Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Re: Motor Boat Cruise No More/Monorail Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Fingers crossed for a Little Mermaid attraction.
    You read my mind Tim, ever since I saw the CG ride through on the Little Mermaid dvd i've always hope they would build it. Im just trying to imagine how much space is back there. Cant really imagine a big enough ride back there or at least a C or D ticket attraction.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I've always thought it would be cool to put The Little Mermaid dark ride in that area, but have it be a two story building. This way the Monorail could actually pass through and show part of the ride to the passengers on the Monorail. Similar to how the passengers of the Railroad can see the final scene in Splash Mountain.

Now I know I can already hear the groans..."But Monorail has been shut down long enough! :whine!:"...but I think it would make for an amazing experience.

...Joe...

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Currently, they are building a sidewalk from the new Sub Lagoon Show Building to the parade route back stage to satify the folks at DOSH and the Lawyers in the old Motor Boat LAgoon area.

Photos are available at the link below...
    From state Fire marshal codes that you need a emergency exit from any show building and path to main Street or walkway.

Disney may use it to keep the stuff up and runing in the buliding.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    It is an access path for the subs.

The large piece of property is also being looked at for possible future growth and attraction additions. The paths if needed would be reconfigured to accomodate anything that is built there
    The suits have been saying that line ever since the MBC closed down.

1) It better not be just a path
    2) I did see the stakes when I rode the Monorail yesterday. I asked a CM what they were doing back there and I was told, "Nothing."

Who does this CM make me out to be? You see construction stakes -- that means they are going to build something. Either it is really big, or they don't want us to know. But now with the Monorail allowing guests to clearly see this construction, they better start coming up with answers or close down the monorail until what it is they don't want us to see is built!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The suits have been saying that line ever since the MBC closed down.

1) It better not be just a path
    2) I did see the stakes when I rode the Monorail yesterday. I asked a CM what they were doing back there and I was told, "Nothing."

Who does this CM make me out to be? You see construction stakes -- that means they are going to build something. Either it is really big, or they don't want us to know. But now with the Monorail allowing guests to clearly see this construction, they better start coming up with answers or close down the monorail until what it is they don't want us to see is built!
    you may be see landscape marking for sprinkerer head or for plants or for lights system.

some of the marker I see are elevation marker or loacatio to put pipes or counduit for power.
    Last edited by akfandisney; 03-09-2007 at 10:03 AM.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Fingers crossed for a Little Mermaid attraction.
    Unless you want a small little small attraction uncross your fingers. They would not be able to build the LM attraction as we saw it in the dvd in that area. There is some space but not really enough for anything of any size.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

That area is quite large plenty of space for an attraction or a small land there. Its bigger than most people think the area looks smaller than it is because of the way the autopia wraps around. There is also the old MBC loading area and plenty of land with just landscaping and elevated dirt mounds that make the area look small and secluded.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

It is an access path for the subs.

The large piece of property is also being looked at for possible future growth and attraction additions. The paths if needed would be reconfigured to accomodate anything that is built there
    Yay! This is Disneyland's equivalent of WDW losing it's subs to a Pooh playground.

Way to go, suits!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I saw this 3/8 while on the Monorail, and I immediately thought it was going to be an Autopia expansion. Either way, its a disappointing replacement for the Motorboat Cruise area.. but I'd much prefer an Autopia expansion rather than such an unecessarily elaborate evacuation path... But oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Yay! This is Disneyland's equivalent of WDW losing it's subs to a Pooh playground.

Way to go, suits!
    Even though it stinks, I'd much rather lose the Motorboat Cruise area instead of the entire Sub Lagoon.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Im glad we got the subs back too but if they wanted to one day add a new ride they can just rip out the walkway and move it and move in the new attraction.

Great avatar MasterGracey! its so mythical looking too it or something. oh yea I just remembered it came from ur update
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

That area is quite large plenty of space for an attraction or a small land there. Its bigger than most people think the area looks smaller than it is because of the way the autopia wraps around. There is also the old MBC loading area and plenty of land with just landscaping and elevated dirt mounds that make the area look small and secluded.
    Not so much. With the added building for subs and the path that is needed there is not really that much open space. They could put in a playland forsure but a full blowen attraction.... not so much. If they just tore out the area of MBC they could have put in something more, but they have to add in a lot of stuff for the subs. If they tore out the old loading area and flatened all of that, they might be able to do something but again there is not that much space.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Wasnt the added building added INSIDE the lagoon, not the MBC? Seems that they could still use this space quite easily and just wrap the escape bath a bit more tightly or have it even go through the show building of whatever new attraction they build.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

^yea it was built in the lagoon not the MBC.

Heres some pics from Mousetimes.com showing the path way. Its really more of a small sidewalk.

Like Darkbeer pointed out in a page or so back it ends near the parade route.
    http://www.mousetimes.com/dlrpictori...0_07_0034.html

The exit from the new show building-
    http://www.mousetimes.com/dlrpictori...0_07_0051.html

The sidewalk in place-
    http://www.mousetimes.com/dlrpictori...7/index12.html

Theres still tons of room for a new attraction down the road one day but for now Im very happy the subs are coming back.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12