Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• For old time sake

SM will be worth it for years to come. Shoot it was as exciting the first time as it was the last time I rode it before it closed. (I seem to recall riding it in Nov 2002.....or maybe not....maybe I last rode it...gosh i don't know)

It's a classic that will never loose "it"
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Makkura
    Was it worth being closed for two years?

Probably not.
    Option 1) No refurb, and the track comes apart and a train derails and someone dies....

Option 2) Major refurb, new track that doesn't fall apart, and no one dies.

Yeah, I'd say no one dieing is worth a 2 year rehab.

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    Ahh, the world of...

Soon™

Is it now? Is it then? Is it later? No, It's Soon™.
    I love it

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    ...especially compared to WDW's lame version...
    WDW SM is sooooo LAME!

I first rode it in Dec 2004. I was so excited cause DL Sm had been closed for well over a year and i was having withdrawls. First thing off the plane... my brothers and I headed for WDW MK & got in line for space mtn. (we called all our friends bragging that we were riding SM. JEALOUS?!). While waiting the ride broke! But we happily endured for the pleasure and promise of the space travel that awaited us....
    We rode!
    I tried to like it and even forced myself to say it was great. But it wasnt. I lied to all my friends (im sorry) and worst of all we didnt even go back to give it a second chance. It would have been better not to have rode at all. Terribally disappointing.

SM in Paris... now thats a different story. Fabulous! The BEST Mountain to date!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

@WRDinc

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

SM in WDW is more like an indoor version of Matterhorn than anything else. I really like the loading station and the queue, but I'm also not a fan of the ride system.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by AP2CM
    SM in WDW is more like an indoor version of Matterhorn than anything else. I really like the loading station and the queue, but I'm also not a fan of the ride system.
    And the queue has dropped immensely in quality since they took out the SMTV screens...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• The Magics in the details

Ya, I went on it last week. It's very smooth, but none/very few of the new effects were on. New music is good, and the queue is still heavily under construction. I hope they open it with the "RocketMountain" night time track. I concur with what others have said...it's pretty much the same attraction, refreshed. Nothing majorly new...at least from what i've seen.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

Does anyone know where I can find a OLD video of SM i really wanna see the old que again.

• Animatronic

As long as they have the techno babble in the queue, I'll be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by WRDest79
    WDW SM is sooooo LAME!

I first rode it in Dec 2004. I was so excited cause DL Sm had been closed for well over a year and i was having withdrawls. First thing off the plane... my brothers and I headed for WDW MK & got in line for space mtn. (we called all our friends bragging that we were riding SM. JEALOUS?!). While waiting the ride broke! But we happily endured for the pleasure and promise of the space travel that awaited us....
    We rode!
    I tried to like it and even forced myself to say it was great. But it wasnt. I lied to all my friends (im sorry) and worst of all we didnt even go back to give it a second chance. It would have been better not to have rode at all. Terribally disappointing.

SM in Paris... now thats a different story. Fabulous! The BEST Mountain to date!
    I just rode Space Mountain in Paris for the first time on March 31, and I was disappointed in it! I went on it twice to make sure I didn't miss anything. Don't get me wrong...the ride was good, but not great. The ending was what ruined it for me. It completely petered out at the end, unlike ours where the last couple of banked-turns are the fastest of the whole ride. Also, the red spiraled tunnel just wasn't that great! Sorry to you Paris-SM fans, but I still think ours in Disneyland is the best! It may not go upside-down (not a big deal anymore!) or go as fast, but with the tight turns and smaller, more open cars, it feels almost as fast and provides a much better ending.

Also, the outside station loading in Paris sucked big time!!! Ours is much more visually appealing and puts you in the mood! Sorry....just my humble opinion!

On a brighter note, Thunder Mountain in Paris was incredible!!!!!!!! Wow!!! Talk about a great ending!!! It felt like it kept dropping down that curve forever!!! I was totally impressed with that ride. I almost didn't ride it because I thought it would be the same as ours in California, and I don't like that one at all!!! That one totally peters out at the end, whereas the Paris version was a big surprise!!!

• Banned User

I know this is random but when did it close? I last went on it when I was 13 on an 8th grade school trip.. that was like 4 years ago.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    April 2003
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• The one, the only...

WDW is a lame version!

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    Considering the last time I rode Space was literally weeks before it closed, when it was in a pretty atrocious state, I am sure I will be very impressed by this...especially compared to WDW's lame version...
    Disneyland's Space Mountain is SO much more thrilling! I was so disappointed when I when on WDW's. I am looking forward to DL's this year!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345