Thread: Jellyswings

• ...TWO BITS!

Jellyswings

Not going into anymore details other than this, I know how you guys love my long threads

So, out goes Jumpin Jellyfish from DCA's Paradise Pier. Definately would like Golden Zephyr to replace Orange Stinger. So I was thinking how OS could be rethemed in CA Screamin's east helix. I know some wanted an Ursula spinner. I'm not too crazy about that. So how about rethemeing Orange Stinger as "Jellyswings", "Jelly Swings", or just "Jumpin' Jellyfish". I think you get where I'm going with it now. Instead of the odd OS theme, go with a Jellyfish theme. Guests swing with the Jellyfish's tentacles.

Perhaps instead of looking past bumble bees on an orange peel, you look past characters from the classic 1938 Disney short "Merbabies" that are decorated on the roller coaster beams along with bubbles and seaweed.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Jellyswings

bump yo

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• For You!

My kids would be devasted if the Jumpin' Jellyfish went away. It's their favorite ride back there.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

I am certainly no real fan of either the OS, or JJ. I guess I just don't see how re-theming the OS into a jellyfish-like attraction would be an improvement.
    At least the Orange represents CA Agriculture (not to mention Orange County).
    And coupling it with icons from an obscure 1938 animated short? Hmmm...but what do I know? I like DCA--shows how much sense I have .

• ...TWO BITS!

This is why I need to do those long threads to explain how everything fits together. But if I do that, nobody wants to read.

It's a give and take, for goodness sake.

-Jurassic Park

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

It's an okay idea, although I'd like to see all the rides in that corner of the park, minus Mullholland Madness, removed to make way for bigger and better attractions.

...Joe...

• Still wants to be a cat!

OS never has a line to speak of....so changing the themeing isn't goint to help much. Wolfette loves OS, but I think it's because she can ride it over and over and over agan with no wait. Let it go.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• ...TWO BITS!

1) I was not totally suggesting to get rid of Jumpin Jellyfish. There was an idea I liked to retheme and relocate this in Flik's Fun Fair's Princess Dot's Puddle Park. Rethemed as riding up and down on a dandelion or (keeping the character based attractions) Dim holding Rose and Rose holding guests in her webbings.

2) I never said rethemeing OS to JS was going to raise attendance. I just think it's a better theme than swinging inside a giant orange peel with bees inside over a lagoon...

I wanted to keep the swinger because it still fits in with a Paradise Pier theme. Disney would just be paying to relocate the swingers. But in doing so, may as well retheme it more properly. Plus I think the big orange peel is such an eyesore. They could have easily represented an orange grove in Bountiful Valley Farm.

This is just a good clean fun for the whole family ride. Simple and plain. Some love it, some don't. I'm thinking what is good overall for guests and DCA.

3) The Disney animated short "Merbabies" was released in 1938... a time era practically being looked at to restructure Paradise Pier. The character designs have a nice classic look and is a nice reminder of classic Disney animation. It is also in keeping with OS's odd use of bees in the attraction. Plus it's quite decorative and appropiate.

4) If there are still concerns, then I guess I would have to continue typing up what other ideas I have.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 03-11-2007 at 10:21 AM.

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Think of it as placemaking or like the Fantasyland redo. There, they moved around the carroseul, teacups, and dumbo. And it wasn't necessarily for increasing capacity.

-Jurassic Park