Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Defeats the Huns

Well... the girl on VisionsFantasic simply saw people run towards Space... I won't believe it until someone confirms it. hehe. But just in case, I'm going every night after my finals are over to make sure. hehhe.

***ADDITION****
    I just got info that the opening team for SM doesn't even start full training until this Saturday. So.... I'm not exactly sure that what she was a soft opening..
    Last edited by GeneralShang; 06-06-2005 at 08:34 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    Al has stated and I've also gotten the line from CMs that the official opening of Space Mountain is July 15th. And those CMs were tour gudes, so I trust their info a bit more than the average worker. It will be open on the 15th. Not soft, regular old open. As for the soft openings...well, beginning of July and the earliest I would guess. So, yes....soon (TM).
    In addition, Matt Ouimet affirmed in his State of the Resort Address that Space Mountain would officially open ahead of time on July 15th - the third Friday in the month. This is great news, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. It's just that on July 17th, thiings will seem somewhat amiss due to the lack of a new attraction opening on the grand parks official birthday, along with the fanfare which normally accompanies such occasionst. On a brighter note, we can certainly look forward to the official announcement of Finding Nemo, along with a possible People Mover related announcement as well. Also, I can't wait to experience the restored Tiki Room along with the new additions added to the Jungle Cruise.

According to Cast Members that I have spoken with, no word will be given as to when SM2 soft openings will occur until around the end of this month. Therefore, it looks like Al's predoction will prove itself true concerning soft openings for regular guests begining sometime during the first few days of next month. Short of a pitfall, the primary testing will be complete then. What remains unclear is at what point between July !7th and May 2006 will Rockit Mountain and TOT's new drop sequence be announced? Bear in mind, there is still a wild card that hasn't played itself out yet, i.e. the new Star Tours related ride.

Quote Originally Posted by WRDest79
    IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE?

If Vin Diesel ever dedicates anything at Disneyland I might just have to leave and go to Knotts Berry Farm! He is horrible and I dont ever want him associated with anything Disney (the Pacifier was bad enough), let alone Disneyland!
    :confused:
    Actually, I only used Vin Diesel as a case in point that it is likily that a well known entertainer will do the honors of dedicating the ride. It is highly doubtful that Disney would have the same person dedicate both Spave Mountain attractions, at DLP and Disneyland respectively, Another celebrity that we can count on not being chosen is Wacko Jacko. I doubt the former King of Pop will even be in the park.

On another note, it is evident that Oimet and crew are attempting to work out the crowd control problems that transpired during the kick-off. A couple of executives reacted positively to my suggestion that they keep as many rides open as possible on the 17th. I'm sure there were many others who did the same thing. Perhaps the same will prove to on the 15th and 16th. I wonder if legions of media will show up all three days. Reiterating, it just woudn't do to allow them (and their tents) to sabatagie the Celebration for the common person, as they did on May 5th.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-07-2005 at 09:36 AM.

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by turbo funky
    The Space Mountain costumes were out on display on front in costuming the other day.
    What's better than the base costume is the jacket that is available as well. It's shiny ala BLAB jackets, and it has the entry signage on both shoulders. Sweet!
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara
    What's better than the base costume is the jacket that is available as well. It's shiny ala BLAB jackets, and it has the entry signage on both shoulders. Sweet!
    The base costumes, shimmering jackets, and the new trains in conjunction with a highly themed new base launch area will be SWEETNESS indeed!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-07-2005 at 11:28 PM.

• Still lost in Neverland

If you go read today's column by Al, you will see that what I said a few threads back is true. July 4th is the scheduled start date for "Soft Openings". I guess they really want a crowd to put it through a tough test to see how many times it will break down.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Master of Disaster

the thing i am most worried about is the word "bass-y" i saw thrown in this thread. How long till they are replacing the speakers? how often will it be space mountain without the music again?

• Official MC Thread Killer

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15
    the thing i am most worried about is the word "bass-y" i saw thrown in this thread. How long till they are replacing the speakers? how often will it be space mountain without the music again?
    I don't *think* there should be any problems. The trains are designed to incorporate the speakers (the issue last time) and it's inside (Cali Screamin's issue). They should operate just fine, just like Rockn' Roller Coaster at MGM
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Yeah!

Space Mountain

I have already previewed "the new" Space Mountain and just want to tell everyone not to get there hopes up. Don't expect too much, just be happy that Space Mountain is back.

• OM NOM NOM

Awww... come on! They can get their hopes as high as they want!

I think that the main reason everyone is so excited is not because it's any better, but because it's back! I for one remember the thrills I had back in Y2K, and I am perfectly happy that there is no new layout. Long live space!!!

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!
    hail EOM!
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Considering the last time I rode Space was literally weeks before it closed, when it was in a pretty atrocious state, I am sure I will be very impressed by this...especially compared to WDW's lame version...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by woody
    I have already previewed "the new" Space Mountain and just want to tell everyone not to get there hopes up. Don't expect too much, just be happy that Space Mountain is back.

I have my hopes up because I have not ridden SM in over 2 years!!!! Being able to ride this fantastic E ticket is worth getting my hopes up!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

I loved Space before it closed, so I loved it when I rode it last week... I just hope everyone keeps in mind this was, all in all, a refurbishment as much as anything else (OK, a major refurbishment, but still a refurbishment) and that you dont go in expecting a radically different experience.

CMs who did ride too and are a bit disappointed also forget the show effects were not fully operational for this "preview/training session."

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by Am_I_Demon
    hail EOM!
    Woo-Hoo!!

That's what I keep trying to tell people: not to get their hopes up.

I'm sure it's a fantastic ride, and as we get off the ride I'm sure we'll all be very impressed. But once the high wears off, you really need to take a step back and answer this question honestly:

Was it worth being closed for two years?

Probably not.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast