get rid of Fast Pass
    Yes, but you are also forgetting the second worst bottleneck. The Tomorrowland entrance. Get all those, plus put the Astro Orbitor back where it needs to be so there is no bottleneck. This is also due to the fact that Buzz Lightyears queue is outside.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Yes, but you are also forgetting the second worst bottleneck. The Tomorrowland entrance. Get all those, plus put the Astro Orbitor back where it needs to be so there is no bottleneck. This is also due to the fact that Buzz Lightyears queue is outside.
    Very true. Once Buzz is no longer the Newest attraction though, I expect that its' line won't be nearly as bad.

Astro Orbitor does need to go back where it belongs.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post

Everyone knows that the foot traffic through Adventureland can be some of the most congested in the park. Any ideas on how to relieve it?

I don't think the solution's as easy as the one for solving Tomorrowland's entrance traffic (moving the astro orbiters back to where they belong).
    And you didn't even mention the Tiki Room, It is right at the entrance to Adventureland. Not to mention Pirates, which is right next to the backside of Adventureland. I agree with Dusty, that something should be done at the entrance to Indy ~ that gets the most crowded. Tarzans tree is ok where its at, it helps serve as a dividing place to direct traffic. And as long as the cast member keep traffic moving in that area when it's crowded, thatfine. In fact, I like the extension they added on the treehouse, when Tarzan moved in. It make a nice entrance/exit to/from Adventureland atthat end.

• Merry 2014!

use the frontierland entrance and forget riding indy. that is what i do.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

A couple of problems in Adventureland are from a few causes.

1. While Adventureland is rather LARGE, the actual walking area is quite small; there is only the one narrow strip from one end to the other.

2. Fast Pass machines and Fast Pass entry line competes with both standby AND the exit of Indiana Jones. That's a lot of people crowding around figuring out WHERE exactly they need to go.

3. Tarzan's Treehouse entrance is in the middle of the walkway, confusing guests on which way they should go. Thus also creating congestion.

4. Bengal Barbeque is directly across from Indiana Jones and usually has a line of its own. And people want to actually EAT their food. More congestion.

5. Riverbelle Terrace has an entrance on the Adventureland side which adds further confusion and congestion since it's right at the entry/exit to adventureland.

So what are some solutions? I'll try to think of a few while being as reasonably realistic as I can.

1. Remodel and redesign the Riverbelle Terrace so that the entrance and exit are on frontierland side only.

2. Consolidate the Adventureland stores just a tad to allow for some extra seating for Bengal Barbeque. Keep the seats away from the walk path as much as possible.

3. Make Aladdin Oasis a restaurant again (ok so that won't help the crowds but it would be nice)

I'm too tired... i'll have to stop there.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Make Frontierland interesting again. People will rush there instead of Splash and Indy. Also would help if they launched the rafts to Pirate Island from that side of the river, convincing the mass crowds to enter Frontierland for the new attraction istead of through Adventureland to CC.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    And you didn't even mention the Tiki Room, It is right at the entrance to Adventureland. Not to mention Pirates, which is right next to the backside of Adventureland. I agree with Dusty, that something should be done at the entrance to Indy ~ that gets the most crowded. Tarzans tree is ok where its at, it helps serve as a dividing place to direct traffic. And as long as the cast member keep traffic moving in that area when it's crowded, thatfine. In fact, I like the extension they added on the treehouse, when Tarzan moved in. It make a nice entrance/exit to/from Adventureland atthat end.
    Tiki Room? Don't you mean the Dole Whip line?

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post

Here's one way of dealing with Adventureland traffic: (Get it? One-Way!)

http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/23...120769525-L-LB

One way traffic.

• Hola!

I think they need to relocate the stroller parking. A lot of the time, strollers back up into the path and create a bottleneck.