Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

• The Picture Guy

Re: Dubai Disneyland the next big thing?

Ummmm, this video is very Hot, trust me. They even have Dinosaur Park in here. You will feel so much sweeter after you watch this video. The soundtrack is techno music which you can dance to, if you have too much time on your hands........

The construction of Dubailand has not started, so it's only a pie in the sky. But it shows that Dubai is committed to spend as much money as it takes to build anything imaginable, and who can imagine better than Walt Disney Imagineering? Just let Dubai pay for all the construction cost.

You can click on the following link:
    Last edited by philip; 03-10-2007 at 03:14 PM.
    I am the picture guy---A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post

Ummmm, this video is very Hot, trust me. They even have Dinosaur Park in here. You will feel so much sweeter after you watch this video. The soundtrack is techno music which you can dance to, if you have too much time on your hands........

The construction of Dubailand has not started, so it's only a pie in the sky. But it shows that Dubai is committed to spend as much money as it takes to build anything imaginable, and who can imagine better than Walt Disney Imagineering? Just let Dubai pay for all the construction cost.

Wow. I watched the video and I definitely have feelings about it, but forget it. Anything I would say would just cause a firestorm of disagreement.

Suffice it to say, I was not impressed. Or maybe I was impressed, but not in the way his royal highness would like....

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney didn't design Dubailand for a creative fee, and take a secret percentage of profits for guidance/management advice. It would be such a high profile AMERICAN development over there, that it could aggitate the political situation to have a Disneyland on the Arabian Penninsula. If the French were so upset at an AMERICAN development in France, you can bet that some one is going to be bothered by it in the Middle East, whether it's people within the UAE or some extremists in neighboring countries. An actual DISNEY park in the region would be a roll of the dice in some ways, and that's why I can see Disney holding back on putting their brand on a park, and their neck on the line.

• Minion

While I don't support the building of any new Disney parks, I think I would be fine so long as they create something completely unique like Tokyo DisneySea. I would definitely not want to see another Magic Kingdom being built as that just makes the original Disneyland even less special.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    While I don't support the building of any new Disney parks, I think I would be fine so long as they create something completely unique like Tokyo DisneySea. I would definitely not want to see another Magic Kingdom being built as that just makes the original Disneyland even less special.
    If any place would ever want to BUY THEIR OWN Disneyland, I think it'd be the Gulf.

Tokyo wanted THEIR OWN Disneyland, as did Hong Kong/China. It's sort of a sign of the times. You know you've arrived when you have hosted the Olympics or you're getting a Disney resort.

Disney would probably go to India first for another theme park because it's less risky politically.

But then again, with its initiative to create smaller, immersive experiences in shopping/dining/entertainment in large cities, maybe it's not doing the theme park thing for a while and trying the smaller venues.
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

• Quality Assured

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Jay Rasulo MUST GO! I wonder when the last time was that he himself took a walk around Disneyland, took a walk around the Magic Kingdom, looked inside of one of WDW's many not-so-great and far-too-many hotels. Too bad Matt went into the hotel business...considering that the only thing Jay is "good" for is building hotels and DVC's.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    And regardless of that, I don't want any more Disney theme parks built ever anywhere. There's the whole commodification of the Disney parks that I'm so strongly against as well.
    Personally, I don't think the brand of the Disney parks have become cheapened at all. Having parks in foreign lands just exposes those people to the Disney brand. Disney needs to look to foreign markets to expand revenue and profit. A deal for a Disney park in the Middle East could have a similar windfall to Disney that the Tokyo resorts bring. The only thing you have to watch out for in the foreign parks is that you need to tailor some things to the population you are going after and you need to give the parks time to succeed (a la Paris).

Hong Kong was...and my opinion was against it. However, that little park, even without a Frontierland, and it's carbon copy Main Street and Castle, seems to be turning out rather pretty. If only Tokyo Disneyland (not DisneySea) could be erased and HKDL could take it's place. We'll see how things pan out with HKDL as it expands.
    Also, why would you want to pave over TDL and put HKDL in its place? TDL is one of the best MK type parks in the world.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLForever View Post
    Also, why would you want to pave over TDL and put HKDL in its place? TDL is one of the best MK type parks in the world.
    I agree.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Dubai Disneyland the next big thing?

:OFF TOPIC:

Can we please not derail this thread on account of a tangent.

• Dreaming of Disney World

No it wouldn't be. Nor would a fifth park be at WDW or a third park in Anaheim.

NO MORE DISNEY PARKS, EVER. There are enough in the world, and Disney can't even handle what it has, not to mention the fact that Disney parks would be commodified (and in a way, they already are in some repsects). Another park? BAD BAD BAD IDEA.
    I totaly agree.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Have you seen this article, complete with photos?

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/josh_e...2/09/1681.aspx

"I was completely amazed at how this place really has out-Disneyed Disney. More than Las Vegas in the mid-1990s when they were still angling for the family crowd, Dubai is the next Disney. The most incredible part is that they're only getting started."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

This link is also quite interesting.

http://www.siteselection.com/ssinsid...t/sf031117.htm

A Theme Park of Jumbo-Size Scale

"Decisiveness and frankness, however, aren't the only essential traits for Dubailand investors. They'll also need the ability to think on a very broad scale.
    Dubai officials, who have studied the idea for more than two years, readily admit that they were initially inspired by Disney's successful theme parks. Dubailand, though, takes theme-park scale several steps further. The design contains 45 "main projects" and 200 "sub-projects," government officials said.
    The main projects will include Arabian Theme Park (an equestrian center); Aviation World; Dinosaur World; Motor Racing World; Pharaohs' Theme Park, and Snow World (an indoor ski-slope), as well as The Mall of Arabia, which project officials are billing as "the biggest shopping mall in the world." Not to mention other Dubailand components that include the largest zoo in the Middle East; a sports complex; several new five-star hotels (including one built among desert dunes); an artificial rain forest under a huge glass dome; a modern art gallery, and a water amusement park.

In short, Dubailand could be unlike anything the world's seen. "Anyone who does not attempt to change the future will stay a captive of the past," said Sheik Mohammed."

• Dreaming of Disney World

Im sorry but this place does not impress me. Yes it looks amazing but it doesnt look magical like Disney and it doesnt look like it is going to have the things that makes Disney, well Disney. It doesn't have dark rides(well it doesnt look like it does) and it doesn't look like when im there I will feel like im in a whole different world. It just isnt Disney and no matter how much money they spend it just wont be Disney to me and alot of people on this site.
    Look for me on Facebook: Tyler Keith Lee Tew

For all Disney News when it happens, follow DisneyverseNews at www.twitter.com/DisneyverseNews

• The Picture Guy

I have thought long and hard about the Dubailand projects. Even though they will have so many rides, I wonder if those parks will be successful without a movie tie-in. There are thousands of amusement parks in the world, the more popular ones have themes (any themes, movie, foreign places) tied to its attractions, and the most successful ones among those "theme parks" have "movie themes" specifically.

DubaiLand's themed lands are great, but they don't give you as much emotional impact as it would with a movie tie-in. These rides may draw some crowd during the first few years, but they won't stay popular for decades like the Disney e-tickets.
    I am the picture guy---A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast